WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On another note, the price of a Badlands is increasing by $825 for 22MY? That's a lot. I honestly wasn't expecting more than $300 or so.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

On another note, the price of a Badlands is increasing by $825 for 22MY? That's a lot. I honestly wasn't expecting more than $300 or so.
I was expecting worse could of been 4%.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why would they have told us before 10/01? People would switch their orders to the combination with the largest certificate amount. They should give you the value difference of whatever you were going to order for 2021.
Because they owed it to those who have been patiently waiting all this time. Many people didn't bother making changes because they believed they would have to "re-order" for a 22MY anyway. Like @Compta38 said - He had a BD on order but was planning on going BL for 22. Now he's assed out on price protection.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always figured Price protection was for what you had already on order. If you want to go up in trim you would pay the difference up to the then 2022 trim cost. If I want to add Sasquatch to my manual I am going to pay whatever the upgrade price to Sasquatch is for 2022. Did people thing they were going to be able to make whatever changes they wanted and expect to get 2021 pricing?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not quite sure what the problem is here?
The problem is it screws over people like me who were waiting to upgrade their orders after the 2022 banks opened.

Is dealer invoice pricing also increasing as well? This might actually save folks that did Granger/SAC deals such as myself if invoice remains the same.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they never clarified the details on this before 10/1 with customers or dealers. With all the pushback and delays I was gladly going to pay a $20k difference on my big bend reservation to move to a wildtrak since that's what I really wanted.

Yet I didn't even find it necessary to change my reservation/order trim as I was 99'd anyway.

Seriously a low blow.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y'all crying over a $825 price increase if you want to switch models, yet probably spend 20 hours a week thoroughly investigating every b6g thread that is posted. Drive an uber for a week instead of wasting time on this forum. Problem solved. The $825 price increase was the best news I've heard from Ford for awhile. I was fully expecting $2500-$4000.

Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always figured Price protection was for what you had already on order. If you want to go up in trim you would pay the difference up to the then 2022 trim cost. If I want to add Sasquatch to my manual I am going to pay whatever the upgrade price to Sasquatch is for 2022. Did people thing they were going to be able to make whatever changes they wanted and expect to get 2021 pricing?
Exactly! Change your order = price increase.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The problem is it screws over people like me who were waiting to upgrade their orders after the 2022 banks opened.

Is dealer invoice pricing also increasing as well? This might actually save folks that did Granger/SAC deals such as myself if invoice remains the same.
Invoice probably won't stay the same but I'm sure Granger, Chapman, Stephens, etc will do right by customers.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was what was relayed here by dealers etc...Ford should have been a little more clear instead of just broadly saying we were price protected they should have said price protected on EXACTLY what you ordered.

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My guess is most if not all people who get pushed all the way to '23 are people holding out for painted tops.
That's the bucket I'm in. Day two reservation but wasn't in a rush so was moderately happy to wait and let the bugs work themselves out.
Sponsored