First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
If getting 21 price protection on that 22 Badlands means getting f***ed, then yes, yes you are.
That's ridiculous! Everyone who ordered a Badlands is guaranteed the MY21 price. Everyone who ordered a Black Diamond has similar price protection. No one is getting f_cued here. Price protection is this inflationary environment is VERY generous of Ford. Damn haters gonna hate no matter what!

If you wanted a Badlands, then you shouldn't have a Black Diamond order. Also, you will be partly protected. If Black Diamonds increase $500 in price, you can apply that towards the $825 Badlands price increase and that is MORE than fair.
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you wanted a Badlands, then you shouldn't have a Black Diamond order.
What if you wanted to know what changes were coming for the MY22 trims before making such a decision?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It would shock me and I'll offer you the same wager. Ford will want to keep the entry price low and the take rate on Base Broncos is quite low, so keeping it low won't cost them much. Also, look at the price jumps from trim to trim. Can't imagine why they'd narrow the gap between Base an BB.
You may be right, I guess we will find out in a few days

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didn't make changes because I wanted to see the details about MY22 trims and options first. But I guess I should have blindly changed trims to maximize price protection.

Every piece of news lately is hostile to the reservation customer.
Ford just looked at Tesla’s reservation system and said “ooh, that looks neat! You just take reservations” and thought absolutely NONE about the logistics that have to follow such a system.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That’s not price protection really. Price protection would be dealer agrees my signed deal, and Ford reimburses them the difference.
Technically you are right, its only a credit for the difference in MSRP of the particular Bronco you ordered for the 2021 MY. It doesn't protect you from ADM any more than it protects you from the dealer deciding to, say, double the prices on its service/maintenance schedule for you. But if you had a firm agreement with your dealer to buy a vehicle at a price certain or at "prevailing MSRP" at the time of order fulfillment, then Ford's price protection program doesn't automatically negate that contract either. There might be a force majeure clause in there that says the dealer doesn't have to perform if Ford doesn't supply the subject vehicle (I just don't know but I'd be surprised if these agreements don't have some kind of out like that for the dealer), but here, since Ford is saying it will supply a vehicle in substitution for the one ordered, it strains credulity to think that the dealer can get a court to enforce its complete abrogation of the contract. So I think in practice this will function pretty close to price protection, but of course there will always be some who will be tempted to see how far they can stretch things.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's ridiculous! Everyone who ordered a Badlands is guaranteed the MY21 price. Everyone who ordered a Black Diamond has similar price protection. No one is getting f_cued here. Price protection is this inflationary environment is VERY generous of Ford. Damn haters gonna hate no matter what!

If you wanted a Badlands, then you shouldn't have a Black Diamond order. Also, you will be partly protected. If Black Diamonds increase $500 in price, you can apply that towards the $825 Badlands price increase and that is MORE than fair.
no shit, that's understood now...I've also posted that my BD order was 99 and there was no reason to change it to a Badlands until 2022 order banks opened.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no shit, that's understood now...I've also posted that my BD order was 99 and there was no reason to change it to a Badlands until 2022 order banks opened.
Notably there were also dealers that advised people just to wait to the 22 order books opened to make any changes. But I guess that's the customer's fault too.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except this memo doesn't talk about options at all. If I ordered a sasquatch for MY21, and the price of Sasquatch goes up for 22, will the certificate cover that difference as well?
It doesn't appear that way. The credit looks like it only applies to the price difference of the trims.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It wouldn't shock me 1 bit to see the base have the largest jump in price. I firmly believe it was intentionally underprice to advertise a low entry price
It will still have to compete with the Jeep Wrangler's entry priced unit.

walleethewhale

Badlands
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I won't be surprised if Ford decides to raise the price of the SAS along with mid/high/lux since they have such a large take rate. I expect SAS to go up at least $1000. (hope not) but I mean, if I ran Ford, I damn sure would.

Sponsored

JAM

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$825 price increase on a 4-door Badlands is a 2% price increase. I wonder if that increase will be consistent across trim levels?

I’ve been thinking about downgrading to a two door base, so I wonder if I will be able to apply my full price protection savings from the more expensive trim I currently have ordered on a base model?

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mach E prices increased about $600. This seems relatively similar. Oh well.
True, but keep in mind that BD / BL will have an increase in price with a downgrade in features. The Mod bumper which people wanted with their BD/BL will now cost them extra. Now if Ford offers a free upgrade to mod then I would say this is as good as it can get but having to pay increased option pricing, cost of bumper upgrade... sucks when it's Ford's mistakes that have put people in this situation.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone should have switched to a Badlands/Wildtrak even if you didn't want one. Kind of like the Mod top credit from earlier this year. Also sounds like there's nothing to compensate for the capable vs modular bumper difference on Badlands/Black Diamond. I'm sure people will be upset once the full details come out.

Posted by @DealerInsider

Announcement:

8D51DD8A-9CCE-498B-83B0-683394D12B72.jpeg
So Ford is anticipating MY 21 orders being pushed to MY 23....What happens with the MY22 orders? They become MY24?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I won't be surprised if Ford decides to raise the price of the SAS along with mid/high/lux since they have such a large take rate. I expect SAS to go up at least $1000. (hope not) but I mean, if I ran Ford, I damn sure would.
and if I got no price protection on something like Sasquatch that I already ordered I would be out and Ford could keep Bronco. They can only squeeze so much before folks just dump it.
Sponsored