Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 18651

It will be revealed about a year from now.

Your pessimism isn’t entertaining — it’s depressing. Ford already has the eco-boost/hybrid powetrain in the F150 Hybrid. Plop that sucker in the Ford Wrangler and you have a 4xe competitor with torque for days.

MY23.. Mark my words and gift your badlands to me when the eco-boost is running in tandem with a 1.5 kWh battery. If you’re right I’ll gift you a delicious cookie.

Deal?
I don’t want a cookie I’m just trying to avoid the spread of misinformation. And seeing as it’s quite literally my job as a powertrain engineer, I’m not being pessimistic.
Sponsored

Timuh60

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe JLU, 2020 Sahara JLU (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t want a cookie I’m just trying to avoid the spread of misinformation. And seeing as it’s quite literally my job as a powertrain engineer, I’m not being pessimistic.
I believe once we have the Raptor out there the Hybrid will be the new thing to discuss and will come sooner rather than later. Ford has already said they are doing a Bronco hybrid, they have a plethora of hybrid choices already in their stable, and there is the "Keeping up with the Joneses" aspect. They have to answer Jeep's 4xe. I think the only thing that could hold that up is the chip shortage. That's my guess on what's holding up the Maverick Hybrid.

I do own a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe and it is a great vehicle. Although, I cant wait till Bronco finally releases theirs as I will be trading up.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For those that say no V8 Raptor just remember that’s what they said about the Wrangler. Then they went and stuffed a 392 Hemi in the thing! :ROFLMAO:
F3526AC5-C436-49AD-886D-B0943AC7AC72.jpeg

Hemi conversions in Wranglers (and now Gladiators) is a popular aftermarket conversion, for those who have spare cash to throw around. Guess the factory decided to go ahead and offer one that way, plus they are putting Hemis in everything.

We'll see how many Bronco V8 conversions will happen, if a Ford V8 motor will even fit. I would think the factory will be watching for that, and also watching for Wrangler 392 sales. Even putting the F150 Raptor 3.5L with 450 HP would be bad ass.

Too bad for me, all the big power stuff would be in a 4 dr, and I only want a 2dr.

Sponsored

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands