Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

3rd Time Camping in the Bronco, this time Solo, and sleeping in the truck instead of a tent. Here are some photos of my setup!

Items that made sleeping in the Bronco comfortable and convenient:
-Deepsleep Riser to level out cargo area when rear seats are laid down
-Inflatable Sleeping Pad
-A quality sleeping bag
-USB Rechargable fan w/ light (easily clipped to the latch on the middle roof section)
-DIY window Vent made from a section of gutter guard paired with window screen material, cut to the width of the rear glass
-Bluetti EB3A power station
-GasOne Camp Stove
-Pourover Coffee
-cooler
-tote(s) to organize everything
-Small packable camp chair
-folding table
-various flashlights/headlamps(helpful considering I arrived and set up camp at 11pm)
-canvas bag for firewood
-cooking/kitchen items stored in a hanging toiletry bag

PXL_20230526_035907997.jpg
PXL_20230526_123059723.jpg
PXL_20230526_123312747.jpg
PXL_20230526_123329111.jpg
PXL_20230527_004824035.jpg
How did the vent work out? I am going to be trying sleeping in the Bronco to camp for a dual sport next weekend and I was going to go that route but in both windows + 2 12v fans. Might be overkill but it's been humid AF in the northeast lately. But it will definitely be nice to start the truck and cool it down with the AC to start the night. I assume once in place you can't really open the doors? Or can you like snap them on and leave it mostly open for most of the night and then final squish them in place before it's time to sleep?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TKE_273

TKE_273

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi Allroad, Lowered on KW Coilovers
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How did the vent work out? I am going to be trying sleeping in the Bronco to camp for a dual sport next weekend and I was going to go that route but in both windows + 2 12v fans. Might be overkill but it's been humid AF in the northeast lately. But it will definitely be nice to start the truck and cool it down with the AC to start the night. I assume once in place you can't really open the doors? Or can you like snap them on and leave it mostly open for most of the night and then final squish them in place before it's time to sleep?

The specific type of gutter guard I purchased has a groove that let's the vent sit on top of the glass when the door opens. I clipped a fan to the roof latch inside the window and it worked great on a cool evening in May. Two would probably be better for hotter nights. Overall well worth the small investment in time and money, and it takes up no space when packing!

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The specific type of gutter guard I purchased has a groove that let's the vent sit on top of the glass when the door opens. I clipped a fan to the roof latch inside the window and it worked great on a cool evening in May. Two would probably be better for hotter nights. Overall well worth the small investment in time and money, and it takes up no space when packing!
Awesome, I am really going to try to get these made in time then. The alternative was popping open the front two hatches, bug net over it and EZ up over the cab in case it rains. 😅

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question on your tint, how is it driving at night? I had 15% on my last car and night driving was tough turning left or right in unlit neighborhoods. I was thinking about doing 70% XR ceramic on the front, 70% in the back and whatever would match that on the two front. Hopefully no less than 20%.

OP
OP
TKE_273

TKE_273

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Question on your tint, how is it driving at night? I had 15% on my last car and night driving was tough turning left or right in unlit neighborhoods. I was thinking about doing 70% XR ceramic on the front, 70% in the back and whatever would match that on the two front. Hopefully no less than 20%.
I was conscious of that as well, as I had cars when I was a kid that looked good but were impossible to see out of. For me, I have no visibility issues with 20% on the front sides and 79% on the windshield. With the aid of 360 cameras and the mirrors, seeing out the rear while reversing in the dark hasn't been an issue for me either. Hope this helps!

Sponsored

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the info! I got those vents built to camp this weekend so stoked to try them/the deep sleep mat out.

OP
OP
TKE_273

TKE_273

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice! Take pictures and let me know how it goes! 👍

Thanks for the info! I got those vents built to camp this weekend so stoked to try them/the deep sleep mat out.

OP
OP
TKE_273

TKE_273

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another project started,(not yet finished) but I have been wanting to do this for a while. Needed a shelf for additional storage, and it also functions as privacy/cover so I can leave things in the truck when I have the roof off.

3/4" plywood. I used a cardboard box first to make a template so the wood fit nicely around the contours of the cargo area, hump in the tailgate, and my table.

Next steps will be wrapping it in carpet and possibly adding some framing underneath for added strength when stacking things on top.

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch Progress Thread 1000005545

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch Progress Thread 1000005547

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch Progress Thread 1000005548

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch Progress Thread 1000005549

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool project, I considered that extra coverage but like the space for taller items along tailgate when packing for a trip, and the shelf doubles as a cargo leveler with some screw in legs when I sleep in there.

If you haven't purchased yet, this carpet matches back of seats well.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071SG24KY?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Regarding extra support, I use a 3/4" sheet 2ft x 4ft across the same span, loaded up good with Frontrunner boxes, air compressor, and some tools... No additional support needed with 3/4" ply.

OP
OP
TKE_273

TKE_273

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

UPDATE:

Had my eye on this exact lighting setup from @Diode Dynamics since before my Bronco was even built or delivered, and was patiently waiting for the Black Friday deals to snag them up.

With Diode's "base" level output, these lights are still putting out a collective 9,200 lumens, which will be plenty for my occasional off roading, camping, and dark country backroad drives. I spec'd a combo of SAE 3000K yellow fogs, spot beams, combo beams, and a set of ditch lights for a good all around option for any weather/road condition.

The kit from @4x4TruckLEDs.com with their KR flush mount bracket and wiring harnesses for the upfitter switches makes for an insanely easy install.

Had to order the stupid TP40 bit for the bolts on the modular front bumper, so they'll be installed as soon as the bit arrives!

Here are some pics of the lights assembled and ready to go on the truck in the meantime.
Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch Progress Thread 1000006664

Sponsored
OP
OP
TKE_273

TKE_273

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally got around to wrapping the DIY Cargo Cover in carpet, now that topless season is approaching here in the Midwest. Turned out great!
Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch Progress Thread 1000008373

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch Progress Thread 1000008371

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch Progress Thread 1000008360

OP
OP
TKE_273

TKE_273

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got her a little dirty on the off road course at the @Diode Dynamics Open house!

Also took a tour of the Diode Dynamics facility and must say, it's one hell of an impressive operation with so much of the engineering and design, manufacturing, research, testing, etc done in house right here in Missouri.
Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch Progress Thread 1000009176

Photo cred to Garrick Vanderwall from DD
Sponsored