Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't understand this comment. I've been on the 2.3/MT train since day one and have nothing to complain about with the build and price aside from wanting a specific roof that will be late availability (which has nothing to do with the MT).
I could care less about the manual or 2.3 as I have no interest in them for myself. My comment was based on feedback on this forum and reading comments. I have not built a manual in the B&P and won't. Really seems like if you want that particular combo you are confined to a small box, again based on just about every thread on here. If I have misread all those comments, thats my fault.
Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Could anyone holding out for specific options for MY22 walk me through the thought process that Ford will have different options other than what we know already?

My thoughts: there are enough options that have been pushed back to late ā€˜21 availability that as far as Iā€™m concerned might as well be the ā€œupdatesā€ for MY22.

If Ford is going to have as many orders as theyā€™re saying (still tbd on conversion rate), many reservations after the mid Sept cutoff date are going to be ordering in December-Jan, but receiving a MY22 Bronco that was ordered in late 20/early 21 with the same options available for the rest of us 2021MY folks.

Betting we wonā€™t see new colors/interior choices until MY23

alanwburch

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am thinking of doing the same thing in light of the black top push back.
I'm a second day reservation holder, but I think I am going to wait for 2022 model and go Granger and save a few bucks.
Thatā€™s what I did. I canceled a July reservation and made a new one with Granger in late October for (I assume) a 2022 model year. I really want that modular hardtop.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand this comment. I've been on the 2.3/MT train since day one and have nothing to complain about with the build and price aside from wanting a specific roof that will be late availability (which has nothing to do with the MT). If a trim level doesn't have what I want, then change trim levels. Not every single part is ala carte. If they were, the prices would be exorbitant. Go customize your vehicle yourself, or have vehicle custom built for you if that's your jam. Complaining about a Bronco being $50K will end any and all argument about expensive customization once you're $100K+ into your ultimate luxury rock crawler, mud hopper, grocery getter offroad vehicle.

How has Ford bent me over on this? What has Ford "done to me" or "harmed me" in this? I can build the Bronco as I wish within the constraints of what will be built. This is no different than any other vehicle except, apparently, an incredibly vocal minority (that's us here on this forum) are all butt-hurt because they think their individual opinions should be catered to. 230,000,000 American's, should our philosophy be to cater to every single individuals needs and desires?

There are always content decisions with models and this large rig has to fall into a very specific size/weight to comply with artificial influences upon the auto sector such as NHTSA and CAFE. But in this case they either made the product you want or not. You aren't being held against your will, Ford doesn't have a gun to your head to force your money into their coffers. Your signature on the dotted line is your voice, not your keyboard.
I freakin' love this dude. Answers aren't always what people WANT to hear, but they are honest, articulate, matter-of-fact, and can be supported with data as needed.
And am so glad he changed his AV from the dancing Rick to the static Rick Pic. The dancing one always made it look pretentious, like he was celebrating his retort. :LOL:
No one like pretentious retorts, but everyone likes Rick, whether they want to admit it or not. He'll never let you down or give you up. Can't ask for better.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hanging tight, for now, on my July reservation but will hold out for the black modular hardtop at the minimum. If that forces me to get kicked back to a '22 I'm good with that. It would still keep me somewhere near the front of the line for a '22 that way whenever the modular tops do come online. May even get a chance at the body colored one I prefer. And green if they offer it. I do have a backup October reservation with Granger tho that'll be a MY22 for sure.

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could anyone holding out for specific options for MY22 walk me through the thought process that Ford will have different options other than what we know already?

My thoughts: there are enough options that have been pushed back to late ā€˜21 availability that as far as Iā€™m concerned might as well be the ā€œupdatesā€ for MY22.

If Ford is going to have as many orders as theyā€™re saying (still tbd on conversion rate), many reservations after the mid Sept cutoff date are going to be ordering in December-Jan, but receiving a MY22 Bronco that was ordered in late 20/early 21 with the same options available for the rest of us 2021MY folks.

Betting we wonā€™t see new colors/interior choices until MY23
There are some (myself included) HOPING for the 2.7L w/MT to happen for 2022.
There are also some (myself included) that are looking for a color that isn't currently offered.

There are a few other things as well, but for me, that's the top 2.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s what I did. I canceled a July reservation and made a new one with Granger in late October for (I assume) a 2022 model year. I really want that modular hardtop.
I'm just curious if we'll even be able to get the white top with the updated FAQ stating that people who made reservations and placed orders for 22MY cars will not be eligible for 22MY improvements.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What we are seeing with the MT limitations is why exactly why manufacturers do not allow them as an option on all trims like the Bronco. They are almost exclusively limited to base and lower trims because other higher level packages will conflict with it, like remote start, auto start/stop, automatic driving tech, etc. If you get a manual across all trims, then you are going to be limited in what packages can be built with it.
The frustration here is that the MT is available with all trims. But only on one model. So you can either get a standard on the lower models with no options or on one of the highest models with options. No options limit manual on certain packages because of conflicts. Ford has limited it. I don't feel I'm "over a barrel" but wanting a BD with mid and manual doesn't seem so much to ask.

Last edited:

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to pour salt on the 2021 crowd, but it appears the 2022 Bronco is gonna have all the promised pieces and probably some kinks worked out to boot.

Now, all they need to do is announce orange and green colors for 2022!
Considering the 2021 orders are bleeding into 2022, I bet they make ZERO adjustments until 2023 maybe even 2024. Only 2022 changes would come from actual issues, not taste. Basically anything that is "late availability" on 2021 are the only changes Ford will make for the 2022.

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just curious if we'll even be able to get the white top with the updated FAQ stating that people who made reservations and placed orders for 22MY cars will not be eligible for 22MY improvements.
Say what?

Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Say what?
From the reservation FAQ page:

What happens if my order is not built in 21MY?

Due to the high number of Bronco two- and four-door reservations, deliveries may extend into the 2022 calendar year. We anticipate some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco. In this scenario, customers will work with their dealer to replace their 21MY order but will have access to any product improvements for 22MY. Their reservation timestamp will remain with their order.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Due to the high number of Bronco two- and four-door reservations, deliveries may extend into the 2022 calendar year. We anticipate some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco. In this scenario, customers will work with their dealer to replace their 21MY order but will have access to any product improvements for 22MY. Their reservation timestamp will remain with their order.
This literally says you'll have access to the changes made for '22 if you get kicked back...

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm admittedly confused. I read that to mean that people with a 21MY reservation could work with their dealer to get a 22MY with 22MY improvements (to wait for a white top for example) without losing their relative position in line. I didn't understand that to mean that 22MY reservation holders to be unable to get 22MY improvements too.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an early July reservation and just made a Grangtober -$2000 invoice reservation as well because Iā€™m waiting for Mansquatch
There are some (myself included) HOPING for the 2.7L w/MT to happen for 2022.
There are also some (myself included) that are looking for a color that isn't currently offered.

There are a few other things as well, but for me, that's the top 2.
I would pay a good amount extra for this
Sponsored