Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For some reason as the Forum Gods struck down my avatar, there have been others carrying the mantle of trust, support, and angelic voices. You're strongly encouraged to use a Rick Astley avatar!!!!

Some say it's impossible for him to sing without children crying in joy, and that he can't run for President because they only allow you to lead one country at a time, all we know, is he'll never let you down!

rick with brew avatar.jpg
She's a beaut Clarke, consider the torch carried.
Sponsored

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so basically if I want to swap my 2021 BD order to a Badlands in 2022 I'm fucked? nice...this bullshit gets better and better.
There’s nothing new here. This is just the mechanism to accomplish what Ford told us months ago When they explained the scheduling problem issues. You are price protected if you get the same (or lesser) version. So no. There is no bull in this announcement or process.

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
I totally agree. Seems pretty cut and dry and I fail to see how anyone is getting dunked. They are simply providing a certificate to deduct from the price found on the MY 22 ordering system.
And furthermore, this certificate is based on MSRP...We don't even know what the invoice price differences are, so if the spread is a little more, you make out if you're ordering from one of the invoice discounted dealers.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure where your gripe is. If you don't change your order, you have locked in pricing. They already planned production based on orders that were in the system.

You change your mind, they change the price. This seems entirely acceptable and anticipated.

It's not exactly a logical leap that prices would increase between years, and that they would do so disproportionately in a time when automakers have rolling plant closures due to chip or other commodity constraints.
I had decided to change my order for 2022MY after I had 99ed it several weeks ago...if the price ends up too high it will just cost Ford money from the trim level and options package I decide not to buy. They want to try and pop me for an extra $1000 over what I was intending to buy and it will cost them $4000 in upgrades I won't be buying any more.

I have already priced out what I want with SAC discount and 2021 pricing. I won't pay substantially more for that in 2022 pricing

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, this price protection is a voucher from Ford to the customer to cover the increase in trim from MY m21 to MY22. Not a credit to the dealer from Ford.

Since the sale is between the dealer and me, this means that my agreed upon price sheet is now void.

I have to make a new order, dealer can charge what they want, and I can apply this voucher to the new price sheet?

every dealer is going to jack up the prices. FTS

Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fords next email Subject line: "Today is the day that we can tell you! Your 2021 Bronco price protection is officially announced."

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A voucher from a third party? Well that just screws me. I didn’t even find out about the Bronco until April (busy getting sober and out of touch with everything) and placed my order within days when I did. I had to argue with my dealer to get price protection because the salesman quit and left me hanging. They agreed since I was only one month late.
I doubt my order sheet with circled “this is the price you will pay” holds up now. Thanks a lot Ford!

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So... What if you have a FE reservation that you're making a 2022 Badlands order in a few days...?

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because they owed it to those who have been patiently waiting all this time. Many people didn't bother making changes because they believed they would have to "re-order" for a 22MY anyway. Like @Compta38 said - He had a BD on order but was planning on going BL for 22. Now he's assed out on price protection.
I understand frustration but didn’t they already say that the price protection would be for a similar order/trim to what you have set up in 2021? Trying to go from Black Diamond to a Badlands is a completely different trim level and has no protection, I feel like that was obvious, not to mention package changes. If people REALLY cared and were going to move to a higher trim, they would have been following the details and moved to the higher trim before the MY changes. Ford has enough to deal with other than people who had a lesser trim ordered/99ed and THINK they want to move to a higher trim in the next model year. Some things we can control, some we can’t. Need to position the best we can where possible, and hope Ford delivers on the rest.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a pretty good way to handle it by @Ford Motor Company. It really couldn't be more fair. That said...they decided to screw a lot of reservation holders with their allocation scheme designed to reward big dealers with extra unreserved Broncos.

Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is most if not all people who get pushed all the way to '23 are people holding out for painted tops.
Let's hope that's the case but there are many who are concerned that allocations that favor big dealers may actually prevent many who reserved with smaller high volume dealers that advertised special deals like Stephen's and Granger from obtaining their vehicle next year.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I one of the few that ordered and never changed a thing?
I think there's probably more folks who made changes than didn't. Lets face it, there's been months to re-think your order and get swayed into some other option, trim level, colour, etc. and factoring parts constraints, it turned into a bit of a game unfortunately.

I was a firm believer in the beginning that whatever I ordered I was sticking to; that's why you do your research before buying something. If you make changes after, you risk having a keying error or some issue of something being missed.

That being said, I did change my colour a couple times but if something was lost in translation, I would have still been fine with any of the colours I had chosen. I also reviewed the Order Confirmation and DORA after each change. I also switched to a soft top because, well... you know why.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, this price protection is a voucher from Ford to the customer to cover the increase in trim from MY m21 to MY22. Not a credit to the dealer from Ford.

Since the sale is between the dealer and me, this means that my agreed upon price sheet is now void.

I have to make a new order, dealer can charge what they want, and I can apply this voucher to the new price sheet?

every dealer is going to jack up the prices. FTS
Every dealer is not going to "jack up prices" on order holders...if you had a deal in writing to pay MSRP, or Invoice, or below invoice, or whatever....most will act in good faith and carry that over. So if you were buying at MSRP and in 22 still buy at MSRP, now you have that voucher to get you back to about where you were net. It'll be a little bit better deal if you go down in trim level, and a little bit worse if you go up in trim level. About the same net if you stay the same. Seems reasonable.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How about options, pricing freeze on options?

Also if you went from a Badlands stick in 21 to a Badlands Stick SAS in 22 do you still get price protection?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
March 19, 2021 was the last day to convert your reservation to an order. If after I guess you are not price protected.
You guess wrong. Both reservations as well as orders prior to 3/19 2020 are price protected.
Sponsored