Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger told me today that their allocation is being hit pretty hard for MY22. I'm a week one reservation and will be lucky if my Bronco is built in 2022.
Granger told me the same. Ford said it would go by reservation date and that no stock would happen before reservations are filled, but admitted to allocation. They said an email will be going out and that customers will be allowed to change dealers without losing their reservation time stamp.

screwing Granger HARD
Sponsored

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm go glad I pushed my loaded badlands order to MY23 to get what I really wanted (painted white top). Bugs out, same price plus potential improvements. I bought a Raptor as a bridge car which has worked out great. The value actually went up!

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I always figured Price protection was for what you had already on order. ...
That's what my letter from Ford said. "The price you'll pay for THE SAME TRIM AND MODEL will be the same..." or such. Not going to go look for the actual quote. I'm sure after 15 pages (that I am not about to read) someone mentioned that. Ford is doing exactly what they said. And even for someone that just orders from scratch with no guarantees....why complain over a few hundred dollars increase on a $45,000 vehicle? Silly to...

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like @Compta38 can rest easy. BD and BL get the same dollar amount voucher.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It would shock me and I'll offer you the same wager. Ford will want to keep the entry price low and the take rate on Base Broncos is quite low, so keeping it low won't cost them much. Also, look at the price jumps from trim to trim. Can't imagine why they'd narrow the gap between Base an BB.
Well sir you were correct

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why is anyone shocked that they are announcing how credits will work for orders delayed into MY23. We've known since the spring that certain configurations would be delayed and price matched into MY23. There's literally nothing in this communication that suggests they won't even catch up on all buildable reservations through 3/19/21.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is anyone shocked that they are announcing how credits will work for orders delayed into MY23. We've known since the spring that certain configurations would be delayed and price matched into MY23.
I think it's the "get pushed to MY23" language.

Also we don't know when MY23 begins. If it starts at a more traditional time rather than December, it's not ridiculous to expect some 2020 MIC order holders to get the "push".

BadSquatch22

Badlands
First Name
Catalin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Granger told me the same. Ford said it would go by reservation date and that no stock would happen before reservations are filled, but admitted to allocation. They said an email will be going out and that customers will be allowed to change dealers without losing their reservation time stamp.

screwing Granger HARD
That is so disappointing to hear.. I am number 1,000 or so in the Granger line with a January 2021 reservation. I ordered in February 2021 and will most likely not get my car before 2023… I’m getting ready to tap out..

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2. The fact that they aren’t rolling our orders over means that the 2021 agreement gets cancelled, and we have to negotiate new 2022 ones (with the coupon we get)
Arguing is fine (at least with me). That's how you learn new things.

This point is where I think we differ. When you say that this "means that the 2021 agreement gets cancelled," is there a specific provision of the contract you are referring to that gives the dealer the right to cancel? I didn't see such a thing in my agreement so I was wondering.

My understanding of these types of situations (agreements between consumers and businesses, as opposed to B2B contracts) is that businesses are usually not allowed to insert "gotchas" like this into agreements and then rely on them to pull the rug out from under the customer. So even if there is a clause that says "Dealer may terminate this agreement if the very particular vehicle described in this agreement is no longer made available by FoMoCo" or the like, they can't get away with cancelling and then offering a close substitute 5 seconds later at twice the price. They would almost certainly be required to act commercially reasonably to get the closest possible substitute to the customer at the closest possible price.

Sponsored

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

screwing Granger HARD
So now Granger customers get the "Suggestion" you need to go to a "Regular" dealer and get your Bronco in a more timely manner.
I've had a concern since early summer the allocation system would end up being used to punish customers of Granger and other "Irregular" dealers. Now go hat in hand and plead for MSRP and no ADM with a dealer with a big allocation. And just how does a normal person even figure that out.
Besides, since we have allocations, Granger customers would theoretically be knocking current, later, order holders over to 2023 when they move.
@Ford Motor Company. This is a very unsettling change. Ford needs to be very clear (for once) in laying out exactly how allocations will be done so those of us who already where looking at Fall 2022 can begin choking down Fall of 2023 unless we "UNWILLINGLY" change dealers.
@Zach@Granger

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm an October special. I knew it would be a wait but never thought it take more than 2 years, which is a real possibility now.
I'm an October special also. Some other members are referencing personal conversations with Granger employees about there allocations being insufficient to cover orders from 2020. One specific example was from a July order that would be pushed to 2023. And I'm not talking about MOD top folks. I need some real information on this situation. Not sure Summer-Fall of 2023 makes any sense.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it's the "get pushed to MY23" language.

Also we don't know when MY23 begins. If it starts at a more traditional time rather than December, it's not ridiculous to expect some 2020 MIC order holders to get the "push".
Starting to sound pretty ridiculous to me knowing identical trucks ordered 6 - 12 months AFTER myself and many others will be driving around nearly a year before we will.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Putting aside the whole issue of whether Ford should "punish" dealers like Granger, the main effect is to punish the customers who bought there, simply for wanting a good deal from a dealer they trust. The inner workings of Ford's business model shouldn't be the customer's problem to worry about. When it becomes the customer's problem, that hurts the Ford brand.

Also setting up any situation that incentives people to switch dealers for MY22 means that some of us might get knocked back a few places in line as early timestamp folks move from the discount shops to our dealerships. We are already getting knocked back by the early res 99s coming off hold. Not really something I'm whining about (people who reserved before me should get their Broncos before me), just an observation.

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also implies that reservations prior to March can / could / will get pushed out another full year to ‘23!!!!
I think it means, hold on.. you want a 2023, you will get and even better price protection, if it has went up 800 this year, it will do the same next for a total of 1600"possibly" for the ones who have to wait for 2023 to get the painted tops... so in 2023 you. An get a Bronco at July 13th 2020 prices... what's wrong with that???😊
Sponsored