Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Every dealer is not going to "jack up prices" on order holders...if you had a deal in writing to pay MSRP, or Invoice, or below invoice, or whatever....most will act in good faith and carry that over. So if you were buying at MSRP and in 22 still buy at MSRP, now you have that voucher to get you back to about where you were net. It'll be a little bit better deal if you go down in trim level, and a little bit worse if you go up in trim level. About the same net if you stay the same. Seems reasonable.
I kind of agree that most dealers won’t take advantage, but we’ve seen others definitely screw us over too. It’s a crap shoot.

In short though, this means our original agreement gets cancelled, we pay 2022 prices (at dealers discretion) and get a little credit back for the difference on build (maybe not packages, and def not accessories).

That’s not price protection really. Price protection would be dealer agrees my signed deal, and Ford reimburses them the difference.
Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because they owed it to those who have been patiently waiting all this time. Many people didn't bother making changes because they believed they would have to "re-order" for a 22MY anyway. Like @Compta38 said - He had a BD on order but was planning on going BL for 22. Now he's assed out on price protection.
Nope. I think people are reading it incorrectly. People recieve the price increase credit for the model they ordered or reserved. That credit can be applied to any trim even if it changed from a BL to BD.

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So price protection should protect reservation holders from ADM’s? That would be my assumption!?🤷‍♂️

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My guess is most if not all people who get pushed all the way to '23 are people holding out for painted tops.
Seriously hoping I don't really have to wait till '23, I hope it's just Ford being overly cautious with their prediction for the MOD top production.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Because I understand Economics and it makes sense!

I am so confident in my opinion that I offer you the following wager. We have been told 4Dr Badlands markup is $825. I bet you that $825 increase is larger than the 4Dr Base price increase will be. If I am right, you give me the $825 Badlands increase amount. If I am wrong and Base price increases by $2000, I will pay you the $2000.

Do you accept?
It wouldn't shock me 1 bit to see the base have the largest jump in price. I firmly believe it was intentionally underprice to advertise a low entry price

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously hoping I don't really have to wait till '23, I hope it's just Ford being overly cautious with their prediction for the MOD top production.

The one thing that hasn't been clarified is when does MY23 production started. Waiting until December for MY22 to start is unusual to say the least. Will MY23 follow a more traditional schedule and start hitting lots in August/Sept '22?

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I kind of agree that most dealers won’t take advantage, but we’ve seen others definitely screw us over too. It’s a crap shoot.

In short though, this means our original agreement gets cancelled, we pay 2022 prices (at dealers discretion) and get a little credit back for the difference on build (maybe not packages, and def not accessories).

That’s not price protection really. Price protection would be dealer agrees my signed deal, and Ford reimburses them the difference.
So I have my original order that signed that says “will pay msrp when it arrives”
Then I upgraded to high package and they circled the price and it says “this is the price you’ll pay”
I’ll go ahead and expect neither to be honored so I don’t get upset on 2025 when my 2021 bronco finally gets here.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey bud

Not sure if you got the notice but... mod tops are delayed til FY '23. NOT '22
So yes that means December 2022 at the earliest for mod top orderers

Sponsored

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

so basically if I want to swap my 2021 BD order to a Badlands in 2022 I'm fucked? nice...this bullshit gets better and better.

If getting 21 price protection on that 22 Badlands means getting f***ed, then yes, yes you are.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
It wouldn't shock me 1 bit to see the base have the largest jump in price. I firmly believe it was intentionally underprice to advertise a low entry price
It would shock me and I'll offer you the same wager. Ford will want to keep the entry price low and the take rate on Base Broncos is quite low, so keeping it low won't cost them much. Also, look at the price jumps from trim to trim. Can't imagine why they'd narrow the gap between Base an BB.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If getting 21 price protection on that 22 Badlands means getting f***ed, then yes, yes you are.
I will be getting BD price protection on the Badlands. It might be more or less. I understand that now and I'm not as salty.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe UNICEF will get into the car manufacturing business and everyone's problems will be solved. :)

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Price Protection Announced Joe Dirt Unicef
Sponsored