Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

At what point do you cancel current order and find a new dealer? Or find a slightly used one? Or pay ADM?

Not a joke or rhetorical question, I'm asking legitimately.
The math says you are screwed if you are at a dealership with a couple hundred orders. When Ford released how they were doing MY22 allocation, I cancled my Granger, it was in mid 600 range and completely pointless, you had a better chance of doing a walk in order which I should of tried. Heck I was sitting at about 45 for my current 21 order and I still dont have one, but Ford threw me off a cliff with this Raptor crap.
Sponsored

boltwebster

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you Zach for the info!!

This may not be the place to post this question. I am looking at special ordering a Bronco. I am not a current reservation holder. I realize the order banks have not been opened for 23 new orders.

My question. Will dealer allocation have any bearing on whether I can/will receive a Bronco any time this century? The dealer I've been talking to says that if I special order a Bronco and pick them as the dealer it has nothing to do with their dealer allocation. They say that they have no bearing on when I might receive said Bronco.

If that is true, then does it matter what dealer I use? If dealer allocation is a determining factor does the Bronco have to be ordered by them as part of their allocation? I'm still confused regarding allocation and orders and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ThomasK

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak & 2018 F150 Supercrew Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is our update and outlook on the 2023 model year for all of our existing Bronco reservation holders.

Where we've been: We received a larger piece of the pie for the 2021 model year Broncos and with the allocation changes for 2022, our share of the overall Bronco production was cut significantly. We'll deliver 9 less broncos over the 2022 model year than in 2021 because of these changes.

2021 Model Year Bronco Deliveries - 164
2022 Model Year Bronco Deliveries - 105
Current Broncos with VINS - 50

2023 Bronco Allocation - as posted here, the 2023 Bronco allocation is based on 2 factors, neither of which is the amount of outstanding orders/reservations that the dealership holds.

1 - 50% of it is the share of nation sales for the last 3 yers (this number has gone up for us, but the 3 year average makes it very hard to move).

2 - 50% is based upon the share of nation sales for 2022 model year for Bronco and Bronco Sport. I detailed the decrease in the share of nation sales on Bronco above, but our aggressive discounting on the Bronco sport greatly increased our Bronco Sport sales going from 18 in 2021 model year to 64 in 2022 model year.

Our first month of allocation was 15 Broncos. I was hopefull that the Bronco COVP process would have been a part of the allocation formula, but since Ford made the decision to omit that factor. I would anticipate that 15 number being our typical monthly allocation. I would estimate 150-200 Broncos as our total 2023 allocation. This will put us well short of the 828 outstanding reservations that our dealership currently has.

What does this mean for our reservation holders? I'm still certain that the bronco orders won't be picked up in exact numerical order. Commodity restrictions will determine which Broncos get scheduled. Like in 2021 and 2022, we had some October reservations that were very 'commodity friendly' (think Big Bend, soft top) that got scheduled well before earlier reservations. I would not anticipate there being a very good chance of a reservation being scheduled if you are in the later 60-70% of our reservation holders.

Where do I stand in line? You can check the attached 2023 Bronco PDF and search your reservation number to find the applicable place in line.

How will price protection work for 2023 MY? With the change from one model year to another, Ford has typically applied a direct offer to the customer vehcile as a rebate. This is all the information we have below:
Price Protection.JPG

Will I have price protection for 2024? I believe Ford has stated previously that 2023 is the final year for price protection. This is not something we control, but a Ford corporate decision.

Will you continue to honor your discount? Yes, if you are a reservation holder with us, regardless of when the vehicle is fulfilled (2028 MY Bronco), we will honor our price protection discount on a non-allocation limited trim (ex. no heritage limited, or Bronco Raptor). We feel like its the least we can do for our customers and that discount will be honored at $1000 under invoice or $2000 under invoice depending on when the reservation was placed.

When will I be contacted about my order? We will have our staff prioritize the customers who have the longest held reservations and run through the list. If you'd like to send a Build & Price from Ford's website to [email protected] we can update that for you. We will process all of these orders by the November deadline.

What if I want to cancel my reservation? We certainly understand and can refund back your deposit of $100.

We are still offering 4% under invoice on Jeep Wranglers for anyone that would like to make the switch. You can email [email protected] with a build and price to get started.

This is certainly not what we had envisioned when we initially took reservations and we will do our best to hold up our end of the bargain.

Zach
For clarity Zach, how many of the 164 deliveries for MY21 Broncos and the expected 155 deliveries for MY22 Broncos were pure dealer allocation units that were sold from your lot versus customer orders, whether reservation-converted-to-order or walk-ins?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My question. Will dealer allocation have any bearing on whether I can/will receive a Bronco any time this century? The dealer I've been talking to says that if I special order a Bronco and pick them as the dealer it has nothing to do with their dealer allocation. They say that they have no bearing on when I might receive said Bronco.
Dealers are only allocated x amount of Broncos for the year. There is no special ordering outside of those allocations. A dealers allocations (and the amount of orders they have) is the single biggest factor in determining if you receive your Bronco this year or next. Followed by build constraints. Most dealers will not offer up how many allocations or orders they have.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It appears that the Price Protection has given @Ford Motor Company an incentive to stall as many of those orders as possible. They can then sell those vehicles for their normal profit. As long as their actions appear to be business as usual, there should be no consequences.

No need to build trucks for the forgotten 21 MY order holders, at least not until those pesky price protection policies expire. THEN someone might revisit that allocation policy!
I've thought about this as well, wonder if there is something in the scheduling process that flags a price protected build and it is purposely pushed backed. Or is that chunk of $$ even consequential to FoMoCo in the big scheme of things? I have original PP from '21 but at this point don't give a crap about it, I'd rather have the Bronco so will likely change my build to what I want today which is a 4 door auto SAS with the soft top.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At what point do you cancel current order and find a new dealer? Or find a slightly used one? Or pay ADM?

Not a joke or rhetorical question, I'm asking legitimately.
I was a Stephens order (under invoice offer like Granger), but near the end of the line. When Ford changed the allocation formula last year, I placed a walk in order at a local dealer this January. I realized then that I was screwed and Ford reinforced that with the recent allocation news. Thankfully, my walk in order I placed in January will be here next week. Yeah, I'm paying a little more, but if I stuck with Stephens, I'd likely be a 24.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you Zach for the info!!

This may not be the place to post this question. I am looking at special ordering a Bronco. I am not a current reservation holder. I realize the order banks have not been opened for 23 new orders.

If that is true, then does it matter what dealer I use? If dealer allocation is a determining factor does the Bronco have to be ordered by them as part of their allocation? I'm still confused regarding allocation and orders and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I see a learning curve in someone's future. An a cold shower after believing what "a dealer said". 🤔😂

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ooof....barely in the first 500

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Write or email Ford. Get on Twitter and make some noise. In February we had some good publicity but Ford never officially responded and continues to ignore the most successful Bronco dealers.

On Twitter we are using #FordBronco #ReservationsOverAllocations and #DudeWheresMyBronco. You can use the tiny URL https://t.co/KlI8r0JpE8 to link to the Bloomberg article. Tweet to @Ford @mrlevine @SarahHolm @jimfarley98

Here is contact info for several relevant Ford execs.

Jim Azzouz
Director, Customer Experience
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Elena Ford
Chief Customer Experience Officer
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Frederiek Toney
Vice President Global Ford Customer Service Division
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Chief Executive
Jim Farley
President and CEO
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
(313) 322-3000
[email protected]

Sarah Holm
Manager, Digital & Social Media Communications
1 American Rd
Dearborn, Michigan, 48126
Twitter @SarahHolm
THIS RIGHT HERE!!! I wish everyone that has a reservation with @Zach@Granger would burn them up with emails. I wish Zach could forward this to everyone on his list. I am afraid if he did, Ford would get their panties in a wad and make it worse for them.
I feel for all of you that have not gotten your Broncos yet. It is an absolute joy and you will love it when you get it. I know people say it is worth the wait, but Ford is being ridiculous about all this. In one statement they say that they are going to do the reserved first, then they changed to doing them for "the big dealers", then they say they are going to get all the reservations done no later than 2023 models, then they only allocate a few to the smaller dealers. My dealer had 7 original reservations and still has not had them all built.
Come on @Ford Motor Company, get your stuff together and get these reservations done. No amount of crap in the mail is going to make it OK that you treat the die hard fans like crap.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How does Granger set or determine priority codes?
Priority codes up to this point on Broncos haven't mattered, its about reservation timestamp. On other lines priority codes are set by date of the order. Oldest to newest.
Thank you, Granger Ford. I maybe don't completely understand your system. I have from you a signed order dated 10/21/21. with a reservation number and an order number statused at 19. I seemed to have dropped appx. 250 positions to #603. This is a base two door quatch. Who would I email that info to at Granger. Thanks again for being so open and honest.
email [email protected] The discrepancy is now that the reservation number now integrates all of our reservations, not just the ones converted to orders as before.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger You've mentioned it briefly in your initial post. But there has been wrong information coming from Samantha regarding PP. She is still repeating the MY'22.5 PP policy where a change to an order eliminated PP. With the most recent communication in the MY'23 Order Holder FAQ, it is clear that changes to an order and switching trims does NOT negate PP. PP is even eligible for the Standard Heritage and Everglades models. The amount of the cert. will be based on the build prior to 3/11/22.
1663881516933.png

1663881426212.png
Yes, I don't think we've seen the explanation in detail on the 23, so she's just passed on the most recent 22.5 information she has at this point.
@Zach@Granger Is this the rendering for your updated dealership? If so, what’s the timeline?

46ABB141-2631-42A2-A423-1553BC34EA57.jpeg
No, I have to spend a bunch of money on Charging stations it sounds like. :)

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This has got to be causing a lot of stress to order holders that were told they'd be pushed back to 2023 now looking at prospective 2024 orders.

@Zach@Granger - At least you're decent enough to keep people informed.

How is this affecting your Bronco Sport allocations? My wife is interested in one and she has a birthday coming up.
We have plenty of available Bronco Sport allocations.
@Zach@Granger any update for those of us that have a raptor “golden ticket” (if that’s what they want to call it)? Day one reservation, 99’d to get the painted MOD top, when that wasn’t happening reordered with same day one time stamp and then accepted the offer of a Raptor golden ticket. Any thoughts on likelihood of seeing a Raptor In 2023?
We will re-order those as 2023s. I believe all but 1 or 2 of our 2022 allocations will roll to 2023. So most of them did not get picked up.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger how many 99s have or do you expect to roll off?
I would imagine our attrition rate of 99s would be the same or higher than last year because of the wait. So Probably 40-50% of our overall orders will fall out leaving 400-500 "real" orders.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website