RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just looked at my wholesale, and Bronco does indeed show now, so 2023 FIRST MONTH allocations are going to dealers.
To clarify, this means?

The whole first month of allocations is for dealers?

OR

The first month's worth of allocations are trickling down to dealers so they'll know how many they have?
Sponsored

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To clarify, this means?

The whole first month of allocations is for dealers?

OR

The first month's worth of allocations are trickling down to dealers so they'll know how many they have?

Every months allocations are for dealers, Ford only sells to dealers. Wholesale tells the dealer how many they get for the month, then during scheduling its figured out which ones by commodities and priority codes.

Since no new retail orders to start, I assume stock will be like current and limited to 4 cyl, softtop without trailer tow, so V6, hardtops and trailer tow will only go to fill rollover orders, if a dealer doesn't have any retails (or if they do, but none buildable due to options), they'll get a stock unit for that allocation.

When Ford feels enough dealers are through their backlog, I expect the order bank to reopen and start taking new orders, I'm betting in a couple months. It's also possible they'll open up retails but not allow ordering the options that have shortages, they've been doing this on many of the other lines this year, so the same is likely on Bronco.

RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every months allocations are for dealers, Ford only sells to dealers. Wholesale tells the dealer how many they get for the month, then during scheduling its figured out which ones by commodities and priority codes.

Since no new retail orders to start, I assume stock will be like current and limited to 4 cyl, softtop without trailer tow, so V6, hardtops and trailer tow will only go to fill rollover orders, if a dealer doesn't have any retails (or if they do, but none buildable due to options), they'll get a stock unit for that allocation.

When Ford feels enough dealers are through their backlog, I expect the order bank to reopen and start taking new orders, I'm betting in a couple months. It's also possible they'll open up retails but not allow ordering the options that have shortages, they've been doing this on many of the other lines this year, so the same is likely on Bronco.
Thanks. That's how I've understood it. Glad I'm sitting with a good priority code. Still an unknown lottery ticket, but I do have one number at least.

RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Allocations > Buildable > Priority Code > Luck of the draw

• Allocations - does your dealer have any slots
  • Buildable - is your build/parts available
  • Priority Code - where are you in line with your dealer (e.g. a buildable priority code 10 will get picked before a buildable 12)
  • Luck of the Draw - how many other buildable Priority Code 10s does your dealer have

Pretty simple "if then" function. Just wish I could see behind the curtain sometimes.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Allocations > Buildable > Priority Code > Luck of the draw

• Allocations - does your dealer have any slots
  • Buildable - is your build/parts available
  • Priority Code - where are you in line with your dealer (e.g. a buildable priority code 10 will get picked before a buildable 12)
  • Luck of the Draw - how many other buildable Priority Code 10s does your dealer have

Pretty simple "if then" function. Just wish I could see behind the curtain sometimes.

Maybe the OP can clarify but it has been widely understood that PC 10-19 are all the same in the Bronco world.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are they allocating '23s when none have been ordered yet? Or is this their allocation they will have for when the rollovers start in a few weeks?

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How are they allocating '23s when none have been ordered yet? Or is this their allocation they will have for when the rollovers start in a few weeks?
If @Ford Motor Company is really allocating Broncos already then that implies the formula has nothing to do with the number of COVP orders a dealer has. That really stinks.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe the OP can clarify but it has been widely understood that PC 10-19 are all the same in the Bronco world.
I have no idea, Bronco scheduling seems so random that I can't say if priority matters or not. Ford has told us we can prioritize, and they've said that time stamp does that for you, I can say I have no idea, commodities seem to be the only thing prioritizing my order bank.

Allocations can be wholesaled long before scheduling begins, Scheduling can't happen until orders are in, but allocation is just a quantity the dealer will be allowed to have schedule, I think order rollover will happen in next couple weeks, with scheduling likely starting toward the end of the month.

If @Ford Motor Company is really allocating Broncos already then that implies the formula has nothing to do with the number of COVP orders a dealer has. That really stinks.
COVP is for the other lines (Customer order verification program, uploaded DL and signed paperwork and we got extra allocations for those units, it excluded Bronco and specialty units), Bronco was different, but I think it's a safe bet that reservations won't play a factor in allocations, I've heard NOTHING, so this is just my opinion, I I think that allocations will either be the same formula as 2022 was, or they'll go to the formula that all the other lines use. Now that there is sales history to base allocations on, that wasn't there in 2021. All the other lines are Sales history and Availability for allocations, my bet is that Bronco will be sales/availability as that will be simple so all lines will use the same formula.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the info. Hopefully they drop the playbook soon so those of us in limbo can decide what to do. I have a pre March '21 cutoff order. My current concerns are is it still price protected and if so can I make changes unlike the past few months where you were locked on most changes in order to keep the price protection. A lot of time has passed since the initial order so definitely want a few major changes. If that causes a loss of protection, I'm out and done with the BS.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gunna ask my dealer what their allocation was. For all of MY22 he would just say “it’s all random I have no idea”

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Couldn't agree more. I am sure that Ford has done the analysis on whether it is better to piss off the big dealers or the people on this forum and the answer seems pretty clear. Ultimately, they will do what they think is best for the value of the company and don't really mind if they say timestamp matters one day and then change their minds the next.
Personally, I went and ordered a Jeep. I wanted the Bronco more but got tired of waiting with no real understanding of what to expect. My dealer is fine and communicates what they know, but I still have no idea when I would get a bronco. The Bronco probably is better for what I want (mostly a daily driver) but at some point I just became tired of waiting. Not swearing Ford off forever, just done with the silliness for now.

Best of luck to those of you still hanging in there. You are all more patient than me.
Friendly challenge to your perspective. Yes big dealers will get mad but what can they do about it? Will they sell their dealership? I guess they could steer clients to other brands that they also carry but most people want what they want.

On the other hand their will be a long lasting impact on people who completely feel screwed by ford and may never buy another one for 25 years. Unfortunately those of us that feel that way and are howling probably represent a small amount in total numbers.

Which means you are right. They will screw over the reservation holders in the short term;

Just had to think that one through a bit…. I am still screwed (granger reservation holder).

BrotaryEngine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes big dealers will get mad but what can they do about it?
  1. File a lawsuit against Ford.
  2. Call up their partner in perpetrating shady :poop:, the state attorney general, and get them to launch an investigation of Ford.
  3. Take their scummy 'ol pals in the state legislature to a nice steak dinner followed by some campaign 💰 to get the ball rolling on new state laws to make Ford's life more difficult.

Max1h

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-150, 1968 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yep 2 day 2 res's still waiting :(