Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone help me? I am trying to find the part and I use this: M2DZ-19980-C but the description is always like: without heated rear window. But I need with it. Is it just a description mistake? And all part sites just copied and pasted it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
a_Panda

a_Panda

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2020 XC60, 1978 124 Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone help me? I am trying to find the part and I use this: M2DZ-19980-C but the description is always like: without heated rear window. But I need with it. Is it just a description mistake? And all part sites just copied and pasted it?
The description should say....

Bronco. With atc. Without heated rear window. Without heated strg. wheel. Dual zone ac, without heated steering wheel, with htd back glass.

The picture from the first post shows M2DZ-19980-C with the rear defrost button. I can confirm that. The 'with htd back glass' is the rear defroster. 👍

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The description should say....

Bronco. With atc. Without heated rear window. Without heated strg. wheel. Dual zone ac, without heated steering wheel, with htd back glass.

The picture from the first post shows M2DZ-19980-C with the rear defrost button. I can confirm that. The 'with htd back glass' is the rear defroster. 👍
Thank you! And by any chance do you know a number for the same part but 2023? In case of back-order?

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just did this...about an hour and 1/2. all you have to do is take the panel loose at the steering column and remove one 7mm screw, open the pocket and remove the 7mm screw nearest the panel. easier if you remove the OS handle and then pull the hvac/radio panel down, d/c the wiring harnesses and removed 4 more screws holding the hvac panel in place. the one I got came from a ford truck. no difference except the truck logo instead of the bronco logo on the recirc button... easily changed out by popping them off and switching them. worked right out of the box...ezpz..no programming needed, temp on screen shows same as buttons and everything works
So you didn't do any ForScan stuff? Did you use 21 or 23?

OP
OP
a_Panda

a_Panda

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you! And by any chance do you know a number for the same part but 2023? In case of back-order?
I think someone posted it a few pages back, but I don't work for ford so I can't confirm anything beyond what I ordered and installed.

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M2DZ-19980-D (from a 2021) is impossible to get right now and on a massive backorder
N2DZ-19980-N (from a 2023) is much easier to get and will probably only take a few days

I can confirm that the 2023 part number N2DZ-19980-N will swap right over and work perfectly after being programmed. (These part numbers are for Heated Rear Window, Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Seats)
Could you please say the number for Y23 with rear window but without steering wheel? Like this one Y21 M2DZ-19980-C

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@a_Panda I want to double check the order. Is it right?
1. Download HVAC module through forscan
2. Swap parts
3. Upload the dowloaded file though forscan

OP
OP
a_Panda

a_Panda

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn’t it be amazing if it turns out all the steering wheels are the same and you just need a switch to get heated steering wheel? It’s possible. Anybody try it?
I’m guessing this wouldn't work with the base which lacks auto climate control. I do miss having that feature. If this was my DD then I would really bug me.
These are my exact questions! Dealer sold my custom-ordered Bronco out from under me... found a similar build but it's Standard Pack instead of High. So none of the Mid features.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around paying $45k for a vehicle with no heated seats. Curious if updating to this panel might unlock a heating element that's already in the MGV Badlands seats... can't imagine they make many 2 door Badlands without the Mid package, so maybe the elements are already in there? I know that's been the case on many cars throughout history.

Ditto for the climate stuff. While I don't need auto or even dual zone climate, the Mid Package HVAC panel is MUCH higher quality than the Standard.

Anyone??

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are my exact questions! Dealer sold my custom-ordered Bronco out from under me... found a similar build but it's Standard Pack instead of High. So none of the Mid features.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around paying $45k for a vehicle with no heated seats. Curious if updating to this panel might unlock a heating element that's already in the MGV Badlands seats... can't imagine they make many 2 door Badlands without the Mid package, so maybe the elements are already in there? I know that's been the case on many cars throughout history.

Ditto for the climate stuff. While I don't need auto or even dual zone climate, the Mid Package HVAC panel is MUCH higher quality than the Standard.

Anyone??
There is no way they install seats with heating elements in them. That’s extra cost they don’t need.

OP
OP
a_Panda

a_Panda

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you go in forscan, you can turn off temp repeater and it won't put the overlay on the screen anymore. Three ones in the top corner I can't remember what magic sequence finally got those to turn off for me.
Mission accomplished! Thank you!

Ford Bronco 2022 HVAC Temperature Display Dial Retrofit DIY & Part Numbers -- Install Success! IMG_3289

Ford Bronco 2022 HVAC Temperature Display Dial Retrofit DIY & Part Numbers -- Install Success! IMG_3289

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you go in forscan, you can turn off temp repeater and it won't put the overlay on the screen anymore. Three ones in the top corner I can't remember what magic sequence finally got those to turn off for me.
Cool, if you could give me the screenshot how your settings look it would help!
Sponsored