Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L eb FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Code Orange employee discussion:

Emp 1: Hey Jack, what do I do with all this left over orange paint that we didn't mix into the Cyber Orange color???? You know it's going to hit our budget if it doesn't get used...

Emp 2: Take half the Chili Pepper Red paint, pour all that orange into it, and call it Code Orange. Why have dark blues and reds when we can take one crappy red color, add some orange, and make a mediocre orange color?

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not surprising since the 392 only comes in 4D; probably has something interesting to due with a wider/longer chassis to omit higher probability of rollovers. We don’t want another Bronco II catastrophe.
[/QUOTE

Bronco II memories....

A couple decades ago we had a Bronco II, and what a POS. Anyhow unbeknownst to me my husband let the kids play in the truck. It was a manual and of course our son released the handbrake and he and his sister went over the curb and started down the hill through giant boulders towards the golf course. Thankfully they hit a big rock and a tree, barely escaping a rollover into a giant hole (as big as the truck). I heard the screams and the crash. They were ok bar a few bruises and a steering wheel shaped mark on my sons face. After that we were inches from divorce court, and quickly got rid of the Bronco after having it winched off the hill. Fun times. Oh the memories... 😛

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Code Orange is a flat color with an artificially glossy clear coat over the top (like Area 51, Cactus Khaki, and Race Red).

Chili Pepper Red is a tinted clearcoat (Tri-coat) and will be an upcharge option which replaces Rapid Red.

They look nothing alike at the macro level, nor will they have the same characteristics of color flop or how they react in different lighting.

Code Orange is just going to be..... Orangyred 100% of the time. High resolution pictures of Code Orange on the F150 can be found at the link provided.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/39059...ith-37-inch-tires-coil-suspension-still-no-v8
Rick, Two questions from a paint philistine: What is meant by "artificially glossy" and what the heck is paint flop?

MrWindowsAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013/2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
damn, Ford... tell us you said "fuck 2 doors" without telling us you said "fuck 2 doors"

like I get it if it's a safety thing, but still 😕 give us Something here. alright I'm done whining
The F150 Raptor was only offered in a 2+2 SuperCab and CrewCab, never a straight 2-Door.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rick, Two questions from a paint philistine: What is meant by "artificially glossy" and what the heck is paint flop?
Artificially glossy: clear coats can be made to enhance the depth of the paint, or durability, or gloss (in some ratio of those). Typically your Germanic clear coats are hard as a coffin nail and not terribly deep or glossy. In this case, the clear used on these styles of paint is fairly soft, has no depth, but the gloss is off the charts. Therefore I use the term "artificially glossy" because to my eyes it looks cheap and fake (like most all ceramic coatings when compared to a quality carnauba wax).

Paint flop: When the color changes it's hue depending on lighting, or it "flops" from one color to another as light hits it differently.

Chameleon paint is an extreme example of this, and across different colors.

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Discovered in Ordering System – Reveals Body Code, 4-Door, Levels, Code Orange & Desert Sand Colors, Everglades Trim Pearlescent_Toyota_Supra_-_001[1]

Eruption Green "flops" from green to golden yellow by light direction:
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Discovered in Ordering System – Reveals Body Code, 4-Door, Levels, Code Orange & Desert Sand Colors, Everglades Trim Bronco_Eruption Green_14

But it is not always across colors. here is my personal Fleetline which flops drastically to different shades of green.
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Discovered in Ordering System – Reveals Body Code, 4-Door, Levels, Code Orange & Desert Sand Colors, Everglades Trim body painted 5

And then there is a flat color with artificial gloss, zero depth and doesn't do much of anything different in different lighting. Everyone has their own personal preferences for paint and no one style is right or wrong.

I call this "melted crayon" as if you melted a crayon, this would be the outcome of the color. Not terribly exciting to my eyes, yet others love the style and it's ultra-modern and massively popular in places such as Moab where at least 50% of the off road rigs are in these style paints.f
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Discovered in Ordering System – Reveals Body Code, 4-Door, Levels, Code Orange & Desert Sand Colors, Everglades Trim khaki

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Artificially glossy: clear coats can be made to enhance the depth of the paint, or durability, or gloss (in some ratio of those). Typically your Germanic clear coats are hard as a coffin nail and not terribly deep or glossy. In this case, the clear used on these styles of paint is fairly soft, has no depth, but the gloss is off the charts. Therefore I use the term "artificially glossy" because to my eyes it looks cheap and fake (like most all ceramic coatings when compared to a quality carnauba wax).

Paint flop: When the color changes it's hue depending on lighting, or it "flops" from one color to another as light hits it differently.

Chameleon paint is an extreme example of this, and across different colors.

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Discovered in Ordering System – Reveals Body Code, 4-Door, Levels, Code Orange & Desert Sand Colors, Everglades Trim khaki

Eruption Green "flops" from green to golden yellow by light direction:

But it is not always across colors. here is my personal Fleetline which flops drastically to different shades of green.

And then there is a flat color with artificial gloss, zero depth and doesn't do much of anything different in different lighting. Everyone has their own personal preferences for paint and no one style is right or wrong.

I call this "melted crayon" as if you melted a crayon, this would be the outcome of the color. Not terribly exciting to my eyes, yet others love the style and it's ultra-modern and massively popular in places such as Moab where at least 50% of the off road rigs are in these style paints.f
Makes perfect sense on both. Thanks

MrWindowsAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013/2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's a pretty lame excuse given the garbage fuel milage the little turbos get. I seriously doubt a V8 could be worse.
The EcoBoost engines are supposed to only hi their best fuel economy numbers using the recommended Premium Unleaded fuel. Nobody does that!

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So at 2-3 allocations a year it will take a while to get through that list. Sure Warthog will be had at MSRP in a few years, but not in 2022, at most dealerships.
I am on waitlist and will pay sticker. I took others advice and found a dealership that is reputable. I also bought my 2018 Raptor below sticker.

Sponsored

MrWindowsAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013/2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those that say no V8 Raptor just remember that’s what they said about the Wrangler. Then they went and stuffed a 392 Hemi in the thing! :ROFLMAO:
When I worked at Brian Chuchua Jeep in the late '80's we stuffed a 360 in a Wrangler for a 4WDrive magazine spread. It was a beast.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you configure it to be a blow through, it is. I did it with a rather fun miata build nearly two decades ago.
I don't think we have the same definition of a blow through S/C.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Desert sand for Everglades trim. LMAO fkn digital marketing team
Let's not overlook an all black vinyl interior for the Everglades trim. Nothing evokes the Everglades as Desert Sand exterior with an all black interior.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.