Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everyone should have switched to a Badlands/Wildtrak even if you didn't want one. Kind of like the Mod top credit from earlier this year. Also sounds like there's nothing to compensate for the capable vs modular bumper difference on Badlands/Black Diamond. I'm sure people will be upset once the full details come out.

Posted by @DealerInsider

Announcement:

8D51DD8A-9CCE-498B-83B0-683394D12B72.jpeg
Hopefully the certificate isn't in the form of more Ford points.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except this memo doesn't talk about options at all. If I ordered a sasquatch for MY21, and the price of Sasquatch goes up for 22, will the certificate cover that difference as well?
That would stand to reason, but I guess we will find out for sure in the next couple days. Just as this memo leads me to believe that I will get credit for the cost of the modular bumper that was standard on my BL build and now will be an upsell because Capable is the new standard.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well, I am glad I added Squatch, 2.7 and 10AT to my Badlands on 9/29. And the dealer did not want to make changes / thought it would screw up price protection ...

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on how it's calculated, you might be ok. For example, Wildtrak base price is higher than Badlands. Unclear how they will determine it yet.
So I guess the question becomes - do I get a "rebate" (or however they're going to do it) for the difference in the Wildtrak price even though I'm now getting a Badlands?

That would be great but my guess is "no". My gut feeling tells me that if I had stuck with my Wildtrak that's how it would have worked. However since I switched I'm guessing they're going to say "no price protection on your Wildtrak since you're not getting a Wildtrak - you're ordering a Badlands and you're past the deadline so you're going to pay 2022 Badlands pricing."

But hey - I'd be thrilled to be wrong. I don't want or expect "extra" back (i.e. if the price difference on the 2022 Wildtrak is greater than the 22 Badlands). I'm just hoping to pay the 2021 price for the Badlands.

Again the only reason I don't have my vehicle is because Ford (even with Covid/parts constraints) really dropped the ball on this rollout. Hell I ordered when vaccines were starting to be rolled out and I'm still going to be waiting close to 1.5 years. Mind you I'm not complaining - just was expecting price protection for a '22 (I'll even send their hammock back in exchange...see? I'm not totally unreasonable).

EDIT: Reading is FUNdamental and apparently I'm not much fun today. Read the slide and it looks like I'll get the Wildtrak price protection on my Badlands. So...I'm satisfied. I just didn't want to get hosed and lose all price protection.

I feel a lot better now.

I also feel better that after reading that slide the Badlands only went up $825. I would be ok eating that cost (although not happy about it) because I really want the Badlands.

Sponsored

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the info. I was planning on changing from my original BD Sas order to an OB, but not any more since I'd be paying '22 prices for the higher model. But too....after seeing how easy it is to put 35" tires on a non-Sas Bronco, I'll probably down grade to a non-Sas BD and hope I don't get up-charged and will get a '22.

Last edited:

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also sounds like there's nothing to compensate for the capable vs modular bumper difference
So no price protection for the Mod bumper on my WT order (7/15 Res) that could get pushed to 2023. 🤪

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they Badlands goes up in prices $825 vs. a starting price of $42,095 that's a 1.95% increase.

With inflation at 4.2% the expected increase to pace inflation would be $1,768. Believe me, even without price protection, the cost increase of the Bronco is the smallest strain on the family budget right now.

Edit: My data was old. 12 month inflation of 4.2% was for April of this year. It's currently 5.3% which translates to a $2,231 increase.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well, I am glad I added Squatch, 2.7 and 10AT to my Badlands on 9/29. And the dealer did not want to make changes / thought it would screw up price protection ...
you just save a good chunk more than what is stated here, people are gonna implode once the full numbers come out on all options/packages.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I guess the question becomes - do I get a "rebate" (or however they're going to do it) for the difference in the Wildtrak price even though I'm now getting a Badlands?

That would be great but my guess is "no". My gut feeling tells me that if I had stuck with my Wildtrak that's how it would have worked. However since I switched I'm guessing they're going to say "no price protection on your Wildtrak since you're not getting a Wildtrak - you're ordering a Badlands and you're past the deadline so you're going to pay 2022 Badlands pricing."

But hey - I'd be thrilled to be wrong. I don't want or expect "extra" back (i.e. if the price difference on the 2022 Wildtrak is greater than the 22 Badlands). I'm just hoping to pay the 2021 price for the Badlands.

Again the only reason I don't have my vehicle is because Ford (even with Covid/parts constraints) really dropped the ball on this rollout. Hell I ordered when vaccines were starting to be rolled out and I'm still going to be waiting close to 1.5 years. Mind you I'm not complaining - just was expecting price protection for a '22 (I'll even send their hammock back in exchange...see? I'm not totally unreasonable).
Thanks for the info. I was planning on changing from my original BD order to an OB, but not any more since I'd be paying '22 prices for the higher model.
Read the document again. You get a voucher for the price difference on the model you had ordered. It can be applied to any model Bronco (except special edition). If you had a 4 door badlands ordered for 2021, you can get $825 off a base 2 door in 2022.

Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

Lol, I can’t wait to see how they screw those of us over in 23 who are waiting for the Mod top. There is a small part of me that hates Ford.

By the time the MOD top comes out, I’m sure Ford will have figured out how to price gouge us to the point where I may just call this whole thing a bad idea and pass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Read the document again. You get a voucher for the price difference on the model you had ordered. It can be applied to any model Bronco (except special edition). If you had a 4 door badlands ordered for 2021, you can get $825 off a base 2 door in 2022.
Yep you're right! I stand corrected. Chalk it up to the fact that I hadn't had my coffee yet.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that I think about it this could end up being a wash...if price increase across the board is similar and we can apply the pricing to higher tiered trims then it works out the same.

It does say we can apply to lower tiered trims by example but does higher apply as well? If I have a BD voucher for say $795 can it go to Badlands that had an $860 increase this offsetting almost all? We need the next slide and confirmation on this before I have a meltdown again.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because they owed it to those who have been patiently waiting all this time. Many people didn't bother making changes because they believed they would have to "re-order" for a 22MY anyway. Like @Compta38 said - He had a BD on order but was planning on going BL for 22. Now he's assed out on price protection.
He's not assed out on price protection. He'll get a certificate based on his 2021 order. It could be more or less than another model. Sure, this launch has been garbage. I sure as heck don't have mine Bronco either. But Ford has to make decisions that are easy to apply and aren't complicated. They are doing things that help the masses. Not the few people that are going to completely change their order. My guess is the range for trim increases is no more than a few hundred bucks.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The certificate amount is communicated by the dealer too. Wonder if this confirms no dealer switching at reorder time. Also wonder which dealer will be the first to try to claw back the certificate amount.
Sponsored