Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Makes me happier for a 2021. I think the Modular bumper looks better than the "capable" bumper.
Agreed. And I plan to put on the Ford premium winch mount and Warn winch. I am not sure it will attach to the other capable bumper. More $$$ out the pocket. So much for "price protection". I doubt changing features is protected within the pricing but clarification would be nice.
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quite possibly some good news for those two trims. Now they come standard with fog lights. You're welcome!!🤣😂🤣😂
Great news that a heavier duty bumper is finally available to match the underbody protection on BD/BL. I like the look of the thin metal bumper on 21 model (reminds me of Raptor), but it offers minimal protection and was apparently never intended on the rock-capable models. Some like that the metal ends are removable on the thin metal bumper (for clearance), but that leaves the body exposed to damage. The capable bumper is probably more suited to folks that want body protection from rocks and trees.

It appears that the plastic trim on the sides of the capable bumper is removable, but the main metal body remains to protect the grill and corner panels from damage.

Looking forward to first-hand reports of how durable the capable bumper is compared to the thin metal bumper. If nothing else, the wiring will be useful for aftermarket bumper lights.

LeJerk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Space X Shuttle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are the end caps able to be taken off these bumpers like on the Wrangler with the steel bumpers? Wrangler Hard Rock and other trim levels.

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like better d-ring mounts on the modular to use for flat-towing.

Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pics of these two things, please...someone... I can't keep up with this BS. This rollout is a disaster. So I won't be getting a steel bumper on my BL now? Is this the news? I get more mismatched colored plastic? Ford, why don't you just drive to my house and punch me in the d...
Capable bumper is still steel. Thickness however I'm not sure about. Oddly it mentions the skid plate under the bumper for the Modular bumper but not for the capable bumper. Wonder if the capable option doesn't include the skid plate.

Edit- @Bronc-O verified the capable bumper does come with the "bash" plates

Last edited:

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While it seems like a lot of folks plan to crash their bumpers into rocks and trees regularly, I just want throw some pineapples against each of these bumpers as a durability test.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can clearly see where the HD Modular bumper ends detach but zooming in I can't see any detachment point on the Capable bumper. It must be super tight tolerances :unsure:. Just looks like a pimped version of the standard plastic bumper.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am glad there are more options for 2022.
I still think an aftermarket bumper would fit me best.
The option I want to hear about for 2022 is manual sasquatch.

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When are we going to get the meaningful announcements for 2022? Like:
- Carpet on the rear seat back of the BD and BL models is replaced with plastic?
- The front camera is being relocated so a winch can be added to high trim?
- The rear seat on all 4 door interior trims will have a fold down arm rest?
GOOD POINT!

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The capable bumper is powder coated steel.

I still don’t like the look of it, but it is at least not plastic.
I like that it has fog lights and ability to add the Safari bar. Getting the modular and wanting fog lights would add possibly $1k to go aftermarket.

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Quite possibly some good news for those two trims. Now they come standard with fog lights. You're welcome!!🤣😂🤣😂

Via Bronco Nation

FORD BRONCO CAPABLE BUMPER JOINS OPTIONS FOR 2022

August 19, 2021

For 2022, Ford is adding the Capable bumper to the Bronco lineup. Depending on trim, available choices for bumpers are now Standard, Capable, and Heavy-Duty Modular.

Capable Bumper

The Capable bumper (above) will be standard on Black Diamond and Badlands, replacing the current Heavy-Duty Modular default.
  • Material: powder-coated steel
  • Features: modularity, fog lights, recovery points, supports the brush guard, factory winch, and front steel bash plates
  • Featured on Bronco Riptide Concept.

Capable-large.jpg

bronco_riptide-concept_07-jpg.jpg

OTHER BUMPERS

Standard Bumper

The Standard bumper is default for Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, and Wildtrak.
  • Material: plastic
  • Features: fog lights, recovery points

2022 Ford Bronco Capable Bumper.jpg

Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper

The Heavy-Duty Modular bumper (above) is currently standard on Black Diamond, Badlands, and First Edition. It will be optional on every trim in 2022.

• Material: Steel
  • Features: modularity, recovery points, supports the brush guard, factory winch, and front steel bash plates

Heavy-Duty-Modular-large.jpg
I think the modular bumper looks better. Fog lights are cool though. The capable bumper looks bulkier, if it is I wonder what it does to approach, vehicle weight, etc. SPECS!
Sponsored