Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Westy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty cool to see sound deadening headliners taken away when it was originally a make-up for poor design dressed up as a ā€œgood faith extraā€ for those of us whoā€™ve been waiting forever. Awesome.
Huh?

Whatā€™s that about sound deadening being taken away? Sorry, Iā€™ve kind of stopped paying attention after two years but was checking back in cuz I love self abuseā€¦ what did I miss?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Huh?

Whatā€™s that about sound deadening being taken away? Sorry, Iā€™ve kind of stopped paying attention after two years but was checking back in cuz I love self abuseā€¦ what did I miss?
Endless delays, empty promises and more late availability, same old, same old, you did not miss a thing.

trenttrizzy

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Huh?

Supposedly free sound deadening headliners are on the list of things that wonā€™t come standard with 2023s, even tho we were promised them for waiting forever.

Max1h

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-150, 1968 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

slycat67

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Westy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Supposedly free sound deadening headliners are on the list of things that wonā€™t come standard with 2023s, even tho we were promised them for waiting forever.
ok, about par for this course.

Off to work on some more self abuse. Iā€™ll maybe check back in 90 days or so. I hear the holidays are a good time to be depressedā€¦

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, just to reinforce the obvious, a reservation doesn't mean anything to Ford, a converted reservation to an order still doesn't mean anything to Ford, Dealer Allocation means everything and without that, you ain't getting a Bronco, then priority matters, then commodities matter.

You could have the first reservation ever, but if you are priority 19, and 300 other later reservations are priority 10 or lower, you ain't getting a Bronco. At least not in 2023.

For instance, I have a priority 19 order at Granger, mid 2021 reservation #800 initially or so, re-ordered on 25 Sept 2021, for a 2022 Bronco... Doesn't matter that my reservation, order date, or priority; Granger only had 200 allocated to them for the whole year. I am now about #425 in line due to attrition, purchases, etc. Do you think that I will see a 2023 Bronco... LOL. Nope!

Meanwhile, there are people who put orders in March 2022 (with no reservation) who are already driving their Broncos (including HOSS 3.0 WildTrak orders).

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, just to reinforce the obvious, a reservation doesn't mean anything to Ford, a converted reservation to an order still doesn't mean anything to Ford, Dealer Allocation means everything and without that, you ain't getting a Bronco, then priority matters, then commodities matter.

You could have the first reservation ever, but if you are priority 19, and 300 other later reservations are priority 10 or lower, you ain't getting a Bronco. At least not in 2023.

For instance, I have a priority 19 order at Granger, mid 2021 reservation #800 initially or so, re-ordered on 25 Sept 2021, for a 2022 Bronco... Doesn't matter that my reservation, order date, or priority; Granger only had 200 allocated to them for the whole year. I am now about #425 in line due to attrition, purchases, etc. Do you think that I will see a 2023 Bronco... LOL. Nope!

Meanwhile, there are people who put orders in March 2022 (with no reservation) who are already driving their Broncos (including HOSS 3.0 WildTrak orders).
I have stated in the past that the only real constraint was allocation. I should never had received a VIN in January of this year for a brand new order with no reservation at another dealer with the MIC and Tow package if we are to believe in the constraints. But here I am with my Black Diamond parked in the garage while my Grange-tober reservation/order won't be built until MY'25.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

COVP is for the other lines (Customer order verification program, uploaded DL and signed paperwork and we got extra allocations for those units, it excluded Bronco and specialty units), Bronco was different, but I think it's a safe bet that reservations won't play a factor in allocations, I've heard NOTHING, so this is just my opinion, I I think that allocations will either be the same formula as 2022 was, or they'll go to the formula that all the other lines use. Now that there is sales history to base allocations on, that wasn't there in 2021. All the other lines are Sales history and Availability for allocations, my bet is that Bronco will be sales/availability as that will be simple so all lines will use the same formula.

Ok I might be reading this wrong. You have here that COVP is not for the Bronco. I have read other threads in this forum, one from "the ford video guy" and some others from dealers and they said that Ford was going to use the COVP with the Bronc. I am not saying you are wrong I am just trying to understand what is going to happen here and the way I read your post I don't think I will ever get a Bronco. I am not at a large dealer, not many allocations, last year I think they have received 5 or 6 and the way I read this it sounds like my order may get passed over all year again like it was last year.

:unsure:

Last edited:
OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confusing to me now. Bronco was under reservations, COVP was for other lines (and fresh 22 Bronco orders before the order bank was closed). COVP and Bronco reservations have a separate name match policy and don't count together, each is its own so I consider them different.

That said, tonight's email from Bronco team is referring to reservations using the term COVP, so its now clear as mud.

• Sept 19 23MY Order Guide published
  • Sept 21 Begin updating 23MY retail orders (COVP), non-retail order bank opens & Order Holder email w/ CTA
  • Sept 28 Begin converting Unconverted Reservations to orders & Reservation Holder email
  • Early Oct 23MY scheduling begins
  • Oct 24 Order / Reservation Email Reminder #1 - COVP deadline is 11/21
  • Nov 7 Order / Reservation Email Reminder #2 - COVP Deadline is 11/21
  • Nov 21 COVP Ends - all Reservations must be converted and orders updated to buildable

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Confusing to me now. Bronco was under reservations, COVP was for other lines (and fresh 22 Bronco orders before the order bank was closed). COVP and Bronco reservations have a separate name match policy and don't count together, each is its own so I consider them different.

That said, tonight's email from Bronco team is referring to reservations using the term COVP, so its now clear as mud.

• Sept 19 23MY Order Guide published
  • Sept 21 Begin updating 23MY retail orders (COVP), non-retail order bank opens & Order Holder email w/ CTA
  • Sept 28 Begin converting Unconverted Reservations to orders & Reservation Holder email
  • Early Oct 23MY scheduling begins
  • Oct 24 Order / Reservation Email Reminder #1 - COVP deadline is 11/21
  • Nov 7 Order / Reservation Email Reminder #2 - COVP Deadline is 11/21
  • Nov 21 COVP Ends - all Reservations must be converted and orders updated to buildable

I get it, it is a fluid situation, and believe me I know how shit can change. ;)

COVP or name match policy is my only hope to get attention to my order. They tried it with mine last year with just an e-mail and I am still not built.

When I reordered from 21 push, I received conformation. Then a month later my dealer asked for my e-mail again, said he just wanted to make sure it is right. OK but then a few days later, I received an odd email from Ford saying how "Your journey now begins" o_O Now begins hell it had been on order with conformation before my re-order. I'm thinking what kind of shady shit this is.

Over then next few days I had seen on the forum here others post about this e-mail but nothing ever came of it. Then when the COVP policy for the Bronco was posted, just a few weeks ago, I read a post about how Ford tried to match e-mail with order to get it build but that program did not work. So I must have been part of that attempt........ "journey begins now". :unsure: I could be wrong but it all seems to make sense now.

So now I hope it will work because they are using the COVP from other programs, that it was successful with, for Bronco order holders to get them built before new orders come in.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By my definition, reservation was something the customer did and put a deposit through Ford so Ford didn't have to verify that it was a legit customer.

COVP is done by the dealer, we upload a signed purchase order, WBDO screen and photo ID and it gets approved. Main reason for this was on other lines, COVP orders got allocation even if over your amount. Bronco's were to be COVP's for new retail orders (not reservations), but I didn't submit mine since it didn't get allocation (or ordering rebate like some lines) and that didn't affect scheduling, I only took one, but its been here and delivered, never went through COVP.

Now I'm not sure if they're just calling reservations COVP since its similar now, or if they're going to link the programs together. I hope they don't plan to make us upload Bronco orders and get IDs, but nothing would surprise me right now.

Also don't be surprised if things change often and a lot from the Ford/regional/dealer interaction over the next few months. I don't think it will affect production, allocations, or much from the consumers perspective, but rules and policys could be a see saw for a while. Ford's drastically reorganizing how it interacts with dealers, and it started yesterday, but from the reps I talked to, its kind of happening on the fly and no one knows much yet, but short version is new jobs and they'll be more specialized, I think it will be a good change, but the next 6 months could be trying.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If @Ford Motor Company is really allocating Broncos already then that implies the formula has nothing to do with the number of COVP orders a dealer has. That really stinks.
Any dealer that took orders far exceeding their typical allocations did a disservice to their customers and it is being blamed on Ford. Allocations have been a thing for a long time. The guy who posted that he is 35th and they only get 7 a year...THAT type of dealer is the problem.

And because that type of dealer exists, people have multiple orders at multiple dealers (and if you don't think that screws up the system too, I don't know what to tell you).

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any dealer that took orders far exceeding their typical allocations did a disservice to their customers and it is being blamed on Ford. Allocations have been a thing for a long time. The guy who posted that he is 35th and they only get 7 a year...THAT type of dealer is the problem.

And because that type of dealer exists, people have multiple orders at multiple dealers (and if you don't think that screws up the system too, I don't know what to tell you).
We don't need to rehash this old story. We all know @Ford Motor Company changed the rules during the game which hurt the dealers that were most successful in attracting Bronco orders.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model