Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still no order guides, but just got this from our zone rep:

"Wholesale is now open. Bronco allocations will have to be manually entered, so as soon as I get them I will, I will punch them in for you"

Since these will be 2023's so order guides must be coming soon. Now the big question, will Mod tops be available at Job 1 or mid year?

EDIT---- 9/1/22 my wholesale does now show Bronco allocation so dealers should now know first months allocation.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still no order guides, but just got this from our zone rep:

"Wholesale is now open. Bronco allocations will have to be manually entered, so as soon as I get them I will, I will punch them in for you"

Since these will be 2023's so order guides must be coming soon. Now the big question, will Mod tops be available at Job 1 or mid year?
I think based on the dealer production preview that was posted last week that any Mod tops are going to the REB Heritage Limited and availability of the black mod top will be post J2.

What I want to see is how much the Everglades is pared down and whether price will stay the same with the MY'22 standard features now costing more as options for MY'23 to "hide" the price increase or whether Ford will increase the base of the Everglades while also charging more for options that were standard. While they are at it, there is no reason to only limit the Everglades to the Moar Door other than the rear seats and the unique MGV interior. I would love to see a 2-dr Everglades.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was already leaked that MOD tops are "late availability."

Edit. Any news on the MY23 allocation formula??

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco allocations starting! 1661777873123
Nothing specifically mentioned for Bronco, but Ford just ended the COVP program after 22 models, this was extra allocation for retail orders.

They told us that we're going to a 12 month sales history to base allocation on. Also there is an availability factor in Ford's allocation system. The availability is based on how many you have vs what you should, if you have more than you should you'll get 0 from this portion of allocation (but still can get from the sales portion), if you have less than you should you might get additional allocation from this pool, this means not letting them sit on the lot will help get more.

Again Bronco wasn't specifically mentioned in the meeting, but I believe it will be in the same system since Fords realignment of regional personnel will mean much less time spent on allocations, sounds like its going to be simple math and things will remain short on all lines so everyone will likely take every piece of allocation.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought for 23 there was t an allocation formula, but that previous order holders were prioritized

Sponsored

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Glad I went with the Raptor, I would be waiting until mid 2023 for a modular hardtop.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought for 23 there was t an allocation formula, but that previous order holders were prioritized
Nothing has been announced on allocation, but they did say no new retail orders to start, order bank will just be for existing orders and reservation holders to start, just like 22 has been the last few months, but there will still be allocation, if a dealer has one and doesn't' have a retail order, he'll get a stock one. Won't affect total numbers, but will make sure that the harder options will all go to old orders since retails get the commodities first, stock will all be the leftover options.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think based on the dealer production preview that was posted last week that any Mod tops are going to the REB Heritage Limited and availability of the black mod top will be post J2.
Yes, this was what I was referring to. Shadow Black Mod Top are late availability along with any Dual Tops. But the interpretation of the one bullet point was the basis of my response to Nathan.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco allocations starting! 1661781495059

The "Std." in parenthesis I interpret that to be the standard Heritage Edition being late availability (post J2). Which would mean that every mod top for J1 will be for the Heritage Limited in Robin's Egg Blue. We know that REB will be built before switching to Yellowstone on the HE Limited. Ford isn't going to park the REB Broncos until June of next year.

But anyone ordering the standard HE will be pushed to J2. I would wager that anyone ordering a standard HE will take priority over any standard trim wanting a shadow black HT. I would even double-down and say that the shadow black HT will be vaporware for MY'23 and anyone optioning it will be pushed to MY'24.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco allocations starting! 1661781495059
So for those of us who have been waiting over two years for the promised white painted mod top on regular trims, no bueno.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What ford should do is factor in time from delivery to sale

so that by default would stop the adm where it sits on the lot
On other lines they already do, I expect the same system will be in place on Bronco now, its not from delivery to sale, but from allocation to sale (Available units), so one on chip hold can screw a dealer. This only applies to part of the allocation (usually 40% but has varied over the years), but is how a dealer can gain allocation over time.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What are peoples thoughts on getting a standard 2 door Heritage before a loaded 2 door Badlands based on constraints? This waiting and not having any light on the horizon is getting old. It doesn’t sound like the chip situation is going to get better anytime soon.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So for those of us who have been waiting over two years for the promised white painted mod top on regular trims, no bueno.
Post up a trade thread - people always want what they can't get or something different from stock. Someone ordering a Heritage will not want the white top it comes with, I guarantee it.
Sponsored