Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

She said the same thing to me when I submitted my order for '23, since I didn't stay Badlands. The next day I had the emails confirming my order.

I had been doing a lot of back and forth with my thoughts as to what I wanted to put in as my order.

I thought about going back to Wildtrak because Hoss 3.0 is now standard and having the updated & beefier steering components would be nice.

The Heritage was a serious consideration, but my gut is telling me I'd be cemented into the 'not-built-again-in 2023' club because of where I sit in line, it's late availability, possible high amount of people switching to it, and the unknown status of the modular top.

In the end, I ended up rolling a dice and my Black Diamond build won the roll and that's what I submitted. :LOL:
What did you switch too?
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It's clearly stated in the FAQs that switching to a Heritage or Everglades does not eliminate price protection.

I just finally changed and submitted my '23 order today (not Granger). Got the update email from Ford immediately. But if I log into my Ford account, it shows the same as you "ordering with dealer" . When I go to the back door tracker, it shows the new build with all the specs and "place order" as "complete" with a big green checkmark. I'd look there and see what it says for you.
Thanks, it shows completed but it's for a base BD, not the standard HE that I sent Samantha and signed so I'm going to reach out to her now and see what's up.

@Zach@Granger Are there issues with standard HE ordering???

Eldo21

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3P, Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't worry, Ford is going to do the right thing and make sure that they take care of all the roll over MY22 orders and MY23 reservation holders.

Right, @Ford Motor Company?
This made me laugh. It’s almost as funny as when Ford said they would build broncos in the order they were reserved. I have a 7/14 reservation and just met someone with my exact build who ordered almost a year after me… go figure.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Black Diamond with 2.7, Sasquatch and Mid package in Velocity Blue.
That's what I'm switching from ... If they'd offered the white top a la carte I would have kept it.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's what I'm switching from ... If they'd offered the white top a la carte I would have kept it.
I had really considered the Standard Heritage, but after we found out that the Black modular top won't be coming in '23, I reached out to Anderson Composites out of curiosity, since they've teased a top for the moar door.

They got back to me and said that they will be making a top for the 2Dr and it will be available in 2023. They plan to offer their tops, both 4Dr & 2Dr, in primer, black and white.

It basically made me pick out my favorite builds I saved and roll a dice to see which one would be the lucky candidate to submit. The Black Diamond won. :LOL:

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I go to the back door tracker, it shows the new build with all the specs and "place order" as "complete" with a big green checkmark. I'd look there and see what it says for you.
So I am going to assume that when it says complete, that includes COVP?

I am also assuming, that my best chance of getting scheduled is probably now... before all of the people who have dragged their feet, rage quit, or ordered a late availability configuration bound ahead of me at Granger.

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Here is our update and outlook on the 2023 model year for all of our existing Bronco reservation holders.

When will I be contacted about my order? We will have our staff prioritize the customers who have the longest held reservations and run through the list. If you'd like to send a Build & Price from Ford's website to [email protected] we can update that for you. We will process all of these orders by the November deadline.

Zach

From the answer above and from a sentence in Samantha's email

After we receive everything listed above, we will update your order in WBDO and send you an order summary including your under invoice offer to e-sign through Eversign. This may take a few weeks due to the sheer volume of orders.
it appears that some scheduling rounds can be missed by not having the process finished sooner.

Sponsored

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Probably some stupid questions... but...
1. If I am understanding this correctly, as they are actively starting to order/build MY23 but haven't closed off orders yet.. those of us that put in our orders now could potentially be built ahead of those who have not officially ordered MY23 yet? (I am in the low 200's at Granger, hence the question).. and...
2. How do allocations really work in as far as what can be built? Does Granger send in all 800 orders (in order) and Ford decides what gets built when (based off commodities)? (and presumably when Granger's allocation is done, Ford stops pulling from that list?) - Yes, I understand how allocations work.. just not the back end of how the vehicle actually makes it to the assembly line to get pulled...

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Probably some stupid questions... but...
1. If I am understanding this correctly, as they are actively starting to order/build MY23 but haven't closed off orders yet.. those of us that put in our orders now could potentially be built ahead of those who have not officially ordered MY23 yet? (I am in the low 200's at Granger, hence the question).. and...
2. How do allocations really work in as far as what can be built? Does Granger send in all 800 orders (in order) and Ford decides what gets built when (based off commodities)? (and presumably when Granger's allocation is done, Ford stops pulling from that list?) - Yes, I understand how allocations work.. just not the back end of how the vehicle actually makes it to the assembly line to get pulled...
1. Yes, until your order is no longer in a 99 priority status, others could be pulled ahead of you, and while I am not hoping to be pulled ahead of you or anyone else in particular, I certainly will accept the fact that some people are ok with not being built early 2023 for a variety of reasons to include late availability models, lack of enthusiasm to convert, and just rage quitting the process.

2. Only orders in a status other than 99 are considered with regards to what will be built typically. The way it is intended to work is that Ford intends to provide x number of cars for a particular months allocation to the dealer. The orders are evaluated with the lowest priority number first (starting with priority 1), then priority 2, and so on until priority whatever. Typically customer orders are 10-19 and dealer stock are above that number. As Ford looks at the priority 10 orders, it determines based on commodities whether or not a particular vehicle can or cannot be built. If it can be built, it is in the preview queue to be potentially scheduled for production; if not, it is passed over and the next vehicle order at that priority is evaluated. This is repeated again at the next higher priority level.

So for instance, if a priority 10 Sasquatch package OBX cannot be built due to a lack of Sasquatch HOSS 2.0 shocks, but a priority 19 WildTrak HOSS 3.0 can be built because the Fox shocks are available, then the OBX is not previewed/scheduled and the WildTrak HOSS 3.0 is scheduled. It can get very convoluted as many builds are being queued up simultaneously, and as builds are selected others could be potentially bumped out of the preview queue as available parts dwindle while the algorithm does its magic. There are probably many more factors than I am aware of or describing in the process above; but in general, this appears roughly how the process "works".

Anyone else can feel free to correct any inaccuracies that certainly are above, this is just my impression/opinion on how the system works grossly.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The orders are evaluated with the lowest priority number first (starting with priority 1), then priority 2, and so on until priority whatever. Typically customer orders are 10-19 and dealer stock are above that number. As Ford looks at the priority 10 orders, it determines based on commodities whether or not a particular vehicle can or cannot be built. If it can be built, it is in the preview queue to be potentially scheduled for production; if not, it is passed over and the next vehicle order at that priority is evaluated. This is repeated again at the next higher priority level.
Zach has stated that priority codes with regards to the Bronco do not matter and 10-19 are treated the same with timestamp being the first sorting factor. At least this was the case in MY21 & MY22 and no reason to suspect it has changed for MY23.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Allocation is Based on These 2 Factors Screenshot_20221004-194157

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Allocation is Based on These 2 Factors Screenshot_20221004-194129

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Zach has stated that priority codes with regards to the Bronco do not matter and 10-19 are treated the same with timestamp being the first sorting factor. At least this was the case in MY21 & MY22 and no reason to suspect it has changed for MY23.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Allocation is Based on These 2 Factors Screenshot_20221004-194129

I agree, but I suspect, that at some point, the priority codes will matter. They may not have mattered in the past or perhaps they didn't appear to matter at Granger due to the complex interaction between constraints and priority (these can conflict in very odd ways and would be highly dependent on the algorithms).

Let's assume that Granger coded all orders at 19 in MY22 unless they had a "special customer" in order to keep things generally fair and in order of timestamp, they would have little idea whether or not priority 10 mattered, even if a handful were priority 10, it would be hard to know for sure because of all the constraint issues.

I guarantee that any priority 1 VIP order or zone rep order went to the head of the line provided constraints didn't interfere (and even then, probably still got built). Like I said, I don't have access into the system like Zach, and I don't think that he would mislead us in any way (certainly not intentionally). I do think that some aspects of the algorithm even leave him scratching his head too.

We shall see in the near future.... but if priority code doesn't matter, please @Zach@Granger, code my order as priority 10 - Because although it doesn't matter, I am happy to be a guinea pig for science.
Sponsored