First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Landrover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have a second reservation and plan to use it to order a 2022 model. Is anyone else ordering a 2022? I'm trying to confirm if we do nothing with the reservation and just wait, or if I need to order it now to use my reservation? My dealership left me a message that the 2022 order needs to be placed now before March 15th. I do not understand that though as the new colors, models and options aren't released yet. I'm confused and hoping someone can clarify....thanks.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have two options.

1. Ford recommends that you “convert” your reservation to an order now, but have your dealer code it priority “99” so it isn’t built. This will provide Ford with the information about generally how many MY22 orders they can expect and what trims they will be. Down side is this basically “locks you in” to that dealer so settle on your dealer first.

2. Just sit on your reservation and do nothing. It will just sit there indefinitely for you to convert it into an order at a later date (when MY22 ordering opens). I feel this is risky because the dealer could just decide to convert it without your consent... I also don’t know if they can cancel your reservation without your consent as well.

OP
OP

FloridaGal

Badlands
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Landrover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have two options.

1. Ford recommends that you “convert” your reservation to an order now, but have your dealer code it priority “99” so it isn’t built. This will provide Ford with the information about generally how many MY22 orders they can expect and what trims they will be.

2. Just sit on your reservation and do nothing. It will just sit there indefinitely for you to convert it into an order at a later date. I feel this is risky because the dealer could just decide to convert it without your consent... I also don’t know if they can cancel your reservation without your consent as well.
Thank you!

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also if you convert your order you will be able to change it to what you want for MY22. So you won't be locked into MY21 options.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have two reservations as well , one is day 4, it was converted 1/20/21 and hopping to receive sometime in or around December ( fingers crossed) I also put another 100 deposit on 1-1-21, then had my dealer put it in as priority 99 this Friday. She told me if I decided that I did not want a 22, that I would be able to cancel it and what not be penalized, also receive my hundred dollars deposit back.

The only reason I'm even considering a 22 Model is I'm hopping that the towing capacity would be raised , and possibly look at the Heritage Edition, if it even becomes to be, then sell my son my 21 ( at retail of course) :unsure:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel this is risky because the dealer could just decide to convert it without your consent... I also don’t know if they can cancel your reservation without your consent as well.
This is the level of confidence the public has for car dealers.
I'm often shocked, but sadly, not surprised.
Sponsored

Reactions: abe