Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, my current unchanged order is a 2-door badlands, Mod top, Leather, keypad. I am going to change it next week to MIC, drop leather to MGV and drop the keypad. I'm kinda thinking this a win for me!
Sponsored

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always figured Price protection was for what you had already on order. If you want to go up in trim you would pay the difference up to the then 2022 trim cost. If I want to add Sasquatch to my manual I am going to pay whatever the upgrade price to Sasquatch is for 2022. Did people thing they were going to be able to make whatever changes they wanted and expect to get 2021 pricing?
Except this memo doesn't talk about options at all. If I ordered a sasquatch for MY21, and the price of Sasquatch goes up for 22, will the certificate cover that difference as well?

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even their math suggests peeps will get pushed from MY21 to MY23.
I'm sure it's not because of the mod top either... Lame allocation formula.
It's definitely because of mod top

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because they owed it to those who have been patiently waiting all this time. Many people didn't bother making changes because they believed they would have to "re-order" for a 22MY anyway. Like @Compta38 said - He had a BD on order but was planning on going BL for 22. Now he's assed out on price protection.
I'm with you. I switched from a Wildtrak to a Badlands *yesterday*. I've been thinking about what I actually want and the Badlands works a lot better for me (I live in Colorado). However if I had received my Wildtrak in a reasonable time after I ordered it I would have been fine with it.

I certainly don't have the oldest order/reservation date on here by a large margin (I placed my Res/order back in early February) but getting hosed on price protection kind of sucks. I've been patiently waiting and now because I switched a week late past an arbitrary date I wasn't told about I've now lost my price protection?

That's pretty messed up.

The only reason I'm at a point where I have the option to change is that they haven't delivered my vehicle. The price protection should have been open for people switching to at least equivalently priced models (my Badlands actually ended up @$1000 more than my Wildtrak).

If it goes up by $800ish then whatever...I'm not going to lose much sleep over it. But it's honestly the principle of the thing. I know that Ford certainly didn't create these delays on purpose...but man what a crappy way to take care of your reservation holders.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So my reservation of a BD, but 99'd order and going with a WT is not protected?

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem is it screws over people like me who were waiting to upgrade their orders after the 2022 banks opened.

Is dealer invoice pricing also increasing as well? This might actually save folks that did Granger/SAC deals such as myself if invoice remains the same.
I don't disagree with your frustration; I think you're right for the record. However, if I had a trim on order and was thinking of changing it in 2022, I would have updated it with the dealership right away for my 2021 order (knowing it wouldn't change my order getting built anyways). My reasoning for that is just so they have the most up-to-date info for when the 2022 order bank opens up.

But maybe that's me; I'm just paranoid something will be missed/forgotten.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Price Protection Announced Capture.JPG

I'm confused Is this only the 4 door going up in price not the door 2 or is ford fucking 2 door people again?

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many people didn't bother making changes because they believed they would have to "re-order" for a 22MY anyway. Like @Compta38 said - He had a BD on order but was planning on going BL for 22. Now he's assed out on price protection.
I didn't make changes because I wanted to see the details about MY22 trims and options first. But I guess I should have blindly changed trims to maximize price protection.

Every piece of news lately is hostile to the reservation customer.

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everyone should have switched to a Badlands/Wildtrak even if you didn't want one. Kind of like the Mod top credit from earlier this year. Also sounds like there's nothing to compensate for the capable vs modular bumper difference on Badlands/Black Diamond. I'm sure people will be upset once the full details come out.

Posted by @DealerInsider

Announcement:

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Price Protection Announced Capture.JPG
Great thanks for the Info!

I wonder how Ford intends to deal with accessories and added options. For instance If I ordered a Wildtrak and added the Lux package, will there be price protection for the Lux packs or will price protection only cover the standard package on the Wildtrak?I know they indicated in the past that it does not cover accessories but it would be good know if that is still the case.

Hopefully, THE CHART will clarify.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was what was relayed here by dealers etc...Ford should have been a little more clear instead of just broadly saying we were price protected they should have said price protected on EXACTLY what you ordered.
Perception can be a bitch I guess.

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with you. I switched from a Wildtrak to a Badlands *yesterday*. I've been thinking about what I actually want and the Badlands works a lot better for me (I live in Colorado). However if I had received my Wildtrak in a reasonable time after I ordered it I would have been fine with it.

I certainly don't have the oldest order/reservation date on here by a large margin (I placed my Res/order back in early February) but getting hosed on price protection kind of sucks. I've been patiently waiting and now because I switched a week late past an arbitrary date I wasn't told about I've now lost my price protection?

That's pretty messed up.

The only reason I'm at a point where I have the option to change is that they haven't delivered my vehicle. The price protection should have been open for people switching to at least equivalently priced models (my Badlands actually ended up @$1000 more than my Wildtrak).

If it goes up by $800ish then whatever...I'm not going to lose much sleep over it. But it's honestly the principle of the thing. I know that Ford certainly didn't create these delays on purpose...but man what a crappy way to take care of your reservation holders.
Out of curiosity, why did you want a WT to begin with? I don't understand people who go WT over BL. A BL can be spec'd with every option a WT has but not vice versa. Even ford is downgrading people who didn't convert FEs to BL. I do wish BL had body colored door handles though.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

That's pretty messed up.

Depending on how it's calculated, you might be ok. For example, Wildtrak base price is higher than Badlands. Unclear how they will determine it yet.

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Y'all crying over a $825 price increase if you want to switch models, yet probably spend 20 hours a week thoroughly investigating every b6g thread that is posted. Drive an uber for a week instead of wasting time on this forum. Problem solved. The $825 price increase was the best news I've heard from Ford for awhile. I was fully expecting $2500-$4000.
The sky was the limit and I was holding my breath that the price increases would be like Jeep where they added $3000 to the price of a 4E because of the demand. Ford has a huge demand and a about a 2% increase is better than I expected.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I dont get all the jockeying for price protection on something you dont have ordered. What did you expect. In my case on my BL I get the voucher flat $ if I go changing the order, I pay whatever the new cost is for whatever option.
Sponsored

Reactions: R11