l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it'll take til MY22 to get the paperwork done to UPGRADE the bronco to 2A GWVR status. no physical change required on the actual vehicle.

since i'm holding out for a white mod top, the plan is coming together.
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford will not be offering a new (read different) roof rack for MY22 nor a new roof or a different (read new and lighter) Bronco. The only remotely viable solutions they can offer for for MY22 to have a roof rack on Sas or 2.7 4 door are:

a) strict compliance on reducing weight somewhere on the a Bronco when you order a roof rack (such as can only get a roof rack on a 4 dr 2.7nor Sas if you do not get steel bumpers, etc) - this is most likely scenario

b) they change the weight Class into 2A - this is highly unlikely to happen

Think about it, they are not going to create a whole new roof design or re-design the whole Bronco and all parts/weight halfway into the first year of production. I hope I’m wrong but for those of you waiting for a MY22 solution, don’t expect a miracle.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford will not be offering a new (read different) roof rack for MY22 nor a new roof or a different (read new and lighter) Bronco. The only remotely viable solutions they can offer for for MY22 to have a roof rack on Sas or 2.7 4 door are:

a) strict compliance on reducing weight somewhere on the a Bronco when you order a roof rack (such as can only get a roof rack on a 4 dr 2.7nor Sas if you do not get steel bumpers, etc) - this is most likely scenario

b) they change the weight Class into 2A - this is highly unlikely to happen

Think about it, they are not going to create a whole new roof design or re-design the whole Bronco and all parts/weight halfway into the first year of production. I hope I’m wrong but for those of you waiting for a MY22 solution, don’t expect a miracle.
Well option A is exactly what they are ALREADY doing, and we've been told that 22 WILL allow for roof rack and Sasquatch so there must be an option 3 that only Ford knows.

Guess I have no choice and will be finding out since I'm being forced into 2022.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well option A is exactly what they are ALREADY doing, and we've been told that 22 WILL allow for roof rack and Sasquatch so there must be an option 3 that only Ford knows.

Guess I have no choice and will be finding out since I'm being forced into 2022.
Yes, they are already doing that to some degree but they still don’t allow it on a 4 door with either Sas or 2.7. What I am saying is that fr MY22 there likely will be new rules that allow you to get roof rack with either 2.7 or Sas but that it will be more/other weight restricted Items to allow for the rack. Again, hope I’m wrong and would love to see an even better solution but I don’t have confidence they have a better one up they’re sleeves.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, they are already doing that to some degree but they still don’t allow it on a 4 door with either Sas or 2.7. What I am saying is that fr MY22 there likely will be new rules that allow you to get roof rack with either 2.7 or Sas but that it will be more/other weight restricted Items to allow for the rack. Again, hope I’m wrong and would love to see an even better solution but I don’t have confidence they have a better one up they’re sleeves.
No inside information here, but I think it's likely a supplier vs factory installer concern. What I mean is that Ford may be moving to a new Modular roof supplier, or adding new suppliers and there are spec concerns.

We know of the shortage of 35' tires and suspension components causing a delay in most Sasquatch packaged Broncos. It may be possible that these vehicles are sent to another facility to complete (speculation). This is likely BS.

There could be other concerns that could lead to an eventual recall with that combo of Sasquatch and roof rack. Could be wear, could be weight or balancing; who knows? If they know they'll need to fix something, they certainly won't do so in 2022 (too fast) but could be planning for 2023 if not mid-cycle refresh.

Whatever is going on, they may see something they don't like, or the lawyers don't like. Factory tooling may be in shortage. All of this is guessing, but could be any combination of concerns or shortages.

I will not compromise on the Sasquatch or a roof rack because I don't want to source either while paying this car note and I want factory warranty so I don't have to drill and deal with what that may do to the roof as I remove and but back the roof rack from summer when I don't camp, to fall when I do.
Sponsored