First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 4-door 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey guys and gals, went out for dinner, got back in the vehicle and the radio made no sound. Went to Ford Sync app and “sound” button is greyed out. Reset the whole deal to factory and had my iPhone “forget” the Bronco. Re-paired phone to Bronco, then music came on, dashboard volume control did nothing, then figured out that the steering wheel volume was working but with a great deal of latency. Turned it all off, powered up again, then Spotify came on full volume which couldn’t be controlled via either steering wheel or dash volume control. Even shut the vehicle down and audio was still blasting full volume.

I have had an external amp and subwoofer installed in case that matters. But I suspect the Ford radio unit because it seems like a software issue.

Has anyone had anything like this occur? What’s my next move?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey guys and gals, went out for dinner, got back in the vehicle and the radio made no sound. Went to Ford Sync app and “sound” button is greyed out. Reset the whole deal to factory and had my iPhone “forget” the Bronco. Re-paired phone to Bronco, then music came on, dashboard volume control did nothing, then figured out that the steering wheel volume was working but with a great deal of latency. Turned it all off, powered up again, then Spotify came on full volume which couldn’t be controlled via either steering wheel or dash volume control. Even shut the vehicle down and audio was still blasting full volume.

I have had an external amp and subwoofer installed in case that matters. But I suspect the Ford radio unit because it seems like a software issue.

Thanks in advance!
Hey there. Can you send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look at your Bronco's radio issues.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks in advance!
I had some weird issues last week on a road trip. Once, I was using Spotify on carplay and i lost sound. I skipped a few songs and the sound came back but dropped again after about 10 seconds. The song continued to play with no sound.

Second issue was I lost sound on the entire left side of the vehicle. When adjusting the balance to the left there was no sound.

In both instances I had to turn of the vehicle and turn it back on. There was another post on here today about someone else having sound issues and thinking it my be an apple update.

OP
OP

Murgatroyd

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 4-door 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had some weird issues last week on a road trip. Once, I was using Spotify on carplay and i lost sound. I skipped a few songs and the sound came back but dropped again after about 10 seconds. The song continued to play with no sound.

Second issue was I lost sound on the entire left side of the vehicle. When adjusting the balance to the left there was no sound.

In both instances I had to turn of the vehicle and turn it back on. There was another post on here today about someone else having sound issues and thinking it my be an apple update.
I have lost left channel audio a few times. Tidal. iPhone restart always fixes it.
Sponsored