Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In December new builds were given a 250 dollar "credit" for a sub delete. I recently picked up my bronco built end of December and it has a subwoofer back there but no power to it, nothing. It just sits. I haven't had an opportunity to look around but it seems like it is missing the amp.
Before you go replacing just the amp, be sure to read the other thread. Not only is the amp a dummy module, the speaker has no magnet on it. Seems crazy but the pictures speak for themselves.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nd-functional-amps-removed.61106/post-1783720
Sponsored

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Kicker Key 200.4 + 500.1
Some say 200.4 isn’t making much of a difference. Do you have an opinion on the difference, especially from the front? Do you find the mid bass from the kick panel is sufficient?

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some say 200.4 isn’t making much of a difference. Do you have an opinion on the difference, especially from the front? Do you find the mid bass from the kick panel is sufficient?
You could get away without the 200.4 by replacing the dash speakers and pods in the back with upgraded 4” drivers while leaving the stock kick panel 6” speakers. Removing the baked in EQ with forscan is what makes the biggest difference along with the needed sub in back. This 2023 builds who got the 7 speaker system probably could just do the forscan changes, replace the dash speakers to get better highs, and call it a day though I haven’t heard any of those systems first hand.

OP
OP

jshapz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yep if you want bass, you need the kicker sub. I wouldn’t touch the kick panels and just do the 4in speakers. The key 200.4 might be fine by itself for some people but me and nw above both agree on this. Kicker 500.1 and 8in sub. Replace the 4in speakers and call it a day.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yep if you want bass, you need the kicker sub. I wouldn’t touch the kick panels and just do the 4in speakers. The key 200.4 might be fine by itself for some people but me and nw above both agree on this. Kicker 500.1 and 8in sub. Replace the 4in speakers and call it a day.
Yeah, though I will say that after messing with the EQ and 500.1 low/high pass this stereo is incredible for the price. Loud clean and balanced even with the angular, reflective surfaces inside the Bronco.

Sponsored

RCArea51

Big Bend
First Name
CRR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door BB Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Better than I imagined.

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, though I will say that after messing with the EQ and 500.1 low/high pass this stereo is incredible for the price. Loud clean and balanced even with the angular, reflective surfaces inside the Bronco.
From the looks of your other vehicles, you likely have experience with higher end systems.

That basic solution y'all recommend would be more economical and less hassle. I definitely like good sound but this isn't the vehicle that is a concert hall. If the kicker key 200.4 is only going to only net me 10-15% better sound over just replacing stock speakers and FORSCAN then I will likely go with the replacement/FORSCAN strategy and focus on the non functional sub enclosure.

OP
OP

jshapz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I couldn’t help myself and ordered the 6.5in pods too. What do you think about them? So before I got the 200.4 I messed with the filter on the 500.1 and didn’t feel like it did anything. You’re saying messing with that helped the sound? My panels back on and doubt I mess with it but was wondering how much it helped. Now I do think I’ll do some tinkering with the 200.4 again once I get the pods installed this weekend.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the looks of your other vehicles, you likely have experience with higher end systems.

That basic solution y'all recommend would be more economical and less hassle. I definitely like good sound but this isn't the vehicle that is a concert hall. If the kicker key 200.4 is only going to only net me 10-15% better sound over just replacing stock speakers and FORSCAN then I will likely go with the replacement/FORSCAN strategy and focus on the non functional sub enclosure.
It's a good plan because if after you've done this 'simplified' version you feel it needs more, you can upgrade to the 200.4 as a second step and leave everything you previously upgraded alone. Like version 2.0.
My M3's Harman Kardon is the best OEM system I've ever heard.. made back before Samsung bought them.

The big benefit about this Bronco solution using the OEM sub housing is that, especially for the 2 door, you dont lose any cargo/interior space.

Last edited:

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I couldn’t help myself and ordered the 6.5in pods too. What do you think about them? So before I got the 200.4 I messed with the filter on the 500.1 and didn’t feel like it did anything. You’re saying messing with that helped the sound? My panels back on and doubt I mess with it but was wondering how much it helped. Now I do think I’ll do some tinkering with the 200.4 again once I get the pods installed this weekend.
Having the 2dr, the pods are much closer to the driver (me) so the effect is greater volume and fill in the rear for better surround. I kept the high pass all the way down since I had no problem with the low hz. The low pass i turned to about 100 to keep the muddy bass out of the woofer.

Coincidentally, my settings are exactly the same as this stock image from Kicker's site. I also have the remote bass knob. Though I highly recommend getting the remote dial, if you do not, you'll want to turn up the bass boost a bit.

Ford Bronco 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade 480x360-back

Sponsored
OP
OP

jshapz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Having the 2dr, the pods are much closer to the driver (me) so the effect is greater volume and fill in the rear for better surround. I kept the high pass all the way down since I had no problem with the low hz. The low pass i turned to about 100 to keep the muddy bass out of the woofer.

Coincidentally, my settings are exactly the same as this stock image from Kicker's site. I also have the remote bass knob. Though I highly recommend getting the remote dial, if you do not, you'll want to turn up the bass boost a bit.

Ford Bronco 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade 480x360-back
Appreciate it, my settings are the same. I did get it and ran the bass knob up to the front under the ac controls. I leave it turned up all the way with no real reason to turn it down.

OKST Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Stratton Nolen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone have the stock amp and stock subwoofer for sale? I am picking up my 23’ on Monday and was devastated when I saw it had the subwoofer deleted. Missed the cut by two days it looks like :/

OP
OP

jshapz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone have the stock amp and stock subwoofer for sale? I am picking up my 23’ on Monday and was devastated when I saw it had the subwoofer deleted. Missed the cut by two days it looks like :/
Wont do any good, I sent my amp to a user here and he tested it. The harness must be disabled in the head unit. Someone could probably figure out how to enable it in Forscan

OKST Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Stratton Nolen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wont do any good, I sent my amp to a user here and he tested it. The harness must be disabled in the head unit. Someone could probably figure out how to enable it in Forscan
Dang….I had some hope it might work since I saw in another thread the harness was getting a signal/power potentially

OP
OP

jshapz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dang….I had some hope it might work since I saw in another thread the harness was getting a signal/power potentially
Thats the guy I sent the amp to. He's getting power but no signal once it was plugged in and tested with a speaker.
Sponsored