First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow Zach, you are great. These are the questions I had for my dealership and they have yet to get back to me at all even on other questions I had since the day I placed my order. I even went there in person 4 weeks ago. The sales guy claimed that I would have to get in line again- he was not sure. The reservation did not seem to mean anything. He would need to check with management or the owner.

So can we change dealerships? I have an early AM 7/14 reservation and would love to use it........but if at the current dealership, I am opting out completely.

Chops

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford Bronco,2017 GMC 2010 chevy short box truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because MIC hard tops are the biggest bottleneck on Bronco production. Many more customers want a MIC hard top than will be available to fill orders well into 22MY, so stand-alone MIC hard tops are not expected to be available as an accessory from your local dealerā€™s parts department until 23MY. Ford would rather sell more Bronco units with a single top (MIC or soft) than artificially limit unit sales by selling some Broncos with two tops (MIC and soft) until the bottleneck is resolved.

TL;DR - Ford makes more profit by selling an entire vehicle at $40,000+/- than by selling an additional top accessory.
So what you are telling me is to order just the mic top, cancel the soft top and I will get mine sooner? Also my reservation was within the 1st 12 hours of reservations, so my number is good. But they have been told they have unlimited soft tops? So why canā€™t I have both? Can I get the mic then order the soft top right away? This whole process is just whacked up!

Chops

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because MIC hard tops are the biggest bottleneck on Bronco production. Many more customers want a MIC hard top than will be available to fill orders well into 22MY, so stand-alone MIC hard tops are not expected to be available as an accessory from your local dealerā€™s parts department until 23MY. Ford would rather sell more Bronco units with a single top (MIC or soft) than artificially limit unit sales by selling some Broncos with two tops (MIC and soft) until the bottleneck is resolved.

TL;DR - Ford makes more profit by selling an entire vehicle at $40,000+/- than by selling an additional top accessory.
So what you are telling me is to order just the mic top, cancel the soft top and I will get mine sooner? Also my reservation was within the 1st 12 hours of reservations, so my number is good. But they have been told they have unlimited soft tops? So why canā€™t I have both? Can I get the mic then order the soft top right away? This whole process is just whacked up!

Sponsored

Chops

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow Zach, you are great. These are the questions I had for my dealership and they have yet to get back to me at all even on other questions I had since the day I placed my order. I even went there in person 4 weeks ago. The sales guy claimed that I would have to get in line again- he was not sure. The reservation did not seem to mean anything. He would need to check with management or the owner.

So can we change dealerships? I have an early AM 7/14 reservation and would love to use it........but if at the current dealership, I am opting out completely.
Same problem here! Would love to change dealerships!!

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The quickest way to get your Bronco would be to order just the soft top now and pick up either the MIC or MOD hard top later, once they become available as accessories.

If you switch to just the MIC hard top, which is the largest current production constraint, then there are a bunch more variables that come into play which could delay your delivery (e.g., your dealerā€™s allocation, your spot in the order list, FEs that have to be built in 21MY).

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford hasn't officially announced either way, but I've heard rumblings that the option to switch dealerships may open when 2022 order banks open up.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bold and underling by me because I dont believe this is accurate... Anyone that reserved and ordered with a Black Painted Modular Top will not be getting their Bronco in Model Year 2022 ( unless they change their order)

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford hasn't officially announced either way, but I've heard rumblings that the option to switch dealerships may open when 2022 order banks open up.
Zach,
My dealer says not to touch my order and it will roll over automatically into 2022.
I wanted to add Capable Bumper for 2022 but he advises against it or I could lose my sequence.
FYI no VIN yet.
So I'm getting conflicting info.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Zach,
My dealer says not to touch my order and it will roll over automatically into 2022.
I wanted to add Capable Bumper for 2022 but he advises against it or I could lose my sequence.
FYI no VIN yet.
So I'm getting conflicting info.

I would get an updated order summary from them showing it's a 2022. They may have the function of rolling it over, I could be wrong, but my impression is reordering. The options you change will not change your sequence unless that part is a restricted item.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would get an updated order summary from them showing it's a 2022. They may have the function of rolling it over, I could be wrong, but my impression is reordering. The options you change will not change your sequence unless that part is a restricted item.
Yea I'll verify my 2022 order.
I don't think I can get any more restrictive than I already am! lol

Chops

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The quickest way to get your Bronco would be to order just the soft top now and pick up either the MIC or MOD hard top later, once they become available as accessories.

If you switch to just the MIC hard top, which is the largest current production constraint, then there are a bunch more variables that come into play which could delay your delivery (e.g., your dealerā€™s allocation, your spot in the order list, FEs that have to be built in 21MY).
I live in the upper Midwest and a soft top is not going to do it for winter months.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All this does make you wonder what if this rollout would have been smoother if people had skin in the game.

$100 reservation? Fine.

Want to order, it's another $900.
In a way I agree with this. There should have been a higher buy in.
Sponsored