Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they expect some people who ordered before 3/19/20 to get pushed to 23MY? Aye aye aye...
Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm amazed that I finally got something right in my Bronco buying experience. I updated my Base Badlands to include 2.7 and Lux on 9/3/21. I have no idea why I even chose to go by the dealership and do it. I think I assumed that if I waited this long, I'm not settling and leaving a completely unconstrained unit in the system.

Here's to my very first Bronco/Ford Bronco6G news win in over a year....

as a 9/20/21 reservation, I was always expecting and ok with MY22. I was just hoping the 2021 promised builds were closer to estimated production so that my MY22 would be in Q1.

I might actually be excited again!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It looks reasonable to me. How can they price protect something if people change their mind and order something that is totally different?! By giving you the credit, they are giving you flexibility to change. Just try to see the glass half full for once...

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that I think about it this could end up being a wash...if price increase across the board is similar and we can apply the pricing to higher tiered trims then it works out the same.

It does say we can apply to lower tiered trims by example but does higher apply as well? If I have a BD voucher for say $795 can it go to Badlands that had an $860 increase this offsetting almost all? We need the next slide and confirmation on this before I have a meltdown again.
I would think so (at least that's how I read it). It says you can apply your certificate to any Bronco series (except Special editions)

Sponsored

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He's not assed out on price protection. He'll get a certificate based on his 2021 order. It could be more or less than another model. Sure, this launch has been garbage. I sure as heck don't have mine Bronco either. But Ford has to make decisions that are easy to apply and aren't complicated. They are doing things that help the masses. Not the few people that are going to completely change their order. My guess is the range for trim increases is no more than a few hundred bucks.
Yeah I'm with you. Now that I calmed down (and drank my coffee) I'm fine with how they're doing price protection. As I said in an earlier post - I had a Wildtrak ordered and switched to a Badlands yesterday. If I end up "losing" $100 or something because the Badlands goes up a bit more than the Wildtrak...eh with a vehicle this expensive that's a rounding error.

The only things I'm a bit apprehensive about (and I haven't seen any real info about price increases for optional equipment) - the cost increase of some of the bigger add-ons I'm getting on my Badlands. Namely, the LUX package, Sasquatch, and leather seats. All the other stuff I'm adding is pretty small but those three are the biggies that really jack up the price. I'm getting those anyway...because if I'm going to spend this much on a vehicle I'm going to get everything I want. Just hoping those stay about the same or at least don't go up by more than a couple hundred across all three.

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've already been told it is unlikely I will be able to get a '22. I have a long list of reservation holders in front of me at Granger and I was hoping Ford would fulfill the reservation list before moving to stock orders but it doesn't seem that is going to happen. I hope the price protection holds up through this entire process and Ford gets 100% ramped up soon.

T2Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17BMW330i, 70Porsche911, 22BroncoBadlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they Badlands goes up in prices $825 vs. a starting price of $42,095 that's a 1.95% increase.

With inflation at 4.2% the expected increase to pace inflation would be $1,768. Believe me, even without price protection, the cost increase of the Bronco is the smallest strain on the family budget right now.

Edit: My data was old. 12 month inflation of 4.2% was for April of this year. It's currently 5.3% which translates to a $2,231 increase.
You are correct. That is a bright spot in this sea of continued disappointing news.

My worry is that price protection may not apply to the packages and accessories that I had on my BL order, which is close to being "fully loaded." If not, hopefully those items will increase at the same or lower implied percentage.

I share everyone's frustration as I am a day one reservation holder with a 10:00PM eastern timestamp. Perhaps I should have switched to a soft top weeks ago and taken delivery by now, but the hassle of buying a hard-top (which I definitely want) in a couple of years was a compromise that I simply didn't want to take. I see a couple broncos driving around my neighborhood here in Houston. Although I am happy for the owners, I gotta say the ten year-old boy in me is very envious.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm amazed that I finally got something right in my Bronco buying experience. I updated my Base Badlands to include 2.7 and Lux on 9/3/21. I have no idea why I even chose to go by the dealership and do it. I think I assumed that if I waited this long, I'm not settling and leaving a completely unconstrained unit in the system.

Here's to my very first Bronco/Ford Bronco6G news win in over a year....

as a 9/20/21 reservation, I was always expecting and ok with MY22. I was just hoping the 2021 promised builds were closer to estimated production so that my MY22 would be in Q1.

I might actually be excited again!
Here's what I'm curious about (in case the add-ons are price protected). The three big additions to my Badlands (that I switched from a Wildtrak yesterday) are LUX, leather seats, and Sasquatch.

I already had Lux and the leather seats on my Wildtrak so if the 10/1 price protections works for that...then great. But the Wildtrak already came with Sasquatch so it wasn't something I could have added on anyway.

So...if there's price protection for the "extras" I wonder if the Sasquatch would be included in my Badlands build. Will be interesting to see. And if not...hopefully doesn't jack up the price much.

Sponsored

ScoutandBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 International Scout, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone should have switched to a Badlands/Wildtrak even if you didn't want one. Kind of like the Mod top credit from earlier this year. Also sounds like there's nothing to compensate for the capable vs modular bumper difference on Badlands/Black Diamond. I'm sure people will be upset once the full details come out.

Posted by @DealerInsider

Announcement:

8D51DD8A-9CCE-498B-83B0-683394D12B72.jpeg
Hard to say what this means without seeing everything. If all models go up $825, then it won't really matter unless all the options go up as well. If the Badlands goes up $825 and everything else goes up $50, then that will certainly piss off some that were switching up to the Badlands. Hopefully they just increase the base prices and don't touch the options. Wishful thinking? Probably but trying to stay pumped.

And I'm thinking the push to 23's will mostly be the mod tops and some late orders with highly restrained items. So they can wait their turns too like the rest of us.

imatexan3

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra All-Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have a 3/30/21 reservation and ordered 6/25/21, which at first, because of it saying “All customers with a reservation placed by 3/19 will receive price protection” means I didn’t have price protection. But now with it saying “Price protection will be based on what the customer has reserved / on order as of 10/1”, do I now I have price protection? Yes or no? Just a little confused, I feel like I have it now.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
VERY COOL!
I have a Badlands order at Granger and just spoke with them. The $825 voucher can be applied to any trim level. So, if I downgrade the trim level, I can make my purchase a bit more affordable. It's a good option to have.
Granger also thinks the price protection only applies to trim levels and NOT options. So, we should expect Sasquatch and other packages/options may have increases.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct. That is a bright spot in this sea of continued disappointing news.

My worry is that price protection may not apply to the packages and accessories that I had on my BL order, which is close to being "fully loaded." If not, hopefully those items will increase at the same or lower implied percentage.

I share everyone's frustration as I am a day one reservation holder with a 10:00PM eastern timestamp. Perhaps I should have switched to a soft top weeks ago and taken delivery by now, but the hassle of buying a hard-top (which I definitely want) in a couple of years was a compromise that I simply didn't want to take. I see a couple broncos driving around my neighborhood here in Houston. Although I am happy for the owners, I gotta say the ten year-old boy in me is very envious.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Agreed. I am curious to see package prices and the protection on those. While I do appreciate people sharing information, sometimes sharing partial information does more damage than good. Clearly the OP is in possession of additional information as it's referenced in the post. What they did share is labeled "FORD SECRET - DO NOT SHARE". What they've managed to accomplish is to kick off a shit storm of wild speculation and endless posturing.

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Price Protection Announced 1633709031949
Sponsored