Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to wait too. I like the look of the painted top especially on a high end build. i also don’t believe the MIC color will match the the other parts as well as some people think. My last new vehicle was a 1998, so delaying gratification is kind of my thing.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was all in, Now, I’m not so sure.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have 2 FE orders. I am getting both with the MIC since I have no choice. At least I will get to drive them a whole year while FORD gets it sorted. Not happy about this, but not much I can do. I originally wanted Shadow Black Mod Top with the front row flip top.

I could move to another trim for one of my orders or push one to see what is available in 2022. Not sure I want to wait any longer.

I probably will just see where we are in 2022 with tops (FORD/aftermarket) and decide what top I want to purchase for my FEs. I may end up dropping one at delivery or selling one of the FEs now.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
By the time i get mine, anyone will probably be able to get any top they want. But the reason i decided not to go with the black top is the same reason i'm not going with a black Bronco. To me at least, it seems like it would show dirt and grime every single day...especially pollen, since we're in that season now. Not a huge fan of looking at that everyday.

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Today, I cried a little - after learning my order, which includes the modular painted hardtop, will be a 2022 model. Now, I'm not entirely sure whether that means an Oct, Nov, Or Spring 2022 order. Who knows. No one knows. Blabla. But, good things come to those that wait...

I wanted to provide my logic for sticking with the build I want and not making any compromises to get something sooner.

I'm sure I'll be roasted for even sharing these ideas, as many will want to defend their rational. And we'll, it's the internet..

Buyers remorse: MIC

Sure, you may get your vehicle sooner - but beware.

-Painting an MIC: don't even bother...I've been told by many shops it will either be prohibitively expensive and/or the results may be crap. Blabla plastidip/Linex - let's be realistic...
-Resale value: talking to a few Jeep dealers, it's rare they sell a Jeep with one. Resell value is generally lower for those that trade in; moreover, once Broncos start flowing into the market with painted tops, your resale value will likely take a hit. Maybe you care, maybe you don't...
-"I'll just buy the painted version" Good luck...such a top will be prohibitively expensive to buy and ship. Not too much it'll likely be some time before you'll be even able to do so. Try calling Jeep and see what they charge for one...

I'm sure for some, they will wheel it and don't want the top painted, for some getting the vehicle sooner is more important. Just wanted to be the devil's advocate, since sometimes instant gratification overules logic. I'll will continue to limp along with my Jeep until such time and be patient. Good things come to those that wait :)

Sponsored

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree with your assessment and rationale, I'm waiting (patiently) for the same reason. Given I'm spending 60K on a vehicle, I want it to be perfect. Also that MIC top to me looks hideous on the color I chose for my Outer Banks model (Cactus Gray). Shadow Black will look sharp especially since the accents are painted black. Also, the long wait will hopefully identify any issues with the vehicle which would/should be corrected by 2022.

alivecchi003

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the same boat as the OP, but I put the savings towards Lux and went with the MIC top on my black BL. I think it’ll still look good. I’m going to use the FordPass money towards a soft top and rock that most of the year anyway. I’m tired of waiting - and as others have mentioned there may be more delays and restrictions on various tops in 22. Give me my Bronco and I’ll get everything else I want aftermarket.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No mod top for 21 has really put a damper on me. I really want that, but not willing to wait until 22 to get it. At this point, we don't know when in 22 it will be available. Ford may not even know. If it were in the beginning of the year, I might be able to hang on. Anxiously waiting to find out where I land with all of the other possible constraints.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yea I have to wait for the MOD on my Badlands Cyber Orange.

I have no I dea of what the MIC will look like in just a few years. Not that I have had one but anyone that has seen the chevy avalanche bed covers know what I'm talking about. They changed colors over the years and look bad.

c623f356d6412c444f0e7d7a8d14269b.jpg

watermark.jpg
watermark.jpg
watermark.jpg
watermark.jpg
mqdefault.jpg

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welp, looks like we’re all screwed yall.

does anyone think an aftermarket company will try making a paintable Mod Top?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Welp, looks like we’re all screwed yall.

does anyone think an aftermarket company will try making a paintable Mod Top?
Any company capable of doing this has probably already been talked to by Ford. I'm betting the reason tops won't be available until 23 is Ford has already found such a company and you won't see Webasto making them.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t wait another year and a half. I think it’s time to change my order to the soft top, Maybe I will get a MOD top later. I was fine with waiting till 2022 but if I change I want it ASAP, like September 2nd. Not getting the prep kit would be a mistake.

OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm super choked by this whole thing. I can't wait until 2023. I'm a day two reso. I'm thinking I may just get an MIC, drive it for a year, trade it in when the Warthog and painted tops are ready.

I've also considered the Defender.....

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This aged well lol.... but anyways, I've compromised on getting the MIC instead of the MOD top. It's either ordering the MOD top separately or trading in the Bronco around the same time.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh… I wonder if the dealer will return my $1,500 and keep my order so I can at least invest that.
Sponsored