'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Many of us have been waiting 1.5 years since our ORDER (let's not even talk reservations which are at 2 years now).
The problem is that Ford says it can't build our Broncos due to "commodity shortages", yet they can find the "commodities" to build a Bronco Raptor. Either Ford can find the commodities or they can't - which is it? If Ford can build a Raptor Bronco, then there is NO reason they couldn't build ours too.
I have nothing against the BRaptor - I'd love to have one. But I'd like to get my loaded Badlands order even more. So far Ford hasn't told me anything about when my Badlands could/will be built. This year or next? Who knows?
Your logic is flawed. The Warthog has a lot of unique parts not shared with the regular Bronco including the engine, the drivetrain, the entire suspension, the modular body, the interior, the list goes on.

We are all waiting on different commodities.
Sponsored

Boldbronco

Raptor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus and E350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Lol at everyone who either canā€™t afford it or didnā€™t get an allocation, coming in here to crap on the raptor
Yeap, specially on the Bronco Nation, you canā€™t mention Raptor without someone giving you crap. Needless to say Iā€™m not renewing my membership there.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many of us have been waiting 1.5 years since our ORDER (let's not even talk reservations which are at 2 years now).
The problem is that Ford says it can't build our Broncos due to "commodity shortages", yet they can find the "commodities" to build a Bronco Raptor. Either Ford can find the commodities or they can't - which is it? If Ford can build a Raptor Bronco, then there is NO reason they couldn't build ours too.
I have nothing against the BRaptor - I'd love to have one. But I'd like to get my loaded Badlands order even more. So far Ford hasn't told me anything about when my Badlands could/will be built. This year or next? Who knows?
There are likely quite a bit of differences between the Raptor and the other Bronco models. If this is the case, then it'd make sense for Ford to produce what they can to keep things moving. If they were using parts that were universal and passing over previous orders, that'd most certainly be wrong. I'd think that'd lead to legal issues so I don't think they'd go that way.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are likely quite a bit of differences between the Raptor and the other Bronco models. If this is the case, then it'd make sense for Ford to produce what they can to keep things moving. If they were using parts that were universal and passing over previous orders, that'd most certainly be wrong. I'd think that'd lead to legal issues so I don't think they'd go that way.
What legal issues would it cause? Seriously everyone around here thinks they have Ford by some legal strangle hold if they don't build their order. You're not the customer, the dealership is. You are not buying anything from Ford, you are buying it from a dealership. I'm not defending the system but it's important to understand the system.

Even most people's purchase agreements aren't legally binding.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What legal issues would it cause? Seriously everyone around here thinks they have Ford by some legal strangle hold if they don't build their order. You're not the customer, the dealership is. You are not buying anything from Ford, you are buying it from a dealership. I'm not defending the system but it's important to understand the system.

If you put an order in with a company, there's a reasonable expectation of delivery (sooner or later). If it's known that the company is just skipping over orders indiscriminately and those people have deposits down (it is a contract, after all), there will be legal issues. Right or wrong, people will eventually pursue a legal course of action. Heck, people went after Rivian for lesser things recently. Either way, the optics are horrible and the situation will not be viewed favorably by anybody.

Your contract is with Ford Motors so you are the customer. It is understood the dealership is not making the vehicle....the dealership is a representative of Ford, so they are in the loop, as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
if you can't afford one or did not get an allocation then you just talk nonsense >> Legally Ford can't do this or it does not look good .. whatever trash they can throw at it.

If everyone would just step back and consider the product that Ford is producing. The Warthog exist for the hardcore enthusiast. Much like the Porsche GT4 RS which Porsche said they would never build. Same for the Wrangler 392 .. which jeep said they would never build.

As a product, the Warthog is very very unique. Especially with electrification already here and ICE engines maybe seeing an end within the next 10-20 years.

As car enthusiast we should appreciate the Warthog as a product that we may never see again by any manufacturer.

Last edited:

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you put an order in with a company, there's a reasonable expectation of delivery (sooner or later). If it's known that the company is just skipping over orders indiscriminately and those people have deposits down (it is a contract, after all), there will be legal issues. Right or wrong, people will eventually pursue a legal course of action. Heck, people went after Rivian for lesser things recently. Either way, the optics are horrible and the situation will not be viewed favorably by anybody.

Your contract is with Ford Motors so you are the customer. It is understood the dealership is not making the vehicle....the dealership is a representative of Ford, so they are in the loop, as well.
They can pursue one and lose money on an attorney and still not get a Bronco. What contract did you sign with Ford that is actually legally binding? There isn't one. You did not sign a notarized legal document. I made a build which forwarded me to my dealership.

I'm not saying this looks good on Ford, but people claiming to be able to file some civil suit over your order not being built look just as bad.

The ONLY document I have signed along with anyone else was when I got my DORA and requested the sales manager and I both sign it showing what my cost would be, to include ADM. Prior to that I didn't sign anything.

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did anyone else notice how thin the UCA looked in that shot of it bouncing as they were traveling down a trail? It surprised me they didnā€™t have a UCA that looked more substantial.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't want to state the obvious, but the UCA is attached to the spindle which is attached to the axle which is attached to the wheel. So if the wheel is bouncing down the trail then the UCA will bounce with it. You would have a serious issue if the a vehicle was driving down a dirt road and the UCA was not moving at all.

also, the warthog UCA is much bigger when compared to the F150 Raptor UCA.

Did anyone else notice how thin the UCA looked in that shot of it bouncing as they were traveling down a trail? It surprised me they didnā€™t have a UCA that looked more substantial.

Last edited:

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't want to state the obvious, but the UCA is attached to the spindle which is attached to the axle which is attached to the wheel. So if the wheel is bouncing down the trail then the UCA will bounce with it. You would have a serious issue if if the a vehicle was driving down a dirt road and the UCA was not moving at all.

also, the warthog UCA is much bigger when compared to the F150 Raptor UCA.
I may not have been clear. The bouncing is not a problem. I wasnā€™t worried about that šŸ˜‚. I just thought the UCA looked thin. It may not be a problem at all. Thereā€™s no evidence that it is at this point. It just surprised me that it was that thin with the longer travel system on the Raptors. I expected something that looked beefier.

Sponsored

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I may not have been clear. The bouncing is not a problem. I wasnā€™t worried about that šŸ˜‚. I just thought the UCA looked thin. It may not be a problem at all. Thereā€™s no evidence that it is at this point. It just surprised me that it was that thin with the longer travel system on the Raptors. I expected something that looked beefier.
Thin does not mean weak, it's the design that matters. Probably some weight saving measures just like the light weight 37's Ford uses.

TurboS957

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bronco Raptor UCA's are forged steel.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bigger shocks and bigger tires, raises the ground clearance.
Iā€™m just saying itā€™s not 4.8 more ground clearance than the badlands Sasquatch pack.
Sponsored