First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Allocations should be limited for dealer stock but not for customer orders. This means that anyone ordering from Granger will have to be 6-7 years to get their Bronco based on 800+ reservations and 100-140 deliveries per year?
Roughly, Yes.

Advertisement

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

[email protected]

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you Zach for the info!!

This may not be the place to post this question. I am looking at special ordering a Bronco. I am not a current reservation holder. I realize the order banks have not been opened for 23 new orders.

My question. Will dealer allocation have any bearing on whether I can/will receive a Bronco any time this century? The dealer I've been talking to says that if I special order a Bronco and pick them as the dealer it has nothing to do with their dealer allocation. They say that they have no bearing on when I might receive said Bronco.

If that is true, then does it matter what dealer I use? If dealer allocation is a determining factor does the Bronco have to be ordered by them as part of their allocation? I'm still confused regarding allocation and orders and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, if you are at a higher volume dealership with less customer demand, you'll more likely to receive your order in a more timely manner.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

In my case I'm a Braptor GT holder at a smaller dealership. Originally ordered a wild track. From what I understand they only received 2 allocations for Braptors. If in fact larger dealerships are favored then how in the world would they ever actually get one? Seems like Ford would at least give smaller dealerships some crumbs.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

[email protected]

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For clarity Zach, how many of the 164 deliveries for MY21 Broncos and the expected 155 deliveries for MY22 Broncos were pure dealer allocation units that were sold from your lot versus customer orders, whether reservation-converted-to-order or walk-ins?
all are custom orders.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well. Down to #325 now. Probably won't get a 2023 at all now. Ford really screwed this up. Time to just buy something else and maybe one day I'll have a Bronco. First and last Ford if I do ever see it.

Glad I at least got a Moab off road trip out of the deal.

Advertisement

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Zach your thoughts on Heritage models? Do you think Ford would even attempt to rush those out or I'm thinking those will be constrained just like others. If I'm losing price protection anyway maybe I'll get in line for a Heritage.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zach your thoughts on Heritage models? Do you think Ford would even attempt to rush those out or I'm thinking those will be constrained just like others. If I'm losing price protection anyway maybe I'll get in line for a Heritage.
You do not lose PP switching to a Heritage Edition.

By switching to a Heritage Edition (excluding Heritage Limited Edition), you still qualify for price protection. New in 2023 MY, you will also qualify for price protection by switching to an Everglades

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You do not lose PP switching to a Heritage Edition.

By switching to a Heritage Edition (excluding Heritage Limited Edition), you still qualify for price protection. New in 2023 MY, you will also qualify for price protection by switching to an Everglades
Interesting thanks. I would assume since Heritage pricing begins for 2023 model year there's nothing to "protect"? Like they'll honor whatver discount we had on a Black Diamond? Not sure how that will work.

The least Ford could do for us poor souls with 2020 reservations who now are looking down the barrel of a 2024 model year is throw us price protection for another year.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting thanks. I would assume since Heritage pricing begins for 2023 model year there's nothing to "protect"? Like they'll honor whatver discount we had on a Black Diamond? Not sure how that will work.

The least Ford could do for us poor souls with 2020 reservations who now are looking down the barrel of a 2024 model year is throw us price protection for another year.
I would assume you would get the difference between when you ordered the BD and then to MY '23 BD being the Hetitage did not previously exist.

BigDaddySquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, up front I want to say that my order is with a different dealer. While I think the level of communication from Granger is great and commendable, I wonder whether they are continuing to take orders now that the reality is that those orders have no chance of being delivered within the next 2-3 years? And if so, are they communicating that before the order is made?

Advertisement

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Write or email Ford. Get on Twitter and make some noise. In February we had some good publicity but Ford never officially responded and continues to ignore the most successful Bronco dealers.

On Twitter we are using #FordBronco #ReservationsOverAllocations and #DudeWheresMyBronco. You can use the tiny URL https://t.co/KlI8r0JpE8 to link to the Bloomberg article. Tweet to @Ford @mrlevine @SarahHolm @jimfarley98

Here is contact info for several relevant Ford execs.

Jim Azzouz
Director, Customer Experience
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Elena Ford
Chief Customer Experience Officer
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Frederiek Toney
Vice President Global Ford Customer Service Division
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Chief Executive
Jim Farley
President and CEO
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
(313) 322-3000
[email protected]

Sarah Holm
Manager, Digital & Social Media Communications
1 American Rd
Dearborn, Michigan, 48126
Twitter @SarahHolm
Thanks for this info

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Land Rover, 1985 CJ-7, 1998 TJ, 2014 BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Vehicle Showcase
The math says you are screwed if you are at a dealership with a couple hundred orders. When Ford released how they were doing MY22 allocation, I cancled my Granger, it was in mid 600 range and completely pointless, you had a better chance of doing a walk in order which I should of tried. Heck I was sitting at about 45 for my current 21 order and I still dont have one, but Ford threw me off a cliff with this Raptor crap.
First time I'm seeing myself on the xls and I'm in the 700 range, lol. That's no surprise, I like Granger, but the tea leaves were clear, this vehicle is essentially never arriving.

Frankly, I haven't wanted this vehicle enough, to lift a finger making a second order elsewhere. I feel bad for the guys in early and still waiting, who were very keen on getting one. Especially for the guys waiting without a Wrangler or other open top 4x4, missing out on years of off-road top-down fun.

You guys in that boat, go buy a Wrangler from Granger. Maybe Bronco shows up down the road or not, but you'll already have months/years of off-road top-down fun in the books.

Find a trail with the Wrangler, put a dent in the skid plate, encounter a bit of danger, see the sites ... come home with some adventure story to tell. Then you won't have much desire trading places with some early Bronco owner - who's max excitement is a grocery store trip. :)

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At what point do you cancel current order and find a new dealer? Or find a slightly used one? Or pay ADM?

Not a joke or rhetorical question, I'm asking legitimately.
For me, that's a never. If Ford won't deliver on this reservation, I look at options from other brands.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The whole point of @Ford Motor Company motor company's announced plans so far is to ignore as many price protected orders as possible and deliver Bronco's to dealers at full price.
That is why there has been no mention of price protection past 2023 MY. Undelivered price protected Broncos is money in Fords pocket.
I hope (hope is not a plan) that I am wrong.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, up front I want to say that my order is with a different dealer. While I think the level of communication from Granger is great and commendable, I wonder whether they are continuing to take orders now that the reality is that those orders have no chance of being delivered within the next 2-3 years? And if so, are they communicating that before the order is made?
Nobody is taking new orders right now.

Are you worried that a dealer (that you are not working with) may not communicate effectively (even though they have a proven track record of doing just this) to a prospective buyer (that you don't know) when they go to order (which you can't do right now)?
Advertisement