First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The price protection is applied as a rebate per my purchase agreement with the dealer. The issue with this is, rebates are subtracted from the total purchase price AFTER sales tax is calculated. In my opinion, the price protection amount should be subtracted from the base price of the vehicle (PRIOR to sales tax being calculated).
You can read up here that in IN, a price reduction is not taxable, it's treated the same way a discounted price is. Rebates are taxable. I would bring the following to the dealer at closing:
Indiana Sales Tax Info
Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True - each state has its own tax laws. I was specifically referring to the OPs case.
In the OP's state, Discounted prices or price reductions from the manufacturer are not taxable.

jtt411

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco is built and waiting on Ice Mountain to be shipped. I proactively reached out to my sales guy at the dealership last week to make sure they knew about the 22 price protection. They didn't. He asked me to email him information which I did - directed him to Vincent system, sent screen shots of the FAQ incentive materials sent to dealers for program #38406, a copy of the customer cash auth form someone else had taken as an example, and a link to the Bronco Nation page talking about the $$ amounts (I don't like to let them know I'm on b6g forum - keeping all the forum info for myself).

Anyway.... he had the sales manager call me today to tell me the discount doesn't apply to me because my order for 2022 is less price wise than my 21 order. I don't even know this is the case - I ordered the Mod bumper, but removed Tow. I literally think they are saying my initial order was more money because of the headliner which now everyone is getting free. He said when he goes to Vincent and plugs my information in nothing comes up as being available for an incentive. I pressed him to make a call to his Ford rep for clarification but he sounded like he was brushing me off and I didn't know what I was talking about. Has anyone else's dealer mentioned the rebate not being applicable because their 21 order was less money? I already provided the guy with the blueprint with how to find it, but I must be missing something????

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ABA804BF-46E0-47D1-B697-E9FEE08895D1.jpeg
5CE654B4-851E-4276-A65A-EE45EE051A2E.jpeg

Hopefully this will help some people.
What direct mail offer?

I have not received any rebate or certificate in the mail (or email) from Ford. I'm a day 2 reservation holder who ordered a '21 and had to reorder for a '22.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What direct mail offer?

I have not received any rebate or certificate in the mail (or email) from Ford. I'm a day 2 reservation holder who ordered a '21 and had to reorder for a '22.
No idea. This is just the information about the program that I found. You’ll need to talk to your dealer about it. When I went in to pick mine up, my dealer had everything ready and the rebate already taken off.

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Bronco is built and waiting on Ice Mountain to be shipped. I proactively reached out to my sales guy at the dealership last week to make sure they knew about the 22 price protection. They didn't. He asked me to email him information which I did - directed him to Vincent system, sent screen shots of the FAQ incentive materials sent to dealers for program #38406, a copy of the customer cash auth form someone else had taken as an example, and a link to the Bronco Nation page talking about the $$ amounts (I don't like to let them know I'm on b6g forum - keeping all the forum info for myself).

Anyway.... he had the sales manager call me today to tell me the discount doesn't apply to me because my order for 2022 is less price wise than my 21 order. I don't even know this is the case - I ordered the Mod bumper, but removed Tow. I literally think they are saying my initial order was more money because of the headliner which now everyone is getting free. He said when he goes to Vincent and plugs my information in nothing comes up as being available for an incentive. I pressed him to make a call to his Ford rep for clarification but he sounded like he was brushing me off and I didn't know what I was talking about. Has anyone else's dealer mentioned the rebate not being applicable because their 21 order was less money? I already provided the guy with the blueprint with how to find it, but I must be missing something????
My '22 order on my Black Diamond was less money than my '21 after I removed the paint protection film and stuck with the capable bumper. My dealer gave me the full $825 I was supposed to get....(I'm picking it up next week, but he sent me the price sheet)

My understanding is it is not supposed to be limited to trim.....in other words, I could have ordered a Base and still gotten $825 off....so, obviously I wished I had originally picked a trim that would have given me the $925.

jtt411

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My '22 order on my Black Diamond was less money than my '21 after I removed the paint protection film and stuck with the capable bumper. My dealer gave me the full $825 I was supposed to get....(I'm picking it up next week, but he sent me the price sheet)

My understanding is it is not supposed to be limited to trim.....in other words, I could have ordered a Base and still gotten $825 off....so, obviously I wished I had originally picked a trim that would have given me the $925.
Right. That was my understanding too. I could have ordered a less expensive trim and would had the credit applied for the trim I had on the books on the October cut off.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is what I have accomplished so far. I contacted Ford. They provided me with a certificate number over the phone. I now have this number so at time of delivery it is applied to the process. BL two door . I was trying to figure out if anyone has actually successfully navigated this process.

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The certificates were supposed to be issued in late December when MY'22 production began. They would be attached to your Ford account that can only be used on a MY'22 purchase. If price protection is extended for MY'23, then a new certificate will be issued. I'm not surprised that the certificate hasn't been issued. Seems like one more hollow promise.
Question.
Even if we don't have a vin yet?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question.
Even if we don't have a vin yet?
Yes. The MY'21 order (pre-3/19) qualifies. Presumably, if you don't get a VIN for MY'22, then another certificate will be issued for MY'23.

Sponsored

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can read up here that in IN, a price reduction is not taxable, it's treated the same way a discounted price is. Rebates are taxable. I would bring the following to the dealer at closing:
Indiana Sales Tax Info
Please refer to my follow-up post:
“Yep, I am aware of how taxes are applied. To clarify my original post, this Price Protection Certificate should not be applied as a rebate. The “certificate amount” should be subtracted from the base price of the vehicle (prior to tax being calculated). As you mentioned, since it’s applied as a rebate, tax is paid on the increased 2022 base price+any options etc (prior to the certificate amount being subtracted). Therefore, even with “price protection”, you pay more for a 2022 Bronco than you would have for a 2021 Bronco.”

….I’m well informed regarding the Indiana sales tax laws. In my case, the “price protection” amount which was applied as a rebate was only $250 (Outer Banks). So I was not inclined to argue over $17.50 ($250 x 7% tax) since my dealer is absolutely fantastic and second to none when it comes to customer service.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So how is this supposed to work? I took delivery of my 2-door basesquatch last Friday and the dealer told me that it would be a rebate from Ford. My reservation was July 14, 2020 and I didn't change my order at all. Should I just reach out to Ford customer service?

OP
OP
WSMITH24

WSMITH24

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So how is this supposed to work? I took delivery of my 2-door basesquatch last Friday and the dealer told me that it would be a rebate from Ford. My reservation was July 14, 2020 and I didn't change my order at all. Should I just reach out to Ford customer service?
Dealer should have been able to pull your price protection as a certificate straight from smart Vincent.
Program #38406 it then would have been applied to your deal as cash. If you have already purchased they will owe you a refund. If they can’t find it ask if they can get with their ford dealer rep.
Ford Bronco 2022 price protection issues. 2528B037-3DFC-4A43-8046-0F9688CBAA96
Ford Bronco 2022 price protection issues. 0985DCCF-E840-4017-9CA4-3D5372D9EF1F

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never received anything from Ford, they had the certificate in the "computer" and it was taken off the MSRP when I bought the car.

Ford Bronco 2022 price protection issues. 6C2D573B-347A-4D51-8D3D-16209D1568E8_4_5005_c

Last edited:

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I never received anything from Ford, they had the certificate in the "computer" and it was taken off the MSRP when I bought the car.

6C2D573B-347A-4D51-8D3D-16209D1568E8_4_5005_c.jpeg
Thank you! I just emailed the dealer with this information. Let's see what happens.
Sponsored

Last edited: