Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well said!

I'm a first time new Ford buyer, only thing I've been lucky with is that I was 99d waiting on white top and didn't need the Bronco so I wasn't stressing the wait.

Now that I'll finally have a buildable order in the system and the stated availability of what I originally wanted 2 years ago I expect @Ford Motor Company to fix this mess not only for me but for all of us loyal Granger and Ford customers.

It's been said that reservation holders would be taken care of in MY22 and now we're rolling to MY23 with early reservations still on Grangers' books. Going off of Zachs numbers there's 600 orders that will go unfilled, that's potentially $30 million dollars in lost sales for Ford. If doing the right thing for your customers doesn't sway you then maybe the bottom line of doing it will.
Ford won’t lose any sales as they’re just reallocating their production to their top dealers in an effort to keep them happy. If their top dealers were actually good dealerships, they would have the most reservations, which they don’t. IMHO, it’s shortsighted at best as they’re not rewarding those dealerships that do their jobs better. The only thing Ford has clearly demonstrated time and again throughout this entire process is that they are not a company that can be trusted. At this point, it’s shame on us for believing what they say and / or put in writing, which is a pretty sad thing. Fool me once……
Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well said!

I'm a first time new Ford buyer, only thing I've been lucky with is that I was 99d waiting on white top and didn't need the Bronco so I wasn't stressing the wait.

Now that I'll finally have a buildable order in the system and the stated availability of what I originally wanted 2 years ago I expect @Ford Motor Company to fix this mess not only for me but for all of us loyal Granger and Ford customers.

It's been said that reservation holders would be taken care of in MY22 and now we're rolling to MY23 with early reservations still on Grangers' books. Going off of Zachs numbers there's 600 orders that will go unfilled, that's potentially $30 million dollars in lost sales for Ford. If doing the right thing for your customers doesn't sway you then maybe the bottom line of doing it will.
The way Ford looks at it they are not lost sales because they will sell every Bronco they can make. Not filling reservations is actually a money saver for them because they don't have to honor the price protection they promised. No doubt some Ford executive bean counter figured this out some time ago and made a nice little PowerPoint presentation showing how much Ford could save by pushing people to 2024 and then ending the price protection. When it comes up they'll claim they were more than generous by noting they honored price protection all the way through 2023. That's true but it ignores the fact that they avoided the cost of price protection by simply not filling most of those orders. As others have noted they really don't seem to care about the person buying the Bronco and clearly don't care about the long term impact of what they're doing.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Going off of Zachs numbers there's 600 orders that will go unfilled, that's potentially $30 million dollars in lost sales for Ford. If doing the right thing for your customers doesn't sway you then maybe the bottom line of doing it will.
@Ford Motor Company logic would conclude the there are 600 orders we can ignore and loose but make $3 million dollars in the process. Must seem like a BIG win to them.
They should brag about that earnings increase in their quarterly report @F.
Not to mention the extra profit in the pockets of the top 100 dealers who get to pocket an extra $60 grand in ADM. Probably will save them from financial ruin?!

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

#781? So prob not for 2023 then?
I’d say 99% certainty, no. But… If you have a build like Big bend, soft top, 2.3l, and no tow, you have a shot.

Sponsored

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some dealers will deduct the mid-year price increase at the time of sale and will carry the discrepancy on their books until Ford issues the credit.
Note that if you pay the higher price up front, and the dealer (eventually) reimburses you the retail price protection then you end up paying sales tax on the higher amount (for states with sales tax).

So, not only are you waiting to get your $2000 back, you ended up paying an extra $156 in taxes. (do the math for your location)

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company logic would conclude the there are 600 orders we can ignore and loose but make $3 million dollars in the process. Must seem like a BIG win to them.
They should brag about that earnings increase in their quarterly report @F.
Not to mention the extra profit in the pockets of the top 100 dealers who get to pocket an extra $60 grand in ADM. Probably will save them from financial ruin?!
Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Allocation is Based on These 2 Factors 22039824-D5D6-4041-A7EA-A6C22111DDB2

The figures you just stated don’t even move the needle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Priority codes up to this point on Broncos haven't mattered, its about reservation timestamp. On other lines priority codes are set by date of the order. Oldest to newest.

email [email protected] The discrepancy is now that the reservation number now integrates all of our reservations, not just the ones converted to orders as before.
I saw Long McArthur was told to put a priority code 10 on all existing orders and once live ordering takes place the new orders will get the 19 so Ford knows which to pull first and a new order won't jump the whole list.

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One last point, perhaps Ford was blindsided by the popularity, perhaps the pandemic disrupted the supply chain, and perhaps they even had labor shortages...

Sure, I can accept that, but they have had 2 YEARS of production to figure out what to do about it and have not solved the issue. They have understood that they had a problem since July 2020!

What did they think, that demand was just going to vaporize for quite possibly the hottest new vehicle of the early 2020's? I have never met anyone who could get that high!
Ford changed the rules and really screwed themselves. Should have honored the initial reservation process. Perhaps, they could have shut it down much earlier but should have kept their word.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Allocation is Based on These 2 Factors FB_IMG_1652832422976

The figures you just stated don’t even move the needle.
And a very good point: WHY does @Ford Motor Company continue punishing dealers like Granger and their customers? So much terrible customer experience over some 2 year old complaints from the ADM leadership.
The ADM dealers are burning customers to the ground and suffer no consequences. Seems like Ford corporate policy is comfortable with terrible customer experiences.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford won’t lose any sales as they’re just reallocating their production to their top dealers in an effort to keep them happy. If their top dealers were actually good dealerships, they would have the most reservations, which they don’t. IMHO, it’s shortsighted at best as they’re not rewarding those dealerships that do their jobs better. The only thing Ford has clearly demonstrated time and again throughout this entire process is that they are not a company that can be trusted. At this point, it’s shame on us for believing what they say and / or put in writing, which is a pretty sad thing. Fool me once……
Ford has demonstrated that they are putting the customer last on numerous occasions with this roll out… but what automaker does actually cater to the customer? Not defending, just curious so I know where else to look lol

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has demonstrated that they are putting the customer last on numerous occasions with this roll out… but what automaker does actually cater to the customer? Not defending, just curious so I know where else to look lol
As it relates to Broncos, the bar is about as low as it gets in terms of Ford's behavior, which they can control unlike the supply chain. Catering would be something of a stretch goal to put it mildly for Ford. Starting with the basics like honesty and communication would probably good first steps. I think it's pretty safe to say that Ford has been lying to their customers and this covers both the individuals trying to buy Broncos and the dealerships selling them. Ford has told both time and again what they're going to do and how things will work only to later go back on what they've said. And yes, they've put it in writing time and again too. I suspect some of the luxury / foreign car builders are more willing and able to "cater" to their clients, especially some of the brands based in countries that put a high value on reputation as saving face as they say.
Sponsored