Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Cadillac XTS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I thought the FAQ's made it sound like changing my order from a 2.7 Auto to a 2.3 manual was not one of the changes that would impact price protection, I contacted Samantha at Granger and she informed me that Ford still hasn't provided sufficient clarity for her to assure me there would be no impact on price protection for such a change.

I also inquired about price protection if I switched my order to a Heritage edition, as encouraged by the email from Ford which said to work with your dealer on this, and Samantha again informed me that Ford still hasn't provided clarity on this either.

So Ford is asking us to convert our 22's to 23's without all the information necessary if we want to make a change, including a change to a Heritage edition as suggested by Ford's email. I have to agree with others here who are saying that Ford doesn't really care about those of us who, at Ford's encouragement, made an early commitment to a Bronco, nor do they care about a dealer like Granger that worked hard to promote the Bronco to a nationwide group of purchasers.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah they are like number nine in the USA. Akins Ford in Winder, GA. Maybe an hour from the Atlanta airport with no traffic (lol). However, they are about 90 minutes from my house.

My original plan was to fly to Iowa and drive home. I was shocked when I received the production email in July that the Akins build was pulled.

As much as I love Granger, I ended up paying the extra $3.5k in sticker. I reserved when my daughter was 10, she likely would have a learner's permit if I waited for the Granger allocation.
Did you have them apply your PP certificate? The Granger order triggers the eligibility for PP, but the certificate is not tied to the reservation/order ID. All that is required is to match your name with the certificate on file and that you take delivery of a current MY Bronco.

After the news of allocation for MY'22 was announced along with the miscommunication that one could transfer their order (Hint: You can't), I placed an order with Bill Brown. Received my VIN 6 weeks after MY'22 Job1 and took delivery in the spring. Dealer applied the PP certificate on file in Smart Vincent.

For anyone else at the back of the line with the realization that PP will expire before you can use it, put a new order in at a high allocation dealership while keeping your Granger order active. Once you take delivery, you can choose to cancel the Granger order. You may not get the deal that Granger was offering, but you will still get some money off MSRP based on the PP cert. value.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I thought the FAQ's made it sound like changing my order from a 2.7 Auto to a 2.3 manual was not one of the changes that would impact price protection, I contacted Samantha at Granger and she informed me that Ford still hasn't provided sufficient clarity for her to assure me there would be no impact on price protection for such a change.

I also inquired about price protection if I switched my order to a Heritage edition, as encouraged by the email from Ford which said to work with your dealer on this, and Samantha again informed me that Ford still hasn't provided clarity on this either.

So Ford is asking us to convert our 22's to 23's without all the information necessary if we want to make a change, including a change to a Heritage edition as suggested by Ford's email. I have to agree with others here who are saying that Ford doesn't really care about those of us who, at Ford's encouragement, made an early commitment to a Bronco, nor do they care about a dealer like Granger that worked hard to promote the Bronco to a nationwide group of purchasers.
Zach mentioned it yesterday about PP and the fact that Samantha and others on staff are still repeating the MY'22.5 PP policy. And while they claim there isn't enough clarity to the communication on PP, it seems pretty clear that changes to an order or even switching to the Standard HE won't negate PP. How much it changes it, we don't know.

MY'23 Order Holder's FAQ

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I test drove a Wrangler Sahara 4xe this afternoon and was very impressed. They said the order of what I wanted would take about 3 months. I haven't pulled the trigger with them because they were talking ADM while another nearby dealer is happy to sell at invoice. Will check with Granger Jeep but a winter trip to Iowa for pickup may not be worth the cost saving. I'll hang onto the Bronco order and keep updating it. If I don't buy it in 2025+ I'll let Granger sell it. At this point Ford has lost a customer for life.
I think you would be wise to check with Zach. According to the news lately, Jeeps are commanding more ADM than most vehicles. You might be pleasantly surprised at how much 3% below invoice can be compared to 10k ADM over MSRP. It’s a Jeep, winter driving is a pleasure, not a concern.

Also, I would be nice if people buying another vehicle could somehow put themselves at the back of the line if really not interested in it anymore. Perhaps you can 99 again after the November deadline.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have them apply your PP certificate? The Granger order triggers the eligibility for PP, but the certificate is not tied to the reservation/order ID. All that is required is to match your name with the certificate on file and that you take delivery of a current MY Bronco.

After the news of allocation for MY'22 was announced along with the miscommunication that one could transfer their order (Hint: You can't), I placed an order with Bill Brown. Received my VIN 6 weeks after MY'22 Job1 and took delivery in the spring. Dealer applied the PP certificate on file in Smart Vincent.

For anyone else at the back of the line with the realization that PP will expire before you can use it, put a new order in at a high allocation dealership while keeping your Granger order active. Once you take delivery, you can choose to cancel the Granger order. You may not get the deal that Granger was offering, but you will still get some money off MSRP based on the PP cert. value.
I payed whatever MSRP was at the time of order, rate hike in March(?) did not effect me.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I payed whatever MSRP was at the time of order, rate hike in March(?) did not effect me.
Well, at least you have a Bronco. But you left money on the table or rather the dealer never bothered to check Smart Vincent for any private offers in your name. Either way, you can get off this roller-coaster and get out on the trails.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^^^^ think they meant 7179 as the order number.

Are you saying by ordering a second Bronco, I could use my price protection from the first Bronco?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you saying by ordering a second Bronco, I could use my price protection from the first Bronco?
The way i understand it, price protection is tied to your name, not the Bronco reservation/order number.

edit: i should add, i used to think it was tied to my order too. But have been given information by someone who used it on a walk in order.

Last edited:

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The way i understand it, price protection is tied to your name, not the Bronco reservation/order number.
That's interesting as I am getting a second bronco soon, which I ordered last December, while my original Bronco was moved to 23.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That's interesting as I am getting a second bronco soon, which I ordered last December, while my original Bronco was moved to 23.
Yes, so use your PP on this one instead of the ‘23 in case the ‘23 slips to ‘24!

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, so use your PP on this one instead of the ‘23 in case the ‘23 slips to ‘24!
Do you know if this PP includes the voucher for the modular bumper?
Who should I ask for confirmation about it? Ford chat? My second dealer? I want to confirm it before dropping the first order. And what about additional points? Can I still get it, or it's an additional story?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. I don't know how to make it clearer. My Grange-tober reservation/order is in the 700s. Won't see it until 2025 or later. Realized it when the MY'22 allocations were conveyed. Place a new order and used the PP on record for my MY'22 Black Diamond. I have other orders where I'm nearer the front. I'll update all orders and the Grange-tober order will trigger another PP cert for MY'23 which I'll use at a different dealer. As long as I don't undergo a name change, the cert can be applied on ANY current MY Bronco. It doesn't have to be ordered. Find an abandoned order where no ADM is being charged? Make the deal and have the dealer search for your name in Smart Vincent and apply it to the sale.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you know if this PP includes the voucher for the modular bumper?
Who should I ask for confirmation about it? Ford chat? My second dealer? I want to confirm it before dropping the first order. And what about additional points? Can I still get it, or it's an additional story?
I don't know the how the values for MY'23 will be calculated. I expect it to compensate for standard features on the trim you ordered compared to the next MY standard features on the same trim. For MY'21 --> MY'22, we know the BD and BL had a larger certificate value as it accounted for the modular bumper that was standard on MY'21 BD/BL trims. For MY'22, the capable bumper was standard. For MY'23, the capable bumper is standard so orders that are optioning the modular bumper even if it is carried forward from MY'21 may not see compensation for the value of the bumper. Just my 2 cents.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I don't know how to make it clearer. My Grange-tober reservation/order is in the 700s. Won't see it until 2025 or later. Realized it when the MY'22 allocations were conveyed. Place a new order and used the PP on record for my MY'22 Black Diamond. I have other orders where I'm nearer the front. I'll update all orders and the Grange-tober order will trigger another PP cert for MY'23 which I'll use at a different dealer. As long as I don't undergo a name change, the cert can be applied on ANY current MY Bronco. It doesn't have to be ordered. Find an abandoned order where no ADM is being charged? Make the deal and have the dealer search for your name in Smart Vincent and apply it to the sale.
so I just need to ask my second dealer for searching this certificate and use it? Will try! Thanks!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey now, have you seen some of those grocery store parking lots!

I'm closer now than I have been in 2 years and Ford is finally (hopefully) going to give me a white top but I make no pretense that my Bronco will see more than a trail over its life with me so look out Publix I'm coming thru!
I hear ya - people have varied relationships with risk aversion. But you'll have an opportunity (if your Bronco ever arrives), to make some interesting stories. Consider putting a few dents in the skid plate!

"Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, and even gruesome, may make a good tale, and take a deal of telling anyway." - J.R.R. Tolkien (The Hobbit)
Sponsored