Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford will also probably sell a ton of the new Maverick, which is a hybrid.
They already announced that dealership inventory and first orders will be FWD, non-hybrid only, and that at least for MY22, hybrids won't be an inventory item. So this is a non-factor.

You can't build what you can't build.

Perhaps the most telling thing said to date about the Maverick is:

"My internal sources at Ford are telling me that the Maverick failed “pretty much every audit you can imagine, from fit-and-finish to FCPA”. The race to build a $19,995 truck meant that any number of “nice-to-haves” were left by the wayside. There was never any question of manufacturing it in the USA; at this price you get Hermosillo Assembly. But “the Fiesta was assembled there, and it wasn’t a piece of shit, like this is.”

https://jackbaruth.com/?p=21232
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LOL!

Granger is selling them at sticker.
Ya, well Moon Twp Ford is going to let you order at MSRP and then charge a 20% ADM... Just because... Reasons... LOL.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The power curve on the Coyote is awful for a heavy, off-road rig. You don't even really get into the torque below 3k. You'd have to gear the piss out of it to keep the revs up, so yeah, that particular V8 could absolutely get worse gas mileage than a little turbo. Now, a smaller displacement version of the Godzilla would make some sense...🤔
Whipple all the things!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A V8 isn't happening so you may as well temper those expectations now :ROFLMAO::LOL:
You forgot yet.... not happening yet....
They said the same thing about the current raptor and boom, raptor R with a V8.

GK6G

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '16 Merc Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess it could happen there’s been a steady flow of camo, large fender flares and 37s in my neighborhood. I live in the popular altitude testing grounds in Colorado ~ 10k feet MSL.
I tried to get a closer look but a feisty 12 year old in a security polo started heading my way.

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Discovered in Ordering System – Reveals Body Code, 4-Door, Levels, Code Orange & Desert Sand Colors, Everglades Trim ACD8EBA7-3A69-4E88-8669-2E60269EEEF0
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Discovered in Ordering System – Reveals Body Code, 4-Door, Levels, Code Orange & Desert Sand Colors, Everglades Trim 8192A851-C4A9-4CA2-8207-79372D0B2E59
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Discovered in Ordering System – Reveals Body Code, 4-Door, Levels, Code Orange & Desert Sand Colors, Everglades Trim 548A3F3F-39F4-47EB-959B-CF4A3C2A0197

Sponsored

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You forgot yet.... not happening yet....
They said the same thing about the current raptor and boom, raptor R with a V8.
The Raptor R is going to use the GT500's V8. I can all but guarantee that you'll never see that in a Bronco and there are plenty of turbo engines available in Ford's lineup to provide the hp and torque.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ya'll act like the Raptor R is going to be readily available. There is going to be an insanely small number of them produced. Its just a checkbox so people can say the Raptor is available in a V8.

Last edited:

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a Code Orange GEN3 Raptor being built in 2 weeks. And I guess the "Warthog" name did not make the cut as "Raptor" is in the Ford ordering system.

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Discovered in Ordering System – Reveals Body Code, 4-Door, Levels, Code Orange & Desert Sand Colors, Everglades Trim 548A3F3F-39F4-47EB-959B-CF4A3C2A0197
I would have thought this would be Code Orange. I mean, it makes just as much sense as Cyber Orange.

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Discovered in Ordering System – Reveals Body Code, 4-Door, Levels, Code Orange & Desert Sand Colors, Everglades Trim azb2789-1565885624150@2x

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whipple all the things!
Despite the finicky nature of the twin screw, I love them!

Configured as a blow through setup they are next level obnoxious (which is why nearly no one has ever bothered to do this - I have). If you want a car that sounds like a fire engine, an unthrottled twin screw is just the setup. The blow through twin screw will also make short work of intercoolers, splitting the end tanks with ease at high RPM as soon as you close the throttle.

anniemoose98

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW X1 X28I
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After reading Zach's thread on the ordering process and using WBDO I took a look at the old CONCEPS ordering system and found a new body code: E5J. This code did not exist for the 21MY.

After looking through the Model Year 2022 Bronco Raptor is coming around. Two different levels a base Raptor 373A and a higher package that includes lux in a 374A. Also see the new colors in Erupution Green, Hot Pepper Red and Code Orange. Really exciting stuff and will continue to see if there are other options available and keep everyone posted.

Update:

Another new trim level I found for 4 Door Advanced only is an Everglades. Only has a few colors available with it. Its a 922A order code but no content information. CONCEPS is no longer used for retail/stock ordering so information is limited, but it gives all of us something to look forward to or drive us insane! I checked CONCEPS first because Ford updates the database before WBDO which is the main ordering system for Retail/Stock units.

Update:

Two different trim levels for Raptor. Upper option includes adaptive cruise, heated steering wheel, lux package, wireless charging pad.

Update:

The Code Orange color did only show up for the Bronco Raptor version.

Update:

VINYL (OVERLND) BLACK ONYX INT is what it shows for the interior trim.

Update:

Just found another color option but only available on the Everglades - DESERT SAND

View attachment 172697
Any info on the manual transmission and whether it is available with the 2.7 for 2022? And trim changes for 2022 / whether heated seats and other add-ons will be ala carte?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Naturally, my first hope would be for a v8, but that's not happening. I would also love to see the 3.5 EB in the Bronco, but I can't help think realistically that we will see anything other than the 3.0 EB in the Bronco.

The 3.5 would really be overkill with the amount of power it can generate. When you think about it even the 3.0 is unnecessary, because the 2.7 has a ton of head room as it is.

My big question is which transmission it will have?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Despite the finicky nature of the twin screw, I love them!

Configured as a blow through setup they are next level obnoxious (which is why nearly no one has ever bothered to do this - I have). If you want a car that sounds like a fire engine, an unthrottled twin screw is just the setup. The blow through twin screw will also make short work of intercoolers, splitting the end tanks with ease at high RPM as soon as you close the throttle.
Explain how a Whipple twin screw is a blow through supercharger?

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually under the interior availability they used Warthog in parentheses for a vinyl seat option.

Two different trim levels for Raptor. Upper option includes adaptive cruise, heated steering wheel, lux package, wireless charging pad.
Is it me or does the Code Orange look quite similar to the Chili Pepper Red?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.