Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EXPLORER has this, 3.0L EcoBoost® turbocharged V6 engine. With the Platinum trim, this engine produces 365 horsepower and 380 lb-ft of torque. If you select the ST trim, twin turbos will enhance the performance of this engine by improving its specs to 400 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque.

May not sound like a Coyote V8.... but it's got some balls.
For 2022 all 3.0L explorers make 400HP
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we think the Bronco Raptor might be made in the same plant as the Gen3 Raptor? I understand the issue with different frames but what if the frame is the same as a F150 and just with Bronco styling? Would explain why the BR has such a big booty. Also with many crossover components in the suspension would make more sense logistically to make it in the same place.

Edit: Also it has been theorized that all the paint colors were full so how would they paint Code Orange on a normal Bronco line?
All raptors are built at Dearborn Assembly instead of Kansas City. I doubt they would build it at a different plant though.

Code Orange would take the spot of Lightning Blue.

OP
OP
monkeysdad

monkeysdad

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As much as I want to see a Heritage this year, I want it to be showcased with a White Modular Hardtop. I hope Ford doesn’t rush this special edition out the door like the did with the FE.
I see nothing that shows a Heritage edition. I looked over a few of the body codes and did not see that as an option. It may be one that comes out at a later date.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
NO NO ... it is on a bronco frame and will be built at MAP

Do we think the Bronco Raptor might be made in the same plant as the Gen3 Raptor? I understand the issue with different frames but what if the frame is the same as a F150 and just with Bronco styling? Would explain why the BR has such a big booty. Also with many crossover components in the suspension would make more sense logistically to make it in the same place.

Edit: Also it has been theorized that all the paint colors were full so how would they paint Code Orange on a normal Bronco line?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IDK, if Jeep can put one in the Wrangler, you'd think Ford could put one in the Bronco, I just don't think it'll be anytime soon.
Yeah, but Jeep did it as kind of a last hurrah before the larger V8s get legislated out of existence. You already can't get the 392 in a half ton Ram anymore. The current Challenger and Charger are a few years from going hybrid/electric. Emissions requirements are clamping down progressively each year. It's getting increasingly more difficult to add or even keep V8s and still meet fleet requirements. Adding one to the Bronco has next to zero chance of ever happening. It's not because we don't want it.

Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another new trim level I found for 4 Door Advanced only is an Everglades. Only has a few colors available with it. Its a 922A order code but no content information. CONCEPS is no longer used for retail/stock ordering so information is limited, but it gives all of us something to look forward to or drive us insane!

What colors showed listed with the Everglades trim?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.apollo-optics.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak | 2021 GT500 | 2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a Code Orange GEN3 Raptor being built in 2 weeks. And I guess the "Warthog" name did not make the cut as "Raptor" is in the Ford ordering system.

1631634552904.png
When talking to my dealer last week, he said that from what he was hearing there was going to be a Raptor trim and a Warthog trim. He wasn't sure if the Warthog was going to be something simple like a First Edition Bronco or the Special Edition Raptor (Gen 1 2014 MY only). I theorized it may be similar to the Tremor trim on the F-150 and Super Duty. Perhaps Warthog has been subbed for Everglades? Hard to say at this point.

NO NO ... it is on a bronco frame and will be built at MAP
Due to the widths of the Raptor, it can only be built in Dearborn. I wonder what the width of this Bronco Raptor will end up being. It looks fairly wide based on all the leaked photos we've seen. I wonder if it can fit down any of the other assembly lines.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wonder how many of the Bronco Raptors they will actually be able to make? I am guessing very few.

CAFE standards are fairly strict in terms of your actual built fleet fuel economy standards. Ford needs to deliver a LOT of Mach-E's to offset the carbon output from these Broncos and Raptors before the insanely strict fines start being levied (or they buy more of Teslas carbon credits).

And you can be sure they are going to be delivering absolutely every Bronco they can in MY22, but the extra-poor-fuel-economy models might be constrained by CAFE regs more so than commodities.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think it will be weird for Dearborn to build the Warthog as it will require 2 different frames to come down the line (f150 and Bronco)

When talking to my dealer last week, he said that from what he was hearing there was going to be a Raptor trim and a Warthog trim. He wasn't sure if the Warthog was going to be something simple like a First Edition Bronco or the Special Edition Raptor (Gen 1 2014 MY only). I theorized it may be similar to the Tremor trim on the F-150 and Super Duty. Perhaps Warthog has been subbed for Everglades? Hard to say at this point.

Due to the widths of the Raptor, it can only be built in Dearborn. I wonder what the width of this Bronco Raptor will end up being. It looks fairly wide based on all the leaked photos we've seen. I wonder if it can fit down any of the other assembly lines.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.