Sponsored

2022 Bronco has rear sway bar UPDATE: POLL ADDED

Does your MY 2022 Bronco have a rear sway bar?

• 2022 2 door Badlands has rear sway bar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So what’s the actual truth here?
Both, is my guess. Best scenario at all times, unless your name is Joie Chitwood, is having all 4 corners in contact with Terra firms and even better is when mass is evenly distributed (parked in your garage).

But you are going rock crawling or even traversing fallen trees in the woods, you want, no need, the vehicle center of gravity to be inside the outer point of contact with the ground. Anything that abruptly reduces the tires grip to the ground increases chances of disaster as you move forward.

If you can convince you passengers to hang out the high side, like on a sailboat st speed you shift the c.o.g. uphill and preserve stability. But if you high side front passenger suddenly is in your lap, you might be already rolling sideways.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Broncoman7072

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Poll is a bit confusing for a Badlands owner. Should they vote for the Badlands answer or the one that corresponds to whether they have Sasquatch?

I'd remove the Badlands responses. If there are trim differences that can be sorted out in the comments.
  • 2022 2 Door Non-Sasquatch has rear sway bar
  • 2022 2 Door Non-Sasquatch no rear sway bar
  • 2022 4 door Non-Sasquatch has rear sway bar
  • 2022 4 door Non-Sasquatch no rear sway bar
  • 2022 2 Door Sasquatch has rear sway bar
  • 2022 2 Door Sasquatch no rear sway bar
  • 2022 4 door Sasquatch has rear sway bar
  • 2022 4 door Sasquatch no rear sway bar
  • 2022 2 door Badlands has rear sway bar
  • 2022 2 door Badlands no rear sway bar
  • 2022 4 door Badlands has rear sway bar
  • 2022 4 door Badlands no rear sway bar
It's pretty simple. You either have a Badlands or a Badlands with Sasquatch. If you have a Badlands with Sasquatch you have have a Sasquatch.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

More than suspension a major Limiting factor on towing is BRAKES, that's why a Jaguar F-pace can outtow a Bronco (5290# towing capacity but you will rarely see an airstream behind a Jag) it has much better brakes.

Take exact same engine and put it in a Defender (albeit a different chassis) and you can now tow 7000-8000#

But to be clear regarding another thought brought up in this thread, adding or deleting an anti-sway bar has no effect on spring capacity - it will change the body lean in turns and maybe somewhat forward squat during heavy braking.
Thanks tips. I'll try to stay clear of the oddball vehicle comparisons and unnecessary capitalizations otherwise we'll be here all day. To be brief and clear and nip this in the bud - and not for the first time on the history of this forum - the Bronco and Ranger have similar platforms and braking systems, and the Ranger tows 7500lbs. If the brakes are actually as much or more of a limiting factor than the suspension is then there is absolutely no reason that they should be.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks tips. I'll try to stay clear of the oddball vehicle comparisons and unnecessary capitalizations otherwise we'll be here all day. To be brief and clear and nip this in the bud - and not for the first time on the history of this forum - the Bronco and Ranger have similar platforms and braking systems, and the Ranger tows 7500lbs. If the brakes are actually as much or more of a limiting factor than the suspension is then there is absolutely no reason that they should be.
I can accept that, that the Ranger and Bronco are very similar underneath

I would not mind a 7500# tow capacity in the Bronco, and maybe not a thing needs changed to tow the same as a Ranger but Jeep even keeps the towing distinction between Wrangler and Gladiator just like Bronco to Ranger.

Sponsored

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice addition. it makes drive much better while cornering..

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone able to get a part # for this rear stabilizer bar yet?
Thank you for asking this question. I would like to know this as well. We will also need the mounting hardware to attached the bar to the rear end and the end links at the frame

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My MY22 2-door 2.7L 10spd Badlands Sas does NOT have the rear stabilizer bar. Voted in poll as such.

MileHighWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rear sway bar is a mid-cycle engineering upgrade on 4-door Sasquatch builds. Has nothing to do with the roof rack option availability change. Rear shock tuning and steering rack tuning are different. Rear shock tuning is essentially softer mid-stroke, which reduced rear roll control near normal ride height on paved surfaces. Sway bar was added to return the required level of rear roll control with the rear damper adjustment.

The difference does not completely change the character of the truck, but it’s noticeable. If you’re able to drive a ‘21 4d with Sasquatch and a ‘22 back-to-back, you can tell the difference easily. It’s much tougher if you can’t drive both back to back. Rear ride on ‘22s with the mid cycle change is noticeably better.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rear sway bar is a mid-cycle engineering upgrade on 4-door Sasquatch builds. Has nothing to do with the roof rack option availability change. Rear shock tuning and steering rack tuning are different. Rear shock tuning is essentially softer mid-stroke, which reduced rear roll control bar normal ride height on paved surfaces. Sway bar was added to return the required level of rear roll control with the rear damper adjustment.

The difference does not completely change the character of the truck, but it’s noticeable. If you’re able to drive a ‘21 4d with Sasquatch and a ‘22 back-to-back, you can tell the difference easily. It’s much tougher if you can’t drive both back to back. Rear ride on ‘22s with the mid cycle change is noticeably better.
Do we know if this softer rear shock is also used on the badlands non sas? If so I would assume they determined that without sas it didn't affect its ride hight as much?

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for asking this question. I would like to know this as well. We will also need the mounting hardware to attached the bar to the rear end and the end links at the frame
Yes and yes. I ordered all the parts and have already received them. Will be installing them on my 21 Wildtrak.
The part that is on backorder on my paperwork seems to be a nut that protects the end of the bolt.

PXL_20220216_183644482~2.jpg

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes and yes. I ordered all the parts and have already received them. Will be installing them on my 21 Wildtrak.
The part that is on backorder on my paperwork seems to be a nut that protects the end of the bolt.

PXL_20220216_183644482~2.jpg
Would you mind sending me a picture of the end links and the actual sway bar?

I am curious to see if the sway bar comes with the rubber rear end mounts and if the end links come complete with all the pieces shown in the photos.

Thank you for providing this information

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would you mind sending me a picture of the end links and the actual sway bar?

I am curious to see if the sway bar comes with the rubber rear end mounts and if the end links come complete with all the pieces shown in the photos.

Thank you for providing this information
Here is everything I received based on the part numbers ordered from the sheet.

PXL_20220216_224258011.jpg

PXL_20220216_224254730.jpg

PXL_20220216_224244932.jpg

PXL_20220216_224227460.jpg

PXL_20220216_224214352.jpg

PXL_20220216_224211354.jpg
Sponsored