FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What are the chances that the higher end non-Raptor models get the all digital gauge cluster? Seems kind of crappy to not give that upgrade to us Wilktrak and Badlands folks and leave us with the half analog cluster after waiting nearly 2 years.
I think like any automaker- they will find ways to try new things on upgraded models and then hand them down as standard later on. I know my Jeeps were like that, same with the wifeā€™s Rav4s. You basically R&D half as much and the lower models get all hyped when it becomes available. Plus people paying more for the early stuff donā€™t complain as much because they want to show off the new toys. Itā€™s a win win.
Sponsored

gbur

Wildtrak
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak on Order
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think like any automaker- they will find ways to try new things on upgraded models and then hand them down as standard later on. I know my Jeeps were like that, same with the wifeā€™s Rav4s. You basically R&D half as much and the lower models get all hyped when it becomes available. Plus people paying more for the early stuff donā€™t complain as much because they want to show off the new toys. Itā€™s a win win.
But we arenā€™t getting the newer stuff early. Itā€™s been two years. Also, fully digital gauge clusters arenā€™t anything new. This isnā€™t a revolutionary new technology. Itā€™s pretty standard in most new cars these days. I also wouldnā€™t call a nearly $60k Wildtrak a lower model lol.

Reactions: Los

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But we arenā€™t getting the newer stuff early. Itā€™s been two years. Also, fully digital gauge clusters arenā€™t anything new. This isnā€™t a revolutionary new technology. Itā€™s pretty standard in most new cars these days. I also wouldnā€™t call a nearly $60k Wildtrak a lower model lol.
Right, I guess I should say ā€œnewerā€ meaning- the newest possible things go on the most expensive new thing first. Then people want that newer thing on their current thing and come back when itā€™s available on other trims down the road. Keeps the buying cycle going. The Raptor just came out so it will have something no other model has. Then that will flow to other models as an ā€œupgradeā€ in 2023 or 4. By then, people will have posted how they wanted that to begin with and will debate trading in for that next version.

gbur

Wildtrak
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak on Order
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right, I guess I should say ā€œnewerā€ meaning- the newest possible things go on the most expensive new thing first. Then people want that newer thing on their current thing and come back when itā€™s available on other trims down the road. Keeps the buying cycle going. The Raptor just came out so it will have something no other model has. Then that will flow to other models as an ā€œupgradeā€ in 2023 or 4. By then, people will have posted how they wanted that to begin with and will debate trading in for that next version.
Oh yeah. I totally get that on normal car release schedules. But when you have people who reserved their vehicles in 2020 that still dont have them, it feels kind of like a slap in the face. My Bronco in going to be outdated the day I get it.

Reactions: Los

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh yeah. I totally get that on normal car release schedules. But when you have people who reserved their vehicles in 2020 that still dont have them, it feels kind of like a slap in the face. My Bronco in going to be outdated the day I get it.
Thatā€™s the crappy part. Conspiracy Me says that Ford is wondering how many people will drop so that they donā€™t have to keep pushing out older orders. But Iā€™m sure there is a balance in older parts contracts too. Ive never seen such a weird rollout for a vehicle. Youā€™re right- you almost seem like youā€™re getting an outdated vehicle before you get it. But on the same token, they wonā€™t update it significantly (or even with any real changes) until the old orders are done. Catch 22.

Sponsored

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just build the damn trucks already, I didn't need any more coaxing.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Can't wait to get this thing! Looking forward to comparing to our Rubicon diesel currently lifted on 37's and a few of our friends 392's in the dirt. However, my old TJ will probably still see the most hardcore action.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The suspension and travel on these looks legit, dont believe you would be able to swap the front suspension out without major surgery. The upper coil buckets are taller, and the electronics connections would be another hurdle. . Everything is wider of course, but it would be like putting a long travel kit on a standard Bronco.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I love how all the "reviews" are in but none of us have our BRap Thanks Ford you the best
Thatā€™s how all new car rollouts work.
I hear you.
But this is standard fare.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thatā€™s how all new car rollouts work.
I hear you.
But this is standard fare.
Nothing is standard fare right now with broncos beg too differ my guy

Ford has us bent over a barrel

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'd love to be able to swap the existing (poorly designed) cluster for the all-digital version. Curious if the openings in the dash, connections, and software would allow this down the road.
I have a strong suspicion it will be doable because I still think that "high level instrument panel" we were supposed to get w/ lux was going to be this digital cluster until they realized they couldn't have it ready in time.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a strong suspicion it will be doable because I still think that "high level instrument panel" we were supposed to get w/ lux was going to be this digital cluster until they realized they couldn't have it ready in time.
I had a similar thought. Either it wasn't going to be ready, or a bean counter decided it shouldn't be offered on our 'peasant Broncos' as a strategy to sell more Raptors.
Sponsored