Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The entire purpose of extending price protection through 2023 was BECAUSE of the mod top unavailability in 2022. Reread the ‘23 price protection email.

Now Ford just wants to pretend that it never happened? I am totally stunned that Ford doesn’t think they owe us at least an explanation.

I refuse to believe any blue chip company can be this obtuse to their customer base.
I postulated a scenario that is based on the questions you raised in a private conversation. All the communication on PP has been born out of the availability of the mod top. Any discussion for the past few weeks on MY'23 PP was based on the presumption it would be similar to how the PP for MY'22 was for early reservation holders (I'm only referring to the Smart Vincent private offers and not the retail PP for mid-year increases on MSRP). With the mod top safely locked behind a trim that isn't eligible for PP, it isn't too far of a leap to think that there is no longer a need to continue to extend PP. If that scenario comes to fruition, may B6G's servers rest in peace.
Sponsored

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I postulated a scenario that is based on the questions you raised in a private conversation. All the communication on PP has been born out of the availability of the mod top. Any discussion for the past few weeks on MY'23 PP was based on the presumption it would be similar to how the PP for MY'22 was for early reservation holders (I'm only referring to the Smart Vincent private offers and not the retail PP for mid-year increases on MSRP). With the mod top safely locked behind a trim that isn't eligible for PP, it isn't too far of a leap to think that there is no longer a need to continue to extend PP. If that scenario comes to fruition, may B6G's servers rest in peace.
But I think such move would leave them open to a Class Action Lawsuit

Mo’ Money Mo’ Broncos

Badlands
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LMAO in order to get rear cupholders you must order a Raptor, Everglades, or limited heritage... really?
My favorite is how it took (this may have changed) a $2,400 leather package to get a back seat armrest with last years set up. Is ford just trying to piss us off? Lol. These are pretty standard things that should’ve been easily corrected once they noticed.

BillysMom

Base
First Name
Jetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & some motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was hoping advanced transfer case would be optional on an otherwise base bronco for 2023, alas it's still tied to Sasquatch at that trim. No changes for me! Well i might add keypad....

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Great Ford!

Ford ALL of us 99 Orders for Painted Mod Tops on my23.

Now we don't get it! Oh and we now don't get Cyber Orange for all of us that that was our #1.

makes me really sit back and rethink things here.
I hear ya - I was an AMB and MOD top from the beginning and got screwed early - like seriously who does a 1 year color and doesn't have a dark blue option to replace? The CO drop was more expected after 2 years anyway, I feel for ya.

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But I think such move would leave them open to a Class Action Lawsuit
It wouldn't. The reservation system never promised a Bronco at a set price. The reservation system in the legalese fine print indicated that it gives you the opportunity to order a Bronco. A Bronco delivered was never promised. And most definitely, there was no guarantee that prices would be frozen at 2021 levels.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That's the only reason I think they are holding back the much anticipated Mod top because they clearly have constraints on other items and still offer them!!

Alot of car companies do that, they'll put a feature on a higher trim model or a special edition and then offer it a few years later on their other models.
Then it should have been added to the Raptor - top trim level should get the best top option.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed. What a waste of 2 years. Like many I 99ed order the past two years only to now end up with the same truck I could have had at least last year. 🙄
Well, may have been able to have last year... depending on the allocation.

may the odds be ever in your favor.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It wouldn't. The reservation system never promised a Bronco at a set price. The reservation system in the legalese fine print indicated that it gives you the opportunity to order a Bronco. A Bronco delivered was never promised. And most definitely, there was no guarantee that prices would be frozen at 2021 levels.
The reservation system didn't, but I have two emails from Ford on 3/25/2021 and 6/25/2021 that offered me 200,000 FordPass points to change my order from a Mod to a MIC (I ordered a 2-door) or I could wait for MY22 (3/25) or MY23 (6/25) for the Mod top. If they really are not going to make the black modular hardtop available for MY23, then I and everyone else who waited have actual financial harm due to their unfulfilled promise and that would open them up to a class-action suit.

It's likely irrelevant at this point because Ford has finally pushed me past the point of being willing to wait and deal with more of their BS. I'm just waiting for some official communication from them about dropping the black mod tops from the MY23. If that is truly the case, then I will be cancelling my order.

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The entire purpose of extending price protection through 2023 was BECAUSE of the mod top unavailability in 2022. Reread the ‘23 price protection email.

Now Ford just wants to pretend that it never happened? I am totally stunned that Ford doesn’t think they owe us at least an explanation.

I refuse to believe any blue chip company can be this obtuse to their customer base.
Ford is anything but a blue chip company. They came an inch away from declaring bankruptcy in 2008 and they remained awash in debt ever since. Their bonds have a junk rating, their latest offering has a nearly 10% coupon. They had the best car market ever and couldn't not deliver nearly enough of their products to consumers. When and if they ever get their delivery issues figured out, this country will very likely be in the teeth of a recession. The stock is down 30% YTD.

Blue chip lol.
Still in disbelief.

So Ford gave 200k in Pass points if you opted not to wait for the mod top and settled for either a wavy soft top or a riddled with issues MIC top.

If you choose to wait for the top until 2023, you receive no pass points, no mod top, ending price protection and much higher interest rates? Then you also get radio silence on Ford’s decision making process.

If this was where Ford was going to land…why not inform customers ASAP? Instead they literally don’t address where they are at with their factory build out or the mod top product. Literally nothing outside of offering the new top on a Big Bend specialized trim that doesn’t have price protection and subject to ‘late availability’.

Thank you for playing!!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

F8F48725-DD8E-4979-857E-3E758E43FE6A.jpeg
Allow me to pile on...

FORD and their apologists on here still trying to tell me that after 800 days of waiting, they don't have chips. Never mind that they have built over 100K Broncos so far but somehow they can't build mine due to a lack of chips. Sure.

I knew that’s what they had stated but it seems like information from Ford might be fluid. (Nicest way I knew to say that, haha)
I'll say it. It's total bullshit.

FORD does not honor its reservation holders. Full stop.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not even a MOD top guy, but the idea that they couldn't give people a heads-up that the black MOD isn't happening before now is shameful. People have had these things reserved for literally over two years.

Also, let's be real. The problem isn't Webasto. If that was the problem, they could have gotten someone else on the job during the last two years. My guess is that there's some weight issue and the only way they can skirt the issue is by introducing the MOD top with a new design (Heritage) where they can do more to modify weight and balance.

As a side note, anyone remember when Ford used to say that Broncos would have trail maps?

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only a judge can determine what is and isnt to be litigated in court, I know from experience, and states differ on laws regarding consumer protections. Never count anything out in today’s legal system. I hope for Ford’s success becuase I have lost too much holding out on this Bronco and certainly dont want to see them mired in litigation.
Sponsored