Sponsored

2022 Bronco Pros and Cons Review: The Bad-Ass Is Back [Motor Trend SUV of the Year Award Competition]

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thats very common. First drive reviews normally heap nothing but praise but once a vehicle gets compared to others that's when they point out what they don't like

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has had problems and really so does every other manufacturer out there. Its a new design and will get improvements as they go. The MIC top has been a disaster and the occasional issues pop up. Ride quality compared to luxury SUV's I'm sure is poor on the pavement and blows them away off road. From the feedback of owners, they mostly seem to love their Broncos!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most reviews are like opinions and like a certain body part everyone has one. Some look better than others and you choose what you like while disregarding the rest ;)

Sponsored

gjproducer

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no proof with this article specifically, but it’s very common for companies to pay for good/bad reviews.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Allow me to remind you all that FCA/Stellantis are in bed with motortrend. I don't even bother with motortrend anymore. That's not all but the people who work for them have been quite disrespectful to me for simply challenging their opinions and calling them out on their straight up misinformation.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone help me out because I'm not sure what an SUV is anymore. Most in the category are lifted station wagons or lifted hatch backs. Most are not body on frame vehicles. My 1991 Explorer Sport to me was an SUV. Built more like a truck that could hold people and cargo. The older Broncos, Blazers and Ram chrgers were the same. Wasn't the S 10 Blazer and original Durango similar to a truck? I don't think you can add lifted luxury vehicles to the class and then compare them. Like was said above road manners and luxury shouldn't supercede offroad capability for an SUV. Lifted luxury wagon with AWD in the same category? No.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“It's just not ready for mainstream consumers yet”. That’s some crack head level nonsense right there. I’ve spent several hours and miles of on road and off road seat time in a 4 door Badlands and other trims. Zero complaints. Clearly some next level bias here.

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had my 2 door WT for 2 weeks today and I’m loving it! Positives faaaaaaar outweigh the negatives. I’d do everything all over again to have this Bronco.

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Pros and Cons Review: The Bad-Ass Is Back [Motor Trend SUV of the Year Award Competition] EFDCE1B0-3905-4317-85C8-1C3D1FEB8323
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Pros and Cons Review: The Bad-Ass Is Back [Motor Trend SUV of the Year Award Competition] 6AB507F2-8087-4FAB-AEBA-1078FCAA6958

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To clarify I believe the editor said it was the best MANUAL he has ever driven in a 4x4 - not the best manual SUV he has ever driven.
I do think they hit the nail on the head (yet missed the whole point of the Bronco) when they said the Bronco didn’t feel ready for the masses - it’s not intended for the masses. It is an off-road speciality vehicle.
It was 100% ment for the masses, that is why IFS because ford new a majority would only be on the street. If it was ment for an off-road specialty it would have been SFA. I have been in one. I like them but you cannot deny how cheap the interior feels. Top that with the terrible launch with shipped quality issues they have a point. I think the refresh is going to be a very great truck and will take the award for sure but it has a way to go. That grab handle on the center console blew me away. it is screwed to a pop on plastic console. From the images it look like the ones on the Corvette and had some awesome styling. In the truck it felt peel and stick on from Checker auto.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looking at the SUVs MT is comparing for 'SUV of the year' I could see the Bronco being one of the worst on-road rides among that group. They weren't just comparing versus a wrangler, but I peeped a porsche taycan, among a host of crossovers and premium brand land yachts
Sponsored

Last edited: