Sponsored

2022 Ford Bronco Heritage Edition - A Closer Look (Dedicated Thread for All Things Heritage)

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well we can still get a `22 heritage sport unless that's off the table now too.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Webasto is unable to make a single color MIC in sufficient quantities that meets the current reduced production. When the light gets switched on 8/3 for full production, we are only going to see softies down the line. I'm not sure introducing different colors to the MIC will solve the bottleneck.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a Wimbledon White MIC or even what Tricia suggested with an off-white soft top (as long as it isn't made by Webasto as they can't even make the soft top on the Moar door from not looking like a trash bag).
This whole Webasto fiasco is making me think of paying extra for the black, fastback Bestop even if I get my MIC, because I am already feeling pessimistic about it long term.

In a perfect world, Ford would have let the 2-door folks get the Bestop instead of MIC.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not hung up on not being able to get a white top and flares, even if it's what a majority of us tie to a 'Heritage' nod.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd take a Heritage version like the red 2-Door render. I'm a 2-Door only, since I don't care for the look of the more-door version.

If they did offer a '22 Heritage with the black trim and mic top, I'd be very interested as long as they don't pull a 'Missy' on it's special interior color scheme.

Would I wait until '23 M.y? Nope. I sold my car and just have my motorcycle at the moment. I do have a winter vehicle arranged, but I doubt they're gonna want to keep it past next Spring.

I'm still staying a half-full cup person and waiting on '22 is going to offer and whether I'll be dropping Wildtrak for Badlands or Heritage.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This whole Webasto fiasco is making me think of paying extra for the black, fastback Bestop even if I get my MIC, because I am already feeling pessimistic about it long term.

In a perfect world, Ford would have let the 2-door folks get the Bestop instead of MIC.
Between you and me (and whoever is reading this), I don't think Ford was being gratuitous with the free headliner. Affix tinfoil hat With the history of Webasto's failures on the hardtop, I have a strong suspicion that the headliner is to cover and compensate for the design deficiency that hasn't met expectations.

I'm at the point where I don't want anything from Webasto on my Bronco - if and whenever I get it. There was the idea that the 2-dr can't be shipped with a soft top due to CAFE restrictions, but that has since been proven wrong as Jeep's 2-dr comes standard with a soft top. The only other hurdle that remains is cost. Ford needs the bean counters figure out how to level the scale. Hypothetically, if the MIC is valued at $800 (cost not retail) and the Bestop is valued at $1600 (cost not retail), then give the option to buyers to pay the $800 upcharge to get the soft top from the factory. None of us want a Webasto soft top.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Between you and me (and whoever is reading this), I don't think Ford was being gratuitous with the free headliner. Affix tinfoil hat With the history of Webasto's failures on the hardtop, I have a strong suspicion that the headliner is to cover and compensate for the design deficiency that hasn't met expectations.

I'm at the point where I don't want anything from Webasto on my Bronco - if and whenever I get it. There was the idea that the 2-dr can't be shipped with a soft top due to CAFE restrictions, but that has since been proven wrong as Jeep's 2-dr comes standard with a soft top. The only other hurdle that remains is cost. Ford needs the bean counters figure out how to level the scale. Hypothetically, if the MIC is valued at $800 (cost not retail) and the Bestop is valued at $1600 (cost not retail), then give the option to buyers to pay the $800 upcharge to get the soft top from the factory. None of us want a Webasto soft top.
So what is Eddie talking about at the 7:45 mark? He did say Jeep has (had) to sell a number of 2 door hardtops first, but you'd think Wayalife would get a soft top out of anyone if that's what they wanted:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I told my dealer I am un-99'ing for a few months to see if I can get into August, or September production, and I would re-evaluate if it starts to look like 4th quarter, or additional information comes out.

Someone came on here with a dealer having told them there may be a 2.7 mansquatch option. I don't believe that, but if it were announced that would cause me to re-evaluate. The same if the Everglades Edition with rear sway bar and slightly higher towing capacity or some kind of max tow package.

I have 2 door, Badlands, Mic and Tow working against me so we shall see.

But sorry, the top two are Heritage to me, the bottom looks nice, but it doesn't (though I will consider the grill and have to have that script logo on a Badlands), and a white soft top will require constant cleaning / mold removal:

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep.

You and me both live in places where a hard top is not a necessity. Back when dealers used to have lots of stock, the Jeep dealers had tons of 2-door soft tops. I almost bought one but... 1.) a former student was working in the dealer service dept and warned me again the problem-plagued 2019 MY, and 2.) My kid, who has a 1970 EB, put a bug in my ear about the new Bronco.

So soft top would be fine with me... But I agree with you, I don't want a Webasto soft top.

And the money difference is worse if you want the good, twill Bestop, which I think was over $2k.😞 (Although if Ford would let me get the Bestop from day one, I would drop the roof rack and I wouldn't be bothering to get the Bimini top since the Bestop can be left as a safari top. And that would offset the extra cost a bunch.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

...and here's a pic of the Jeep I almost bought. I would love a tan top for my Bronco.😁
Ford Bronco 2022 Ford Bronco Heritage Edition - A Closer Look (Dedicated Thread for All Things Heritage) 20210626_091055

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And the money difference is worse if you want the good, twill Bestop, which I think was over $2k.😞 (Although if Ford would let me get the Bestop from day one, I would drop the roof rack and I wouldn't be bothering to get the Bimini top since the Bestop can be left as a safari top. And that would offset the extra cost a bunch.
I was just throwing around hypothetical cost values on Ford's end for the bean counter's to balance the scale. For me, twill is the only option especially in the lower latitudes where the sun beats down with a vengeance. It is worth every penny.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I told my dealer I am un-99'ing for a few months to see if I can get into August, or September production, and I would re-evaluate if it starts to look like 4th quarter, or additional information comes out.

Someone came on here with a dealer having told them there may be a 2.7 mansquatch option. I don't believe that, but if it were announced that would cause me to re-evaluate. The same if the Everglades Edition with rear sway bar and slightly higher towing capacity or some kind of max tow package.

I have 2 door, Badlands, Mic and Tow working against me so we shall see.

But sorry, the top two are Heritage to me, the bottom looks nice, but it doesn't (though I will consider the grill and have to have that script logo on a Badlands), and a white soft top will require constant cleaning / mold removal:
If the 2.7 mansquatch were true, I would patiently wait until 2023.

combatninja

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND Miata, Land Rover Defender 110, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As a contrast, Porsche unveiled the 911 GT3 Touring last week. The configurator was up the same day and worked flawlessly. My dealer knew how many allocations they had, I paid them some money, put in my order with no restrictions/constraints and now I will wait approximately 120 days for my 500bhp naturally aspirated masterpiece to arrive all the way from Germany. It will be on time and as ordered. And Ford can't build plastic lids for a Bronco.
Sponsored