Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford employees or someone with a close contact - please push for a detailed description and Q&A regarding the 21MY Sasquatch Roof Rack debacle.
  1. WHY has Ford recommended 21MY reservation holders wait for 22MY if you want a Sasquatch with roof rack?
  2. Will there be a 22MY Bronco change and/or attachment point change?
  3. Will the announced 2022 Roof Package fit the 21MY and be approved for use?
  4. Is it simply to streamline 21MY production and there will be no issue installing it yourself?
Ford recommends to wait for 22MY and has communicated the 2022 Roof Rack Package, so why the secrecy? Why hold back on key details when youā€™ve already announced it?

Communicate the full details and Q&A!

Edit: itā€™s not just Sasquatch. When you build out a 4dr Badland, no Sasquatch, and add the 2.7, it drops the roof rails.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well I can answer 1: they recommend you wait for that combo because you canā€™t get it now on a 4D.

2: thatā€™s the assumption. Can only speculate, but the language around that seems to indicate they are changing the Bronco or the rack (Bronco change more likely since weight is the problem).

3 and 4 are again speculation but even more complicated rack systems like the Rhino rack backbone system for Wranglers can be DIYā€™ed in a few hours. Canā€™t imagine Ford fundamentally changing anything to where you couldnā€™t install the 22 rack onto a ā€˜21.

All the same though, there are aftermarket mfgā€™s chomping at the bit to get their hands on a Bronco and come up with something better. Canā€™t imagine Rhino not coming out with a version of their system.

broncobob94

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately there is more to it than they want us to know, so they will continue to leave that vague per the GVWR thread statements.

Deleted member 13817

Unfortunately there is more to it than they want us to know, so they will continue to leave that vague per the GVWR thread statements.
Is that a speculative statement or do you have a specific reason to believe there is something more to it? I certainly hope there isn't. I would want to know.

Sponsored
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The year of Covid has turn the auto industry upside down. Take my friend who is involved with some of the factory accessories for the Ford Bronco. Sometime ago his department was disbanded and everyone was forced to work from home. He has expressed how it has been challenging and has slow down the process. I will try to get any information I can about the roof rack. Keep in mind since everything has been decentralized even the employees are unaware of what each other are doing sometimes. This is not a unique problem only plaguing FORD but rather all the car companies. iā€™ll see what I can find out by The Weeknd. A roof rack is it Intrachol part of my build since I will be using it weekly ??ā€ā™‚ But if I have to wait and order my Bronco without it and add it later so be it.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP, you are hilarious or naive. Can't tell which.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think this is a critical question. It is the only thing out there that suggest some sort of structural or design change and everyone blows it off.

Now if it turns out it is simply Bureaucracy that the need time to update...let us know. Like the carpet on the back seats and how they have to be recertified.. I can at least sink my teeth into it.

If Ford is doing something to make the Bronco Lighter for 22....inquiring minds want to know!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

On my list of need to know

Sponsored

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has nothing to do with making a lighter Bronco. Bronco has poor payload yeah, but itā€™s more than enough for the rack. Plus a Badlands is heavier with less payload than a Sasquatched Big bend, yet Badlands can have the roof rack but not the Sasquatch. Again, nothing to do with GVWR.

Ford mentions the 2022 will have a new rack platform. My guess is that when Ford tested the rack fully loaded on Sasquatch they deemed it unsafe due to height (concern of rolling over). Donā€™t forget a Badlands is higher than a Rubicon despite same wheels. A SAS is even higher.
What else could it be? Again SAS on most trim (including Wildtrack) is not heavier than a Badlands so it is NOT weight.
So how will they fix that? I have no idea.

But it is a MAJOR concern if they bring structural change to the vehicle itself in 2022 yeah.

In the meantime I am screwed choosing a BL with no SAS because I need the rack and itā€™s not part of dealer accessories.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe modular roof is needed for some reason? ?ā€ā™‚

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In the meantime I am screwed choosing a BL with no SAS because I need the rack and itā€™s not part of dealer accessories.
Anytime I've priced out a BL I left off Sasquatch because it just didn't seem to be worth it. Basically you are getting a 1.5" bigger tire, only 3/4" more "clearance". Otherwise BL already has everything (at least I believe so).

The main reason I'm going Sasquatch is for the front locker, HD axle, and 4A. 35s are nice but not the end of the world. And the defacto is 37s anyway.

OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford recommends to wait for 22MY and has communicated the 2022 Roof Rack Package, so why the secrecy? Why hold back on key details when youā€™ve already announced it?
And I forgot, itā€™s not just Sasquatch. When I build out a Badland, no Sasquatch, and add the 2.7, it drops the roof rails. 4dr 2.7 unable to get rails was not addressed today in the Ford email.

966A9F73-94F2-4A91-9A2C-04DCB9D9D81C.jpeg

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And I forgot, itā€™s not just Sasquatch. When I build out a Badland, no Sasquatch, and add the 2.7, it drops the roof rails. 4dr 2.7 unable to get rails was not addressed today in the Ford email.

966A9F73-94F2-4A91-9A2C-04DCB9D9D81C.jpeg
For those of us wanting 2.7 Sas, are we totally out of luck? 2023?
Sponsored