Sponsored

2023 6th gen 4Runner - New Video, Renders & Insight (redesign - not refresh)

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks cool, but not cool enough to make me reconsider. I'm glad Toyota is updating it. Competition is great!
Sponsored

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2021 4Runner owner here. I'd had my heart set of a 4Runner for many years and finally, for once, the real need for a new vehicle coincided with available funds last year, and I went shopping. I was very tempted by the Bronco, and also tempted to wait for the 6th gen 4Runner. When it became clear that neither of these would be available to me until way later than I could wait, I went with what I could get.

Almost 7,000 miles in, I'm loving the 4Runner. I'm still very curious what the 6th gen is going to look like, and what, if anything, Toyota will do to the 4Runner (or Sequoia) to fill the gap left by the Land Cruiser. If the 6th gen ends up similar to the Land Cruiser-inspired rendering, that would be great. I hope there is an alternative to the 4-cyl turbo.

I hope they stay away from the Tundra grill -- I'm not a fan.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn’t seem like much of a redesign but I like it a lot!

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They planning on gearing it correctly from the factory, even with the smaller tires it will come with?

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The current and previous generations were assembled in Japan, but I have a feeling that if Toyota moved the Tacoma out of the San Antonio plant and moved the sequoia to the San Antonio plant because they share same platform and engine/trans. The Tacoma is now 100% assembled in the new Guanajuato, MX plant, maybe they will move the 4Runner to that same plant because they share the platform. Leaving the Japan plant for that half of the world and the MX plant for North America.
Time will tell.
The new 4Runner will be made on the TNGA-F platform which is not scheduled for the Tacoma. The 4Runner and Tacoma platforms have not used the same frame since 1995. The Tacoma began using "C" channel below the bed whereas the 4Runner has always been a fully boxed frame. I do hope the 4Runner continues to be made in Japan, but I don't have any complaints with my San Antonio made Tundra.

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 m40i • Toyota 4Runner Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As an owner of a 2000 4runner and now a 2016 4runner limited. If Toyota brings another generation of underpowered 4runner to market, it would likely set the trajectory for the end of the 4runner.

The absence of a viably competitive product would be a significant loss for us consumers.

Bronco_Mando

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The new 4Runner will be made on the TNGA-F platform which is not scheduled for the Tacoma. The 4Runner and Tacoma platforms have not used the same frame since 1995. The Tacoma began using "C" channel below the bed whereas the 4Runner has always been a fully boxed frame. I do hope the 4Runner continues to be made in Japan, but I don't have any complaints with my San Antonio made Tundra.
Didn’t know that.
Thanks for the info!!!

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In light of the recent Ford news, I see a new Plan B coming for many people.
I'm curious to see when Toyota does their 4Runner reveal. I could see myself cancelling my order depending on when they do their reveal, what updates they make to the new model, and obviously when it will be available. Right now every day the Bronco is delayed is one day to Plan B

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

New video from David Chao at Automotive Press (Aug 15, 2021). He is saying the 6th gen 4Runner will be released in Q4 of 2022 as a MY23 model. He also states he has already put down a deposit on one so he can be among the first owners.

Reactions: Axe

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New video from David Chao at Automotive Press (Aug 15, 2021). He is saying the 6th gen 4Runner will be released in Q4 of 2022 as a MY23 model. He also states he has already put down a deposit on one so he can be among the first owners.

I’ve still got a Mod top on my Bronco order, and am going to keep pushing my build out until we get solid info on the 6g 4Runner.

I’m still very excited about the Bronco, but I’ve I’m going to be waiting longer and longer, I’m going to practice due diligence before putting any money down.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ve still got a Mod top on my Bronco order, and am going to keep pushing my build out until we get solid info on the 6g 4Runner.

I’m still very excited about the Bronco, but I’ve I’m going to be waiting longer and longer, I’m going to practice due diligence before putting any money down.
A sound and sane plan, the MY23 6th gen Bronco and the MY23 6th gen 4Runner are now neck and neck.

I wonder which company will be able to deliver on their promises, deliver a leak free roof, deliver the fewest bugs and not string their customers along with stellar corporate communication? :unsure:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A sound and sane plan, the MY23 6th gen Bronco and the MY23 6th gen 4Runner are now neck and neck.

I wonder which company will be able to deliver on their promises, deliver a leak free roof, deliver the fewest bugs and not string their customers along with stellar corporate communication? :unsure:
I know Toyota is gonna do what Toyota is gonna do… but with all the delays on the Bronco, it would really be in their best interest to start strategically leaking info about the next 4Runner.

At least that’s what I want them to do… I’m sure they don’t need any buzz now to sell 4runners later.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Love the front and side profile, but the back looks like a sienna mini van.
Sponsored