Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Okay boys take a breath. I have no allegiance to Ford, but why are you all upset? You have had 15 months to make changes and you didn't.
I reached out to my dealer a few months ago to change my order from OBX to WT. Because I'm a '22 based on reservation date the response was to wait until order banks open.

I'm not worried about it because the price change is likely minimal as a percentage of my build price. But some of us tried.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even their math suggests peeps will get pushed from MY21 to MY23.
I'm sure it's not because of the mod top either... Lame allocation formula.
I saw the allocation formula and it makes no sense. I agree with what others posted....build by time stamp and build them all. I am guessing there are about 110,000 orders left to build and pushed to 2022. Pretty accurate data over the last year has suggested that MAP can crank out 1,000 Broncos and Rangers a day (2 shifts, 500 per shift.) Using the original 60% of that are Broncos, that's 600 Broncos a day X 6 days a week = 3,600 per week. 110,000 divided by 3,600 = 30.5 weeks divided by 4.3 weeks per month = 7 months. 7 months to build 110,000 Broncos...that gets Ford all caught up by Aug 1, 2022. Unless they are anticipating huge build issues and delays next year....WHY ARE SOME DEALERS ALLOCATIONS BEING CUT TO 25% of their 2021 allocation?

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay boys take a breath. I have no allegiance to Ford, but why are you all upset? You have had 15 months to make changes and you didn't. That is not Ford's fault. I have tweaked my order twice in this arduous process. It is not hard to do.
If Ford wasn't vague on how the price protection actually worked then we probably wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

Yes - I could have called my dealer and had it switched

Actually, I messaged my dealer (One of the big 3 here) and we both weren't sure that it would even matter since I would have to change over once again when the 22' order banks opened up.

If Ford mentioned that "Everyone who currently would like to upgrade trim levels and hasn't contacted your dealership - please get with your dealer and make sure that you've solidified your trim level in preparation of the eventual change-over to the 22 model year" when they announced the plan then all is fair.

Instead, they put a memo out today .. 10/8.... telling us what we should of done before 10/1...

Obviously, there's more information that we haven't seen - so hopefully this ends up being just a wash.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
That depends on if the trim you switched to has a less than $825 price increase. For all we know Big Bend could have a $2000 increase and those folks would save more switching to a higher trim than you a lower trim. The price increases may not necessarily be following trim level increase.
It's safe to assume that price increases will be higher for higher priced trims and visa versa.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
That depends on if the trim you switched to has a less than $825 price increase. For all we know Big Bend could have a $2000 increase and those folks would save more switching to a higher trim than you a lower trim. The price increases may not necessarily be following trim level increase.
It's safe to assume that price increases will be higher for higher priced trims and visa versa.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FUN TIMES AHEAD 🥳

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not quite sure what the problem is here?
Shockingly 🙄, I think the people who have problems with it haven't taken the time to read it through and think about it. The only complaint I see being legitimate is not having a system in place to apply your credit to a special edition. If it didn't exist before, how could we have ordered it?

Sponsored

jlaliberty

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone should have switched to a Badlands/Wildtrak even if you didn't want one. Kind of like the Mod top credit from earlier this year. Also sounds like there's nothing to compensate for the capable vs modular bumper difference on Badlands/Black Diamond. I'm sure people will be upset once the full details come out.

Posted by @DealerInsider

Announcement:

8D51DD8A-9CCE-498B-83B0-683394D12B72.jpeg
LOL "FORD SECRET- DO NOT SHARE"

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've already been told it is unlikely I will be able to get a '22. I have a long list of reservation holders in front of me at Granger and I was hoping Ford would fulfill the reservation list before moving to stock orders but it doesn't seem that is going to happen. I hope the price protection holds up through this entire process and Ford gets 100% ramped up soon.
When did you place your order with Granger?

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why do you say that? I think the Base could see a larger increase than the higher models ( less profit built in from the start)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not quite sure what the problem is here?
The problem is that the customer was allowed to choose any build they wanted under the sun. Then given MONTHS of fair warning that they needed to decide upon a final build to be in the system.

But now if that same person who was warned multiple times decides to make entire trim-level changes (assuming this is again, for the first or third time), then the price would change.

Obviously the smart move by ford would be hiring a team of psychics and line them up in a call center where they would reach out (through the cosmos of infinite futures of their minds) to each wishy-washy customer because they were only given ~6 months to make their minds up on a build. Then Ford could provide a free 8-hour life-coaching session to spirit guide that person towards making their final vehicle decision, again. Again.

THAT is the problem here! Ford has lost me!!!!!! And how do you raise prices in 2022 after 2 years of covid? They should be lowering prices to match deflation!

Okay, jokes aside, the only issue I have with their bulletin is that I don't know if they are implying orders placed by March 2019 or by March 19th of some random year (sure hope they don't pick 2000, all the computers were exploding!).