Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad I went with the Raptor, I would be waiting until mid-2023 for a modular hardtop.
OFF_TOPIC: T COPP, Dig your avatar. I did this last year after going to the Off-Roadeo. Put in the "Bronco" peak in place of the jungle.
Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco allocations starting! Bronco Off Roadeo 6G

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Confusing to me now. Bronco was under reservations, COVP was for other lines (and fresh 22 Bronco orders before the order bank was closed). COVP and Bronco reservations have a separate name match policy and don't count together, each is its own so I consider them different.

That said, tonight's email from Bronco team is referring to reservations using the term COVP, so its now clear as mud.

• Sept 19 23MY Order Guide published
  • Sept 21 Begin updating 23MY retail orders (COVP), non-retail order bank opens & Order Holder email w/ CTA
  • Sept 28 Begin converting Unconverted Reservations to orders & Reservation Holder email
  • Early Oct 23MY scheduling begins
  • Oct 24 Order / Reservation Email Reminder #1 - COVP deadline is 11/21
  • Nov 7 Order / Reservation Email Reminder #2 - COVP Deadline is 11/21
  • Nov 21 COVP Ends - all Reservations must be converted and orders updated to buildable
Thanks, Nathan. From the process going forward, there are a few items that I see will happen.
1. No unconverted reservation will exist after 11/21/22. I didn't think they still existed, but there were some that chimed in earlier in this thread that theirs was still unconverted. After the deadline, Ford will clear any remaining unconverted reservations and credit the reservation holder after cancelling the reservation.​
2. There will be no more PC'99. Order holders will not be able to "park" their order and wait for the next best feature/trim.​
3. The existing MY'22 orders that will need to be updated to MY'23 will have to have a confirmed name match on file. Seems as if some dealers had ghost retail orders in place from prior years to avoid the restrictions on dealer stock orders only to treat the delivery of those orders as dealer stock - name match be damned. Not all dealers engaged in such practices, but the higher volume dealers were not concerned about the low name-match threshold percentages before incurring allocation penalties. Going forward for MY'23, these ghost retail orders should be purged from the system without verified customer credentials on file.​

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

OFF_TOPIC: T COPP, Dig your avatar. I did this last year after going to the Off-Roadeo. Put in the "Bronco" peak in place of the jungle.
Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco allocations starting! Bronco Off Roadeo 6G
Nice. Someone from the Raptor section made it since our Raptors had been sitting for months. I decided to steal it as my avatar.

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks, Nathan. From the process going forward, there are a few items that I see will happen.
1. No unconverted reservation will exist after 11/21/22. I didn't think they still existed, but there were some that chimed in earlier in this thread that theirs was still unconverted. After the deadline, Ford will clear any remaining unconverted reservations and credit the reservation holder after cancelling the reservation.​
2. There will be no more PC'99. Order holders will not be able to "park" their order and wait for the next best feature/trim.​
3. The existing MY'22 orders that will need to be updated to MY'23 will have to have a confirmed name match on file. Seems as if some dealers had ghost retail orders in place from prior years to avoid the restrictions on dealer stock orders only to treat the delivery of those orders as dealer stock - name match be damned. Not all dealers engaged in such practices, but the higher volume dealers were not concerned about the low name-match threshold percentages before incurring allocation penalties. Going forward for MY'23, these ghost retail orders should be purged from the system without verified customer credentials on file.​
I agree with your three points, they are reasonable and would certainly purge the system thereby helping the flow of Broncos to those who have been waiting. Whether Ford follows through with all of these steps remains to be seen. Their track record has not been great with respect to the Bronco launch, which earns them a healthy dose of skepticism. It is possible they have finally seen that changes are needed and are prepared to act...time will tell.

I think the vehicle-to-customer delivery match percentage before allocation penalties kick in is another factor to keep an eye on. IIRC it had dropped down to 60% after originally intended to be around 80%. While this all would help at the dealership level in clearing out the "dead-wood" in front of folks, in the end the dealer allocation formula will remain the most significant factor in determining when someone gets their Bronco.
Sponsored