First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was told my reservation would more than likely be converted to a 2022 bronco instead of a 2021 due to time stamp. Has anyone been told by their dealership if they convert to a 2022 before March 19 they’ll have a better chance at getting ahead of the list? For the 2022?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From what I read, your “spot in line” from your original reservation is saved for the 2022s . Therefor, whoever is left after all of the 2021 reservations have been built, will get their 2022 Broncos in order of reservations left. Make sense?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are two competing theories; one that the first quarter builds for 2022 will be set up for 'leftover' 2021 people first and if you deferred to MY2022, you are locked out of that first quarter build, but your reservation time stamp would be back in effect the second quarter. The second theory is everyone gets out of line regardless of if they tried to get a 2021 or not, and lines up in reservation time stamp order in the first quarter of MY 2022.

Ford has not, to my knowledge, been clear on that at all, nor have they stated that they won't be making dealer stock in 2022 before completing the converted reservations.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It depends on multiple factors. Example with my dealership I should be allocation 1 or 2 in line for 2021 (eliminating build specs) but for 2022 I would be 3rd. 2 people ahead of me opted to go with a 2022 instead of 2021.

Look at the many allocation threads on here to better understand allocation and what it means. Allocations are why your dealer is probably saying 2022. But could be because it is after the allocation calculation cut off date as well.

OP
OP
GNARLYZEF

GNARLYZEF

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I read, your “spot in line” from your original reservation is saved for the 2022s . Therefor, whoever is left after all of the 2021 reservations have been built, will get their 2022 Broncos in order of reservations left. Make sense?
Per our conversation, here's the info on converting :)

I have some new information from Ford that I thought would be of value to you. I know that you are planning to wait for the 22MY order banks to open before converting your reservation to an order. However, Ford has informed us that there are a few significant benefits to converting your reservation before March 19th, even if you don't plan to order until later.
  1. You will receive a Delivery window ETA in May
  2. You will be eligible for the first 3 months of scheduling (Bronco will schedule in quarters).
    1. Hypothetically, if you had the #1 reservation timestamp in the nation but you converted on March 20th (or later), you will be scheduled at the front of the pack for the 2nd quarter of production. However, if you convert your reservation to an order before March 19th, you will have a lead over those who chose to stay as reservations and will be able to expect your Bronco before them even if their reservation timestamp is earlier than yours.
  3. You can still cancel your order anytime after conversion so there is no risk.
  4. We are allocated Broncos based on our conversion rate. The more allocations we get, the faster our customers get their Broncos 🙂

Sponsored
OP
OP
GNARLYZEF

GNARLYZEF

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes it would most likely be a 2022 model. Ford is recommending customers convert their reservations to orders even if they want to wait for the 22MY because it gets them ahead on scheduling
-from dealer

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was told my reservation would more than likely be converted to a 2022 bronco instead of a 2021 due to time stamp. Has anyone been told by their dealership if they convert to a 2022 before March 19 they’ll have a better chance at getting ahead of the list? For the 2022?
Chances are if you didn't reserve within the first 24hr you will be waiting till next year. With the deadly sins, covid and possible chip shortage 2021 broncos might hard to come by. Hopefully I am wrong

OP
OP
GNARLYZEF

GNARLYZEF

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Chances are if you didn't reserve within the first 24hr you will be waiting till next year. With the deadly sins, covid and possible chip shortage 2021 broncos might hard to come by. Hopefully I am wrong
. Hopefully someone wants to trade a 22 for 21

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are two competing theories; one that the first quarter builds for 2022 will be set up for 'leftover' 2021 people first and if you deferred to MY2022, you are locked out of that first quarter build, but your reservation time stamp would be back in effect the second quarter. The second theory is everyone gets out of line regardless of if they tried to get a 2021 or not, and lines up in reservation time stamp order in the first quarter of MY 2022.

Ford has not, to my knowledge, been clear on that at all, nor have they stated that they won't be making dealer stock in 2022 before completing the converted reservations.
I think this is overthinking it.

Everyone is in a giant line in order of timestamp.

At the beginning of each scheduling block (weekly, monthly, quarterly, whatever) Ford goes to #1 and says “what you want?”

If they have the parts they schedule the build. If they don’t have the parts the go to the next person. They do this until they fill their build capacity for that block.

If someone is waiting for a MY22, they just skip over them and go to the next as if they didn’t have the parts.

If someone converts later on, they get in line based on their reservation time stamp and wait for the next round of scheduling.

When MY22 happens, all those people who were being skipped because of that, are now considered for build and commodity restraints are the only thing that might hold them up. They will be considered the next time a scheduling block comes around.

If they happen to be making dealer stock in MY22, they just have fewer possible orders to build for reservations, but it doesn’t change the scheduling procedure... they still just pull orders until they hit their total capability for that block (and by the time that comes around production capacity may be high enough that practically we don’t feel any real delays getting our orders.)

This is consistent with what Ford has said all along and the simplest way for them to schedule.

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure, that is the second theory. It is actually inconsistent with what Ford is doing with the current reservation/orders. There is no giant line, there are smaller lines at each Ford dealer. Ford needs time to schedule in the orders, that is why after (until they change it) the 19th, a converted order misses the build window for the next quarter. That is what Ford is doing now. That leads us to theory 1; model year switches over in December per the latest gossip. That is when the order banks open for 2022MY. Unless you believe all the remaining '21 can be converted into '22s and future '22 orders can be taken and production scheduled and then started in a couple weeks during the changeover, the plants would either be idle until that can be done, a process that is currently planned out two months in advance (not bloody likely), they can make dealer stock (whoops, they would have to go in that same order window, never mind), or they can continue doing the '21s, perhaps with a special period to update them two months in advance and then they know what body mixes, have a solid idea on trims and have already ordered the bulk of what they need from their suppliers (who also need lead time). Quite frankly, it is overwhelmingly more likely that there will be additional quarter delay on the code 99 orders simply because Ford has no idea if they will actually be ordered and may not even have access to them for planning purposes.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True...there is no giant line like Ford had initially promised; so they’ve been anything but consistent. You’re in line at your dealer and that’s it.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Per our conversation, here's the info on converting :)

I have some new information from Ford that I thought would be of value to you. I know that you are planning to wait for the 22MY order banks to open before converting your reservation to an order. However, Ford has informed us that there are a few significant benefits to converting your reservation before March 19th, even if you don't plan to order until later.
  1. You will receive a Delivery window ETA in May
  2. You will be eligible for the first 3 months of scheduling (Bronco will schedule in quarters).
    1. Hypothetically, if you had the #1 reservation timestamp in the nation but you converted on March 20th (or later), you will be scheduled at the front of the pack for the 2nd quarter of production. However, if you convert your reservation to an order before March 19th, you will have a lead over those who chose to stay as reservations and will be able to expect your Bronco before them even if their reservation timestamp is earlier than yours.
  3. You can still cancel your order anytime after conversion so there is no risk.
  4. We are allocated Broncos based on our conversion rate. The more allocations we get, the faster our customers get their Broncos 🙂
After reading this :
Theory # 3-
Ford overplayed the Bronco Timestamp, Allocation and Commodity marketing fluff.
Quanity of converted orders prior to 3/20 may equal MAP MY21 builds

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True...there is no giant line like Ford had initially promised; so they’ve been anything but consistent. You’re in line at your dealer and that’s it.
Okay, but the “giant line” is just many many smaller lines. The procedure isn’t any different. I used the “giant line” as short hand.

In the dealership allocation scenario that we are under, Ford will have already determined actual dealer allocation as it falls into total production capacity.... so they just look at each dealer and start at the beginning of the line until they reach that dealer’s allocation. (And to a certain degree it is basically still one "giant line" because if two different people at two different dealers are vying for the same single component, timestamp will win.)

Again, I don’t think there’s any crazy weird acrobatics here. This scheduling is pretty straight forward.

Sure, technically people may be waiting one full scheduling block after the (confirmed) MY change over in December, but practically it would only be because those people aren’t yet ready to be scheduled. Realistically we’re expecting MY22 order banks to open a few months before the change over, so anyone waiting will just convert for a MY22 order then... if you delay your conversion, it’s just like any other scenario in that you’d wait for the next round.
Sponsored

Last edited: