First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not even a MOD top guy, but the idea that they couldn't give people a heads-up that the black MOD isn't happening before now is shameful. People have had these things reserved for literally over two years.

Also, let's be real. The problem isn't Webasto. If that was the problem, they could have gotten someone else on the job during the last two years. My guess is that there's some weight issue and the only way they can skirt the issue is by introducing the MOD top with a new design (Heritage) where they can do more to modify weight and balance.

As a side note, anyone remember when Ford used to say that Broncos would have trail maps?
Sure, you can have trail maps, install on-x on your phone... voila, trail maps.

@Ford Motor Company, where are our trail maps?
Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I may go to a ā€œheritageā€œ for the fenders since the 2.7 is available...will depend on pricing ... and I may be able to sell/trade the ā€œmodā€ top, grill and wheels for some cash to make up the difference...

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well I may go to a ā€œheritageā€œ for the fenders since the 2.7 is available...will depend on pricing ... and I may be able to sell/trade the ā€œmodā€ top for some cash to make up the difference...
Anyone that opts for any of the Heritage Editions will be able to command a hefty premium to sell their Mod Top.

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would we need to actually have class to participate?
No because itā€™s ā€œclassā€ as in a group of aggrieved people and not ā€œclassā€ as in level of quality such as elegance in which Ford has not used in dealing with the aggrieved.

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not surprised Ford pulled the bait and switch on the mod top, saw this coming over the last couple months. Gonna look on the bright side though since I really wanted the white top but wouldā€™ve paid for a black one and then have to pay to get it repainted.

Whenever they get around to producing them, Ford should make the mod tops affordable to Bronco owners who want to replace the MIC. Whatā€™s the chance that happens, zero to none?
I would say that one of your two predicted outcomes will prove to be correct: zero, or none.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm not even a MOD top guy, but the idea that they couldn't give people a heads-up that the black MOD isn't happening before now is shameful. People have had these things reserved for literally over two years.

Also, let's be real. The problem isn't Webasto. If that was the problem, they could have gotten someone else on the job during the last two years. My guess is that there's some weight issue and the only way they can skirt the issue is by introducing the MOD top with a new design (Heritage) where they can do more to modify weight and balance.

As a side note, anyone remember when Ford used to say that Broncos would have trail maps?
I think you just pinned the tail on the Bronco! Based on what we know about the issues with weight, you probably are spot on.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone that opts for any of the Heritage Editions will be able to command a hefty premium to sell their Mod Top.
And just wait if the mod top doesnā€™t transfer to a bronco that didnā€™t get ordered with a mod top. šŸ¤Ŗ
ā€œNeeded new threaded locationsā€¦ā€

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Broncos of the 60's and 70"s didn't build the legacy with all this GRAY!!!!!!!!
Let's not forget the fixation with "Black Onyx" on the interior.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 3.12.26 PM.png

Jamtheman1

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru STI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wow. am i missing something? I do not see any changes from a model year 22' wildtrack to a model 2023.

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And just wait if the mod top doesnā€™t transfer to a bronco that didnā€™t get ordered with a mod top. šŸ¤Ŗ
ā€œNeeded new threaded locationsā€¦ā€
I don't foresee any change in mounting points on the chassis. But then again, the Heritage does have different quarter panels to accommodate the squared flares so there may be a change. There haven't been enough Everglades delivered and swapping tops to confirm if there are any body changes to the mounting points.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I can already see the rash of white top thefts that Ford has created by not openly offering mod tops across the whole Bronco range. Guess I'll have to deploy a theft deterrent to keep mine safe ...

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco and Raptor Order Guide [Updated 12/1/22] ClassicEverlastingAxolotl-max-1mb

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fear not!

In their infinite wisdom, Ford decided to build 1,966 2 door and 1,966 4 door Broncos the correct way (badlands starting point, unique color, brown int, mod top) so every dealership owner\GM\influencer is not screwed over like the rest of the peasants.

"Ford bet on the dealers". I will sleep easier tonight knowing that they are taken care of.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco for 2023 will have a total of ten different Model's / Trim levels available. If you segregate 2 Door and 4 Door body styles that is 18 different Model/Trims/Doors.

That seems to be too many choices but yet there aren't enough options to satisfy anyone.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No because itā€™s ā€œclassā€ as in a group of aggrieved people and not ā€œclassā€ as in level of quality such as elegance in which Ford has not used in dealing with the aggrieved.
(I was joking)
Sponsored