Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice to see this as an option, but I'll be sticking with the HD Modular. As others have said, curious to see how the pricing shakes out on this. If the two bumpers are the same price, or if the capable is more expensive, then no issue. If the HD is more expensive, then hopefully they reduce the price of the BL and BD accordingly.

I think the best part of this is it shows Ford is actively working on changes and option for MY22. I was a little concerned that all of the attention being (rightfully) paid to the tops was going to mean few if any of the other changes we've been hoping for would materialize. At least this shows some other stuff is being worked on.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Quite possibly some good news for those two trims. Now they come standard with fog lights. You're welcome!!🤣😂🤣😂

Via Bronco Nation

FORD BRONCO CAPABLE BUMPER JOINS OPTIONS FOR 2022

August 19, 2021

For 2022, Ford is adding the Capable bumper to the Bronco lineup. Depending on trim, available choices for bumpers are now Standard, Capable, and Heavy-Duty Modular.

Capable Bumper

The Capable bumper (above) will be standard on Black Diamond and Badlands, replacing the current Heavy-Duty Modular default.
  • Material: powder-coated steel
  • Features: modularity, fog lights, recovery points, supports the brush guard, factory winch, and front steel bash plates
  • Featured on Bronco Riptide Concept.

Capable-large.jpg

bronco_riptide-concept_07-jpg.jpg

OTHER BUMPERS

Standard Bumper

The Standard bumper is default for Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, and Wildtrak.
  • Material: plastic
  • Features: fog lights, recovery points

2022 Ford Bronco Capable Bumper.jpg

Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper

The Heavy-Duty Modular bumper (above) is currently standard on Black Diamond, Badlands, and First Edition. It will be optional on every trim in 2022.

• Material: Steel
  • Features: modularity, recovery points, supports the brush guard, factory winch, and front steel bash plates

Heavy-Duty-Modular-large.jpg
Is it just me or does this seem like a downgrade for us black diamond people yeah you get fog lights and it’s still steel but the modular will be extra money to get now we’re it was standered before. I don’t know about you guys but my anus is so sore from the ford butt plugging

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just rember I got Sasquatch pakage on my black diamond that comes standered with the modular bumper correct not going to lie I do like the fog lights I’m good either way I guess got plenty of time to think about it being 2 door res. What ford needs to do is make sig lighting standered on black diamond

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Happy to see more MY22 stuff but glad I’ll have the HD steel. Never cared for the capable but it is better than the plastic bumper if you want factory fogs.
This. There were some of us that were getting fogs standard on our trim but didn't want a plastic bumper. Upgrading to the modular steel bumper, eliminated the fogs including the wiring harness and native interior switch. Now, we will be able to get a steel bumper and keep our fogs. For everyone that still wants the modular bumper, it will still be an option.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw the headline and anticipated rejoice in the comments. Finally some true differentiation between the trims.
Surprised to see the first 2 pages full of unhappy campers

When the capable bumper was originally shown a year ago, I saw it as the best of both [bumper] worlds. People were bummed when it was taken away.

If you have price protection, you're good to go peeps
Yup. My favorite. I ordered the stock bumper on OBX because i dislike the modular. I'd buy the Capable from Ford next year and upgrade. Don't need removable ends.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think I like this. I mean you get all the wiring and what not for fogs. You get a steel bumper that I'm sure is plenty capable. Then, if you don't like, just go aftermarket with the bumper you really want and enjoy all of the pre wiring of the fogs. I feel that a lot of people probably would've changed out their modular bumper for aftermarket anyway. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not seeing that the ends come off of this bumper. No seems anywhere, and it has sensors close to the ends of the bumper. Back to HD Mod bumper for me. Even though this is better looking, it's too big for serious off road.
I like this bumper, I dont need removable ends for Sand & Beach driving on my OBX. Don't plan on much rock crawling on the East Coast!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's a kick-in-the-nuts hypothetical:

What if the capable bumper only includes fogs for those trims that include them as a standard option? It could be that the BD/BL trims get the capable bumper as standard sans fog lights. Those trims didn't include the wiring and native interior switch before so Ford might just include the capable bumper only with fogs as an option cost on those trims.

For those trims (BB, OBX, WT) that include fogs with the plastic bumper, the good news is you won't lose the fogs when optioning a steel bumper.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I like this. I mean you get all the wiring and what not for fogs. You get a steel bumper that I'm sure is plenty capable. Then, if you don't like, just go aftermarket with the bumper you really want and enjoy all of the pre wiring of the fogs. I fell that a lot of people probably would've changed out there modular bumper for aftermarket anyway. I could be wrong though.
(y) Agreed!

Sponsored

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

is it me or does this capable bumper look plastic af in the images provided? also i dont think you can remove the end caps on it as some had mentioned if the image is correct. i dont mind the look, in fact i am up in the air now to add it to my build in place of the mod bumper since it already has the fog lights. just doesnt look like steel to me.

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally liked it on the rip tide and have a BD ordered.

I'm curious if Ford confirmed this tho? The BN vid had that disclaimer regarding product options at the beginning that was basically like "shit's on fire, yo" so I'm taking capable bumper in 22 with a grain of salt 👀

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another bumper (capable) and another decision to make on where the front license plate is going to go. As if I didn't have enough to worry about in life before this post.
Sponsored