2022 build date

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F-250, Edge and soon to be Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At the risk of getting lots of hate and death threats;)....let me pose a question.

I made an order at my dealer on 10/13 (tossed 🙈$500.00 into the ford well of forgetfulness to process the order) for 22 OBX / 4dr / 2.7L / SAS / soft top / Lux / Mod Bumper / leather seats / no tow package

I then got the order conformation from ford, then an email Oct 28th giving me a VIN and a build date of 1/3/22 (or 2026 whichever comes first). I find it very hard to believe that ford can push my order ahead of all the 2021 backlogged orders (unless i am missing something), but i wanted to ask you guys for your take on this situation?

Am I crazy or is it possible once i have a VIN and a build date that Ford might actually be doing the build. (straight talk appreciated)
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything’s possible. Your build has some items that are supposed to be constraints right now, but it also depends on your dealer’s allocations. It’s also possible they had one on order for a long time that match your specs and you are benefiting from an owner that’s not taking delivery. It’s also possible they’re gonna slam you with ADM when it shows up.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes they can and have done that. The primary factors are your dealers allocations and avoiding the supply constraints. Your story, while uncommon, happens.

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At the risk of getting lots of hate and death threats;)....let me pose a question.

I made an order at my dealer on 10/13 (tossed 🙈$500.00 into the ford well of forgetfulness to process the order) for 22 OBX / 4dr / 2.7L / SAS / soft top / Lux / Mod Bumper / leather seats / no tow package

I then got the order conformation from ford, then an email Oct 28th giving me a VIN and a build date of 1/3/22 (or 2026 whichever comes first). I find it very hard to believe that ford can push my order ahead of all the 2021 backlogged orders (unless i am missing something), but i wanted to ask you guys for your take on this situation?

Am I crazy or is it possible once i have a VIN and a build date that Ford might actually be doing the build. (straight talk appreciated)
What strikes me as most odd in your post is the fact that you gave your dealer any amount of money. It's unnecessary and if they tell you otherwise, you're being lied to. That said, I know you'll get it back/applied to your new vehicle.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No hate, but this whole process is shit. If I was just shopping for a regular SUV, and not a specialized off road truck, I would have moved a long time ago.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have a VIN, so your Bronco is scheduled for production. The date might slip, but your Bronco will be built ahead of tens thousands with earlier reservations who don't have a VIN.

Soft top was likely the determining factor.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soft top was the key factor as to why your Bronco is being built. MIC tops are going to be the hold up for a while.

EJC

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m noticing people that never reserved a bronco are getting build dates and people like us that reserved back in July 2020 don’t even have a production date yet.

Sponsored

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m noticing people that never reserved a bronco are getting build dates and people like us that reserved back in July 2020 don’t even have a production date yet.
yeah I’m starting to see that a bit too. I was thinking about placing another order at a different dealer just to see if it would get built quicker.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Soft top helps but 99.9% of it is that You won the dealer lottery!! I have a 8/22/20 res soft top order and no vin yet.

OP
OP
Gatlinz

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have a VIN, so your Bronco is scheduled for production. The date might slip, but your Bronco will be built ahead of tens thousands with earlier reservations who don't have a VIN.

Soft top was likely the determining factor.
thanks, good insight

OP
OP
Gatlinz

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

just curious, did you stay with the MIC top?
Sponsored