Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if my '21 WT order had the Mod bumper i wouldn't get the added charge, plus i'd get a certificate to cover the cost of the price increase from MY21 to MY22?
Don't think we have enough information to answer this yet. We don't know if the WT certificate covers the price difference between modular and capable bumper in addition to the basic MSRP difference in the trim. It should (unless Ford alters the modular bumper, in which case all bets are off).
Sponsored

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope. I think people are reading it incorrectly. People recieve the price increase credit for the model they ordered or reserved. That credit can be applied to any trim even if it changed from a BL to BD.
If that's true, great.. I hope you're right.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We’re talking about different things dude.
I’m talking about deliver being pushed to 2023. See picture👀
8E06F7AE-BC06-470E-840D-D03C9084EC77.jpeg
I don’t think we are. It was known that some reservations prior to March would be delayed to MY23 because of the mod top or dual tops. Their orders are being pushed from MY21 to MY22 and they will be pushed again to MY23 around this time next year.

Of course they would address the fact that some customers will have price protection into the following year. That was already known. Nothing about their message insinuated anything beyond that. You’re just assigning meaning based on your own assumptions.

azm

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everyone should have switched to a Badlands/Wildtrak even if you didn't want one. Kind of like the Mod top credit from earlier this year.
Can someone help me better understand this? What does it mean for someone who placed a basesquach order in May? Should I have know to place an order for a higher trim somehow? Anything to do at this point?

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
MY 21:
Free headliner ( MIC )
Free MIC wash & wiring rough-in ( SoftTop )
Extra 20k Ford Pass
Extra 200k Ford Pass
Dealer Cash to disburse

All MY22 carryovers ?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both Ford and my salesman told me it will automatically switch over to a '22, I'm still going to check. But regardless I have it how I want and I can just again shoot a text to my guy and say same build for the '22 order. But saying I'm dumb for altering my '21 order even a couple of weeks ago, doesn't really look that way. 🤷‍♂️
If your order was open the entire time it's fine but I think it silly to alter an order that's 99. Multiple dealers here stated we would have to reorder. Maybe some transparency on that would have been nice. Either way I will be out whatever the difference is between my trims voucher and what I plan on getting. One would assume it's no more than a couple hundred bucks unless BD carries no pricing increase into 2022(lol) then it's $825 as per email memo for the increase between 2021 and 2022 Badlands.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just realized this is a Friday before a holiday...we've seen worse news drops on these kinds of Fridays.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone help me better understand this? What does it mean for someone who placed a basesquach order in May? Should I have know to place an order for a higher trim somehow? Anything to do at this point?
OP was making an assumption that the highest trims will carry the higher price increase in 2022. This may not be the case or all trims could carry the same increase across the board and since you can use voucher between different trims it would be a complete wash.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t think we are. It was known that some reservations prior to March would be delayed to MY23 because of the mod top or dual tops. Their orders are being pushed from MY21 to MY22 and they will be pushed again to MY23 around this time next year.

Of course they would address the fact that some customers will have price protection into the following year. That was already known. Nothing about their message insinuated anything beyond that. You’re just assigning meaning based on your own assumptions.
You are hilarious. You should stop making assumptions on assumptions.

Sponsored

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Technically you are right, its only a credit for the difference in MSRP of the particular Bronco you ordered for the 2021 MY. It doesn't protect you from ADM any more than it protects you from the dealer deciding to, say, double the prices on its service/maintenance schedule for you. But if you had a firm agreement with your dealer to buy a vehicle at a price certain or at "prevailing MSRP" at the time of order fulfillment, then Ford's price protection program doesn't automatically negate that contract either. There might be a force majeure clause in there that says the dealer doesn't have to perform if Ford doesn't supply the subject vehicle (I just don't know but I'd be surprised if these agreements don't have some kind of out like that for the dealer), but here, since Ford is saying it will supply a vehicle in substitution for the one ordered, it strains credulity to think that the dealer can get a court to enforce its complete abrogation of the contract. So I think in practice this will function pretty close to price protection, but of course there will always be some who will be tempted to see how far they can stretch things.
To be clear, I’m not arguing, I’m trying to make sense of the limited information we get, but:

1. Ford is not supplying a substitute (to the dealer). They’re givingus a voucher for the difference (to the customer).

2. The fact that they aren’t rolling our orders over means that the 2021 agreement gets cancelled, and we have to negotiate new 2022 ones (with the coupon we get)

Again, could be wrong, and I agree a majority of dealers won’t take advantage.

but, if I change trims, add sas, etc - that’s now a whole new negotiation to my 2021 deal.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all trims could carry the same increase across the board
If that was the case, they wouldn't need to put a chart on page 2.

Not a huge deal if the maximum cost of losing full PP by switching trims is a few hundred bucks, but by that same logic it also wouldn't have been a huge deal for Ford to maintain full PP for those people. Cheap way to keep long-waiting people happy.

JRS993

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is most if not all people who get pushed all the way to '23 are people holding out for painted tops.
I was originally a Badlands, SAS, Lux with Mod Painted Top, but once the delay to late '22 or '23 was announced, I switched to the soft top. Phew, glad I did, my 9/13 production was switched to 10/11 so I'm getting very close.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What I retained was customers will be pushed to 2023. Here's my surprised face...