First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette Grand Sport, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know I am a new to the site but need to get this out to folks.

I would like to tell you all a little story. I watched the NEW Bronco get announced a couple of years ago and got on the list to get one of these trucks. Fast forward to ordering the vehicle, going and doing the off-rodeo in Moab and experiencing what the vehicle could do. I was thinking to myself this is exciting and can’t wait to get my truck. About one and a half years later we got a 4 door 2022 Bronco Wildtrak.

The wife and I were excited to take it on a trip, so we loaded the car up and went to Durango and Palisades for our birthdays. Was a good trip until we got to Palisades. We went to start the truck and is sputtered and died which was weird. We called the Ford dealership in Grand Junction to see if they could run a diagnostic on it and they told us we can get to in about 2 weeks. The vehicle was still running so we decided to cut our birthday bash short and head home. We get home safely but as soon as we turn off the car it would not start again. Towed it to our local Ford dealership and they took some time to do diagnostic on the vehicle and informed us that the fuel pump module had failed and needed to be replaced. They did the repair, and we got the car back.

Fast forward a month later. We are driving to Costco to get some gas and boom it dies in the Costco parking lot and will not start. We tow it to the closest Ford Dealer. They said they can look at in in about 3 weeks to a month. We have it moved to a dealership closer to home Mike Maroone Ford, within a couple of days they diagnose that the fuel pump module has failed again. We inform them of the last problem, so they dug around and think the issue is the fuel pump but do not know for sure. They recommended we replace the fuel pump and the module this time. They informed us that the fuel pump was on back order, so the vehicle sat in the dealership for a month and a half waiting for the fuel pump. Getting a rental car was another adventure with Ford and the dealership. They eventually got the part, installed it and gave the vehicle back to us. On the way home we decided to go to one of our favorite breweries and celebrate getting the Truck back. We get a beer and drive it home to find the gas tank hanging about 6 inches from the ground. I climb under the vehicle an see that all but two of the bolts holding the tank in was gone. So we towed it back to the dealership and some heated discussions later they fixed this issue.

We got the car back and to test it out we loaded up the truck and headed to Palisades to drink some wine for our anniversary. We get up to the hotel we here staying at and parked and checked in. When we went to move the vehicle, it attempted to start but sputters and dies and will not start again. Again, we load it up on a tow truck and send it to the local Ford dealer. They said it is in line and they are about 30 days out. We are about 200+ miles from home and they cannot look at it for 30 days. We start calling around to see if anyone can help. Not really any help. We call Ford, I was on the phone with Ford for about 4 hours trying to get something done. They said we will transport it to your local dealership for 3500 dollars, I may have cursed a bit at the representative, but we finally got a person to help us and get the car transported to our local dealer.

Currently, the truck now sits at our local dealership, and they said it will be about 5 day for a diagnostic. That is where we are at with this 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak. We have had the vehicle for about 5 months, and it has sat in a Ford dealership for 3 of those 5 months. This has been a very unreliable vehicle; I cannot imagine if we were on the side of a mountain, and it breaks like what has happened with the fuel pump module. Need to vent this to the world and hopefully someone in Ford will go “hmmm” we may have some quality issue. Thanks for reading if you make it this far.
Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I normally do not say this, but lemon law that car.

I really am sorry you have to go through this with a vehicle you excitedly waited for for so long. This is definitely not the norm of others experiences. You just drew the short straw, or had incompetent technicians working on the vehicle (I used to be a tech so I get to say that).

Me personally, had I gone through what you have gone through, I would have a difficult time feeling comfortable in a vehicle with so many problems.

I hope everything gets better/works itself out.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I normally do not say this, but lemon law that car.

I really am sorry you have to go through this with a vehicle you excitedly waited for for so long. This is definitely not the norm of others experiences. You just drew the short straw, or had incompetent technicians working on the vehicle (I used to be a tech so I get to say that).

Me personally, had I gone through what you have gone through, I would have a difficult time feeling comfortable in a vehicle with so many problems.

I hope everything gets better/works itself out.
this, sorry. it happens sometimes.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, Fuck that! I’m sorry to hear of your issues.

I’m two years in this process and still waiting on my 2nd day (useless) reservation. Ford had better step up fast.

@Ford Motor Company
yet again, are you listening and passing on this feedback in an effective manor to corporate?

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
🍋⚖

Sponsored

Tuna Colada

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I would like to tell you all a little story. I watched the NEW Bronco get announced a couple of years ago and got on the list to get one of these trucks. Fast forward to ordering the vehicle, going and doing the off-rodeo in Moab and experiencing what the vehicle could do. I was thinking to myself this is exciting and can’t wait to get my truck. About one and a half years later we got a 4 door 2022 Bronco Wildtrak.

The wife and I were excited to take it on a trip, so we loaded the car up and went to Durango and Palisades for our birthdays. Was a good trip until we got to Palisades. We went to start the truck and is sputtered and died which was weird. We called the Ford dealership in Grand Junction to see if they could run a diagnostic on it and they told us we can get to in about 2 weeks. The vehicle was still running so we decided to cut our birthday bash short and head home. We get home safely but as soon as we turn off the car it would not start again. Towed it to our local Ford dealership and they took some time to do diagnostic on the vehicle and informed us that the fuel pump module had failed and needed to be replaced. They did the repair, and we got the car back.

Fast forward a month later. We are driving to Costco to get some gas and boom it dies in the Costco parking lot and will not start. We tow it to the closest Ford Dealer. They said they can look at in in about 3 weeks to a month. We have it moved to a dealership closer to home Mike Maroone Ford, within a couple of days they diagnose that the fuel pump module has failed again. We inform them of the last problem, so they dug around and think the issue is the fuel pump but do not know for sure. They recommended we replace the fuel pump and the module this time. They informed us that the fuel pump was on back order, so the vehicle sat in the dealership for a month and a half waiting for the fuel pump. Getting a rental car was another adventure with Ford and the dealership. They eventually got the part, installed it and gave the vehicle back to us. On the way home we decided to go to one of our favorite breweries and celebrate getting the Truck back. We get a beer and drive it home to find the gas tank hanging about 6 inches from the ground. I climb under the vehicle an see that all but two of the bolts holding the tank in was gone. So we towed it back to the dealership and some heated discussions later they fixed this issue.

We got the car back and to test it out we loaded up the truck and headed to Palisades to drink some wine for our anniversary. We get up to the hotel we here staying at and parked and checked in. When we went to move the vehicle, it attempted to start but sputters and dies and will not start again. Again, we load it up on a tow truck and send it to the local Ford dealer. They said it is in line and they are about 30 days out. We are about 200+ miles from home and they cannot look at it for 30 days. We start calling around to see if anyone can help. Not really any help. We call Ford, I was on the phone with Ford for about 4 hours trying to get something done. They said we will transport it to your local dealership for 3500 dollars, I may have cursed a bit at the representative, but we finally got a person to help us and get the car transported to our local dealer.

Currently, the truck now sits at our local dealership, and they said it will be about 5 day for a diagnostic. That is where we are at with this 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak. We have had the vehicle for about 5 months, and it has sat in a Ford dealership for 3 of those 5 months. This has been a very unreliable vehicle; I cannot imagine if we were on the side of a mountain, and it breaks like what has happened with the fuel pump module. Need to vent this to the world and hopefully someone in Ford will go “hmmm” we may have some quality issue. Thanks for reading if you make it this far.
That sucks- when are you eligible for Lemon Law?

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like your Bronco hates celebrations and drinking adventures.

Really hard to trust a vehicle with these types of experiences. My wife sure wouldn't. However these issues all seem interrelated. Hopefully once the root cause is sorted out, you will have much better luck.

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check state law, but if you start the lemon process (and you should at least start the process) the mileage on the car the day you file it is what is used to calculate the car value, or what Ford owes you. I had to do it with another car here in GA and I waited losing out on money in my pocket (if it wasn't finally resolved). Just be aware, in my case, as soon as I filed it the dealer stopped returning calls and I had to start working through the manufacturer customer support line to schedule service/repair/etc. In the end it was worth it. I kept the car as it was fixed 99% and received a nice check from the manufacturer to close the lemon case.

Opening a lemon case was pretty easy to do in GA. It also just starts the process and the manufacturer was still required 3 opportunities to fix the issue AFTER the case was opened (so your first 3 cases wouldn't count).

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you got A lemon see if you can do a vehicle buy back and get another one which will be a long wait or just keep taking it to the dealer and hope it gets fixed or option 3 dealer buy back and get a different t vehicle

OP
OP

Starone

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette Grand Sport, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It looks like we may be able but still looking at the options. Thanks all for the support on this and discussion

Sponsored

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man that sucks. like others have said sounds like a lemon. May want to look into a buy back or trade it in for something else. I feel bad and hate hearing things like this but it happens no matter what brand vehicle. Good luck hope it works out for you.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree about the lemon, but really guys, the problem he's having is sort of a known issue and just has to do with bad quality fuel pumps.

I guess what I'm saying is, I would lemon a vehicle that was plagued with different problems over and over or some sort of gremlin in the wiring that can't be traced. But replace the fuel pump and the fuel module, get ford to compensate for something (extended warranty maybe)... And continue to go on But maybe stay close to home for a bit.

I mean realistically, how many times can a single vehicle go through a fuel pump?

Now if you guys think that there's something wrong with the electronics and it's frying the pumps and modules then that's one thing.

I know one guy said that the fuel pump went out and it caused the module to burn up. In the OP first issue sound like the only replaced one part and not both.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

depends on state I think. Some cases it's a specific number of times for the same issue, some it's number of days out of service etc. You should always look into the specific laws in your state.
Sponsored