Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That is not for a mud flap, it is removable so after multiple rock damage, it can be replaced. The Raptor already has mud flaps. The part you are looking at is on the upper side of the fender, not below where the mud flaps are.
I hear ya. It would be nice if someone came out with aftermarket flares for the Bronco with integrated mudflaps. Something that blended nicer to the body lines while still offering protection from rocks.
Sponsored

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I made it to the auto show yesterday, and let me say, this thing blew me away.

The thing is massive in its presence. Color (code orange) was awesome. Its definitely a darkk orange but with a nice red hue. I personally loved it.

For the flares, let me just say I was always a hater of them (even though I have a Raptor on order). I said from the get go that I'd paint them nearly immediately. When I saw it in person it honestly was way better in person. They did not seem to massive, and the black plastic was definitely higher quality. It was not like the MIC top or any of the grainy textures we typically see. It had a slight sparkle in it and it was very thick and seemed high quality and good to the touch. I also must note that this type of material will also definitely be better to paint as it is smooth.

Asides from that, the one thing that kept sticking out to me was that the Raptor definitely was getting the most attention at all of the auto show. There were 2 other broncos on the floor, with nearly everyone flocked by the Raptor.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I made it to the auto show yesterday, and let me say, this thing blew me away.

The thing is massive in its presence. Color (code orange) was awesome. Its definitely a darkk orange but with a nice red hue. I personally loved it.

For the flares, let me just say I was always a hater of them (even though I have a Raptor on order). I said from the get go that I'd paint them nearly immediately. When I saw it in person it honestly was way better in person. They did not seem to massive, and the black plastic was definitely higher quality. It was not like the MIC top or any of the grainy textures we typically see. It had a slight sparkle in it and it was very thick and seemed high quality and good to the touch. I also must note that this type of material will also definitely be better to paint as it is smooth.

Asides from that, the one thing that kept sticking out to me was that the Raptor definitely was getting the most attention at all of the auto show. There were 2 other broncos on the floor, with nearly everyone flocked by the Raptor.
Going Thursday, were you able to sit in it?

JustmeGee

Outer Banks
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I was there Friday and your so right this beast looks amazing in person
One of those things where pictures cant do it justice it has to be seen in person.

JustmeGee

Outer Banks
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If someone gets close enough, I’d be interested in knowing how high that step is off the floor, and also how high the bottom of the hitch receiver opening is off the floor.
I was at the show yesterday, it's 20" to the step, also loved seeing it in person, completely different perspective. Code orange is in fact very orange...and not in a bad way. The Raptor is MASSIVE and taking that into consideration, the flares are fitting - doesn't mean I love them, but they belong and make sense. Yes they are letting you sit in it, people had their kids crawling and climbing all over it - ridiculous. Aside from the Bronco Raptor there were a few nice vettes didn't really get wowed by anything grand Cherokee E looked cool.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

StylinEx

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just saw this at New York Auto show. Looks amazing. Dashboard was a little loose I noticed though. Not too solidly put together. By the arm if you wiggle a little it will wiggle.

4EA1D029-E10D-4BFF-B5D4-BA128EBC19FF.jpeg

365781D6-FC06-4E92-A3F2-58451E86BD0F.jpeg

48F463EA-1A25-492D-8B1A-A50673685B59.jpeg

2D356BC4-D1D1-4311-9838-8088BAC65CD6.jpeg

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just saw this at New York Auto show. Looks amazing. Dashboard was a little loose I noticed though. Not too solidly put together. By the arm if you wiggle a little it will wiggle.

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor (Code Orange) @ 2022 NY Auto Show 2D356BC4-D1D1-4311-9838-8088BAC65CD6

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor (Code Orange) @ 2022 NY Auto Show 2D356BC4-D1D1-4311-9838-8088BAC65CD6

Damn it looks like a ghost town in there, what time did you go? Who's phone is that?

StylinEx

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Damn it looks like a ghost town in there, what time did you go? Who's phone is that?
Most European car manufacturers did not show up this year and they didn’t either at the LA Auto show. You wonder if they were overcharging at the convention center or if sales have really been that bad that they had to cut back on costs. Maybe wanting to follow Tesla now by not exhibiting at car shows and moving to online to save money. Car shows are slowly changing these days. Definitely not like before.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Most European car manufacturers did not show up this year and they didn’t either at the LA Auto show. You wonder if they were overcharging at the convention center or if sales have really been that bad that they had to cut back on costs. Maybe wanting to follow Tesla now by not exhibiting at car shows and moving to online to save money. Car shows are slowly changing these days. Definitely not like before.
LOL!!!! I meant it looks empty by your pictures. Most pictures I see seem to have people all over. I'm going to tomorrow at opening and hope to get some time with it without people climbing all over it.

Eddienass

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
here comes the "oMg i JuST HaTE tHOsE FlaREs" "fLaREs RuiNeD iT" "fOrd JuSt LoST aNoTHeR cUstOmeR" "wHY wOuLD FoRd Do THis" "wHAt ColOr rEd iS THat?"
Don’t forget about, “Needs a v8”.
Sponsored