Sponsored

2022 Bronco Raptor Rendered with Camo Fully Removed. Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapatio55

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bronco Raptor rendered with Camo removed.
Is it me, or do the fender flares look absolutely atrocious!?

It's like a sea of plastic.

IMPORTANT: Go to time mark 10:52 in the YouTube video to hear what Mitchell Watts thought of the Bronco Raptor after seeing it in real life. He was given exclusive access and said that after seeing it, the fender flares looked terrible!

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 8.17.56 PM.jpeg

Isn't it a legal requirement in 5 states or so to have flares cover the treads? I believe this is actually smart to make them not part of the body given how easy it is to remove them. Then you can run no flares or aftermarket flares if your state allows it.
Sponsored

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport & '08Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just saw this Bronco on Facebook, maybe Ford should have used these fender flares

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Rendered with Camo Fully Removed. Yikes! 7742F811-8658-4928-A059-D895443F1CF7

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Savana
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The flares were a massive mistake. They should have made real wide fenders, or at least medium fenders with some smaller plastic flares. Before when it was still covered in tarps and bags, I was certain they wouldn't make ultra flares, massive plastic wings, BUT THEY DID. They look like chunks of Darth Vaders helmet glued onto the side.

If I were to ever get a Raptor my first mod would ADF 5 inch wide fenders that they recently teased on their Instagram.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The flares were a massive mistake. They should have made real wide fenders, or at least medium fenders with some smaller plastic flares. Before when it was still covered in tarps and bags, I was certain they wouldn't make ultra flares, massive plastic wings, BUT THEY DID. They look like chunks of Darth Vaders helmet glued onto the side.

If I were to ever get a Raptor my first mod would ADF 5 inch wide fenders that they recently teased on their Instagram.
you realize this is just some random persons interpretation of what might be under the camo?

right?

cause if feels like no one in this thread realizes that...

Sponsored
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Savana
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
you realize this is just some random persons interpretation of what might be under the camo?

right?

cause if feels like no one in this thread realizes that...
You realize all they did was COLOR the vinyl wrapping.

Right?

Cause it feels like you don't seem to realize that the shape is the shape.

The image created out of nothing. This is from the video and pictures Ford have released themselves that only has camo vinyl wrapping, no more tarp or plastic bags obscuring the shape of the vehicle. The shape of the Bronco Raptor is locked in. This is it.

All this artist did was color it. If they make it body color it will look marginally better in my opinion.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You realize all they did was COLOR the vinyl wrapping.

Right?

Cause it feels like you don't seem to realize that the shape is the shape.

The image created out of nothing. This is from the video and pictures Ford have released themselves that only has camo vinyl wrapping, no more tarp or plastic bags obscuring the shape of the vehicle. The shape of the Bronco Raptor is locked in. This is it.

All this artist did was color it. If they make it body color it will look marginally better in my opinion.
bet it isnt the shape. Those fenders may not be final production, could just be prototype parts. Or they could be padded to disguise the shape. Other raptors in camo have clearly "fake" fenders, so it would be a bit presumptive to say the other ones are the final design.
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Rendered with Camo Fully Removed. Yikes! 1642294759555

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Savana
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Vehicles don't gets this far into the design and then the reveal process to suddenly do a 180 and completely make new parts. The tooling for manufacturing is locked in. It costs a lot of money and approved design decisions to get to this point. It is over and has been for a while. This is the home stretch of a multi year process.

The prereveal test cars with bags and tarps are supposed to have deceiving shapes. When they get down to just the camo vinyl wrap and get as public as they have they don't care as much anymore.

Endless vehicles have been shown with vinyl wrap and colored the way this render was colored. And those renders have time and time again look 90% of what the vehicle will look like. But the shape and design of the vehicle doesn't suddenly change at this point. All the artist did was add color to the finished design that is obscured with camo wrap.

Sponsored

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I screen shot a incredibly short clip on IG. Took me 37 tries but got this. Looks like the bodyline continues into the buldging quarter then flares up to the buldge line...
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Rendered with Camo Fully Removed. Yikes! Screenshot_20220123-071713_Instagram

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Correct on the $200k. Can't believe anyone really thought that. Seemed like sarcasm to me.

I know 5 very large volume dealers that dont expect more than 4 to 6 raptors and they aren't settling for anything below a 20k markup when they can get that for lesser Broncos.

A dealer is a dip if they give a raptor away at msrp with no more than they will get.
lol whaaaat? Nah, find yourself a better dealer. I have one that is selling at Sticker.

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to know if they will have a surprise under the hood and beefy mechanical support stuff. The flares can be swapped easily 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.