Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
More reasons to want a 2022 from updated Bronco FAQ:

Why can’t I get a painted hardtop roof at launch?
Due to unprecedented demand and to ensure a smooth and high-quality launch, we are making the painted hardtop a late availability feature for 21MY. Build & Price will be updated at that time.

Why isn’t the Sasquatch manual transmission available in the Build & Price?
As mentioned in our announcement, Sasquatch expanding to manual transmission-equipped Bronco models will be in late 2021 calendar year and Build & Price will be updated at that time.
Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I‘m a Grangtober reservation holder. So, I’m already in the 2022 model year. ?
I have a day one reservation and a Granger October reservation. Since I am now pretty much 100% BaseManSquatch, the Granger reservation is looking like the winner. I’m really hoping they sort this nonsense about having to spend $50k to get heated seats with the 7-speed. I can live with everything else. #ColdWeatherPackage

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quite awhile back, one of the members went ahead and bought a Jeep to drive and wheel and camp with for a year or two until the Bronco hit the market.
I have to say, I'm a bit envious of his decision now ... I could have been doing the same all this time but chose to wait for the Bronco.

I'm not going to wait any longer, and to trade out for a Jeep for only a year, now would be financially foolish.

I can do my thing in the new Bronco 6 months to a year ahead of a lot of people.....and if there is a lot better STUFF in two or three years, I can always look at a trade.

At some point you have to draw the line and move on with your life, there will always be "better".

Do not let "perfect" be the enemy of "pretty good".

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah buddy, I am in the 22+ camp. I'm stoked for all the 21 guys, but I am not going to rush into a 40k vehicle purchase sight unseen. I'd like to see how the launch goes down, keep an eye on the forums, and be able to hit up some dealerships to test drive and see things for myself.

I am still unsure if I want a 2 door or 4 door, for example. I need to get inside them both.

I'd love to get a 2 door but I want to see what the cargo space looks like with the seats down. Also, I want to see if I can rig up a hammock diagonally in the 2 door to sleep inside. If I can pull that off, I'll grab the 2 door.

Anyway, I will be waiting patiently.

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm pretty sure I'm getting a 4 door but I'm hoping the 2.7 will have a manual transmission for that I can wait .

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may end up with both a ‘21 and ‘22 BL. I havent told the wife yet that she cant have a white modular hardtop on her day 3 reservation. And seeing her reaction (and mine too) to the MIC top in person, I know thats not an option. So may end up with a ‘21 and driving that around until more info on the ‘22 comes out because I can picture it now, being able to get the factory white modulqr top on a factory build before anyone can source one through their parts department.

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but I’m willing to bet that after MY21, with ford almost exclusively building reservation orders, the following years will have ford building primarily for dealers. So it could take a lot longer to get your bronco.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's probably the smarter move to wait, but again I don't think I can stand driving a Prius around for another year.

So it's 2021 or bust.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but I’m willing to bet that after MY21, with ford almost exclusively building reservation orders, the following years will have ford building primarily for dealers. So it could take a lot longer to get your bronco.
The PR nightmare that would create would make B&P look like a cakewalk. 2022 will be the year of transition for sure. They will build reservations and then a mix (maybe even at the start) and then all dealers. This is assuming they even have a backlog to begin with. I’m starting to doubt any real significant conversion numbers. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You manual people are just taking it over a barrel no matter which way you go.
I don't understand this comment. I've been on the 2.3/MT train since day one and have nothing to complain about with the build and price aside from wanting a specific roof that will be late availability (which has nothing to do with the MT). If a trim level doesn't have what I want, then change trim levels. Not every single part is ala carte. If they were, the prices would be exorbitant. Go customize your vehicle yourself, or have vehicle custom built for you if that's your jam. Complaining about a Bronco being $50K will end any and all argument about expensive customization once you're $100K+ into your ultimate luxury rock crawler, mud hopper, grocery getter offroad vehicle.

How has Ford bent me over on this? What has Ford "done to me" or "harmed me" in this? I can build the Bronco as I wish within the constraints of what will be built. This is no different than any other vehicle except, apparently, an incredibly vocal minority (that's us here on this forum) are all butt-hurt because they think their individual opinions should be catered to. 230,000,000 American's, should our philosophy be to cater to every single individuals needs and desires?

There are always content decisions with models and this large rig has to fall into a very specific size/weight to comply with artificial influences upon the auto sector such as NHTSA and CAFE. But in this case they either made the product you want or not. You aren't being held against your will, Ford doesn't have a gun to your head to force your money into their coffers. Your signature on the dotted line is your voice, not your keyboard.

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You manual people are just taking it over a barrel no matter which way you go.

Packages and options that can't be mixed and match with manual trans or SAS package is nuts.

Anyways, I know not everyone is in this situation but a lot of us are. Some of this could change in the next weeks leading up to December ordering time. BUT I think it might be wise for myself to put in a second reservation and have an option if I need to bail out on this first round.
What we are seeing with the MT limitations is why exactly why manufacturers do not allow them as an option on all trims like the Bronco. They are almost exclusively limited to base and lower trims because other higher level packages will conflict with it, like remote start, auto start/stop, automatic driving tech, etc. If you get a manual across all trims, then you are going to be limited in what packages can be built with it.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What we are seeing with the MT limitations is why exactly why manufacturers do not allow them as an option on all trims like the Bronco. They are almost exclusively limited to base and lower trims because other higher level packages will conflict with it, like remote start, auto start/stop, automatic driving tech, etc. If you get a manual across all trims, then you are going to be limited in what packages can be built with it.
1,000 thanks for a rational and articulate post not littered with feelings of victimization!

Ford Bronco 2022 MY looking better and better thank you

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I heard that MY 2022 will have a hyper drive and deflector shields.
Hope so. The flux capacitors they are planning on using won't cut it. My opinion of course.:)
Sponsored